Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Is South Carolina's 2021 class tops in nation again?

With #3, #6, #13 and #26 compared to UConn's #1 ( Fudd? ), #5, #17 and #37.

There's no way UConn's class stays together if they get Fudd. Ducherme, Poffenberger, McLean, Griffin, and Makurat will all be competing for 2 spots along with Fudd. I can't see them content to sit on the bench when they know they can start for most other top 25 programs.

There's no way UConn's class stays together if they get Fudd. Ducherme, Poffenberger, McLean, Griffin, and Makurat will all be competing for 2 spots along with Fudd. I can't see them content to sit on the bench when they know they can start for most other top 25 programs.
Fudd would be competing with Muhl, Williams and Bueckers. The others are wings and forwards. However, that does not mean the class will stay together. The same might be said about South Carolina.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

McLean and Griffin will play the 4 at UConn Along with Aaliyah Edwards. Deberry will probably backup ONO at the 5 her first year. Ducharme, Poffenbarger, and Makurat will compete at the 3 with Fudd supposedly coming in and possibly taking the 2 spot from Williams in her first year and Bueckers and Muhl at the 1. It’ll likely work itself out but that’ll be a pretty tough squad to beat. It’s not like Geno cares if they transfer they will still be UConn so long as they have one of the best teams year in and year out.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Fudd would be competing with Muhl, Williams and Bueckers. The others are wings and forwards. However, that does not mean the class will stay together. The same might be said about South Carolina.

I don't think so. Dawn has done a good job of spacing her classes, focusing on chemistry and taking fewer recruits so that all players get playing time. She will no longer recruit prima donnas. Learned her lesson with you know who. SC is still a young team with one senior ( LeLe ). The fab four will be juniors when this next #1 class comes in. When the fab four are seniors in comes the highly rated local girls.

McLean and Griffin will play the 4 at UConn Along with Aaliyah Edwards. Deberry will probably backup ONO at the 5 her first year. Ducharme, Poffenbarger, and Makurat will compete at the 3 with Fudd supposedly coming in and possibly taking the 2 spot from Williams in her first year and Bueckers and Muhl at the 1. It’ll likely work itself out but that’ll be a pretty tough squad to beat. It’s not like Geno cares if they transfer they will still be UConn so long as they have one of the best teams year in and year out.

If he keeps everyone, they will be nearly impossible to beat because their second unit is basically a top 10 team as well. I just don't see it happening. I agree that Geno doesn't care if they transfer...as long as he keeps the best one. I'm amazed if players like Ducharme and Poffenbarger (and I disagree that they aren't competing directly with Fudd and Makurat for minutes. They are all 2/3s, not 4s) decide to stick around, unless they are more interested in sitting on the bench and cheering for Fudd/Bueckers on route to a NC than actually playing a meaningful role. I can't see them playing more than 10-15 min per game, and that's being generous.

MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP!!!

I think LA will be playing for the championship. Candace has a different energy about her right now and they have a great team. She deserves to be in the MVP conversation for sure! She is getting it done on both ends of the floor. So fun to watch her snatch the rebound and then lead the break right up the middle of the floor. She’ll pick you apart if you let her.

I’ve enjoyed watching them lately. Brittney Sykes has been a great addition for Derek Fisher. They have some great vets and I think they have managed their minutes better than any team so far.

Some of the vets haven’t even really come alive yet. If they stay healthy I expect we will see a different level from Chelsea Gray, Simone Augustus, TRP and Riquna Williams come playoff time. Hate that Riquna is injured, she’s fun to watch. Straight up baller with a smooth shot.

Last edited:
this is a really good podcast run by A'ja Wilson and Napheesa Collier where they have guest from the NBA and WNBA world and today's guest is Candace Parker where she spill the tea!!!

MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP!!!

I can't imagine how much happier the older players must be to be staying in one place to play instead of the constant battle with airlines, hotels and too little rest. Sure, they probably miss the extra punch the home fans can add to a close game, but I doubt that there is anyone who has played professionally more than five years already who isn't thrilled to avoid all the exhausting travel. Candace's energy is greater this year because she's not worn out from all the annoyances that came in between games outside the bubble.

Last edited:
Poor Smitty would never make it at P5 schools with expectations. This should be her wakeup call. Imagine if she worked at that school in Austin. 😂😂😂

Here we go again you played Howard and was taken behind the woodshed, Don`t get me wrong Howard is a better team then Niagara and if your kid which was a three year starter can not score a point in 17 mins she just not that good. So the dad needs to stop with the because she is not black!!!!.

Here we go again you played Howard and was taken behind the woodshed, Don`t get me wrong Howard is a better team then Niagara and if your kid which was a three year starter can not score a point in 17 mins she just not that good. So the dad needs to stop with the because she is not black!!!!.
Sounds like a coaching problem to me.

VN Store

Back