Vanderbilt Has Slammed on The Brakes For Football Activities

Wouldn't be a huge surprise to me. Here's what happens, I see Vandy dropping out and the ACC cancels the season at the last minute after NY state doesn't let Syracuse play home games and Massachusetts follows suit with BC, plus FSU players go on strike and refuse to play for Norvell. Clemson is enraged and applies to fill Vandy's slot. Of course the SEC, seeing a chance to get in one more NC caliber team, says yes and puts them on our schedule..
Its 2020. Anything is possible.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The absolute most liberal school in the SEC, (and that's saying a lot!). Over the last 5 years their commitment to big time athletics has eroded piece by piece.
Cash that check tho! They’ll never leave.

Order has been restored in that (not a rivalry) series.
We have put them in their rightful place, and are trending upwards, as they spiral downward.
Again I say, order has been restored.
We are on a one game win streak. Stating the UT/Vandy order is restored is a bit premature even thought it may turn out to be that way.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
We are on a one game win streak. Stating the UT/Vandy order is restored is a bit premature even thought it may turn out to be that way.
agree

People need to keep in mind that if Vandy actually went on a roll winning every game against us, it would take 47 years for us to be even. The year 2067. Only to be even

Well if the rest of the SEC Schools had went the Vandy route we would be on about the same level as the Patriot League and the size TV revenue that goes with that league, Vandy is the Welfare program of the SEC. Take a lot and contribute very little.

Vanderbilt's baseball team won the SEC's only National Championship in 2019.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I would also add that Tennessee- apparently - already has players that have tested positive or come in contact with others who have tested positive (e.g. Harrison). Doubt there's any protocol or requirements to do so which is a bit disconcerting.

I would also add that Tennessee- apparently - already has players that have tested positive or come in contact with others who have tested positive (e.g. Harrison). Doubt there's any protocol or requirements to do so which is a bit disconcerting.

are you saying in the preparations for all this Covid stuff that they don’t have something in place for quarantining? I’d find that hard to believe

Thus, aside from the obvious concerns that nobody wants these kids to get the virus or have any long-term effects from it, I suspect there is substantial legal risk to U. of Tennessee and any school that opts to play. Administrators know that football players are likely going to get the virus and that it may cause Myocarditis. I also understand that virtually everyone wants life to continue on as normal with football, and that some even think the virus is a 'hoax', but my point is that the decision-making process is riddled with real risk and financial liability to each school, even Vanderbilt.

The financial risk at Vanderbilt is greater because as a private entity they're not shielded by long standing state laws capping injury claims against the government.

What if they cancel football and a player contracts it while on campus in a dorm, classroom, dining hall, sidewalk, etc? Should student athletes be banned from campus in general?

Reactions: tbh and Frozevol
In this rare instance, it is time for us on Volnation to root for Vandy to get their shite together!

Good thing they have 4 new QBs with 3 OL opting out, it could get ugly.

A good bet in vegas might be that they average less than 10 points per game.

76-33-5

If we’re cherry picking I figured I’d just get the whole bushel.

Just replace their sorry azzes with a big 10 school.

Like Ohio State?

In the past 75 years, Ohio State has played against the SEC 16 times and has won 4 times.

In the past 2 years, Vandy has played 16 SEC games and won 4 of them..

Reactions: escapegoat2

VN Store

Back