4 LV score 16 plus tonight in the W tonight!!

VolBalls33

Glory Johnson scored 23, Isabelle Harrison 19, Candace Parker 17, and Shekinna had 16. Big night for former Lady Vols!! Was watching on the espn app live play by play and at one point Candace blocked a shot, stole the ball from Glory, while Shekinna had 2 assists one to Glory all within a 2 min span.

Glory Johnson scored 23, Isabelle Harrison 19, Candace Parker 17, and Shekinna had 16. Big night for former Lady Vols!! Was watching on the espn app live play by play and at one point Candace blocked a shot, stole the ball from Glory, while Shekinna had 2 assists one to Glory all within a 2 min span.

i think Izzy broke her leg šŸ˜³šŸ„ŗ

Whatever her injury wishing her a speedy recovery !

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

I actually noticed that game..all of them vols played well

Talent matters. Those are the number one, two, eight and 29 rated recruits out of high school.

Talent matters. Those are the number one, two, eight and 29 rated recruits out of high school.

Talent matters, but I don't think HS ratings mean a thing at this level. These 4 had the right combination of skills and athleticism on both ends of the court to thrive in the WNBA...unlike Ariel Massengale, Cierra Burdick, Bashaara Graves, and Jaime Nared...all of them top 10 HS players who weren't good enough to make it. Of course, Holly played a hand in not preparing them for the next level; luckily, it seems Harrison succeeded in spite of Holly...not because of her.

If yall didnt know before the wnba games began Glory had contracted Covid although she said she didnt experience symptoms she had to be isolated outside of the wnba buble for weeks while in quarantine she wasnt even allowed to do a push up for fear of it giving her heart complications.She came back once she tested negative and her coach Nikki Collen noted how she wasnt playing they way they wanted her to play she was just settling for 3 pt shots if yall know Glory at Tennessee she was a monster rebounder and early in her wnba career she was noted as the players other players feared guarding...this game was big for her and I am so happy seeing her shine Old Glory is BACK!!!!

our Lady Vols balled out Friday....Pray for Izzy guys her ankle injury looked really serious....on the bright note Candace got her what she calls 1 charge per year and went a little crazy afterward

Talent matters, but I don't think HS ratings mean a thing at this level. These 4 had the right combination of skills and athleticism on both ends of the court to thrive in the WNBA...unlike Ariel Massengale, Cierra Burdick, Bashaara Graves, and Jaime Nared...all of them top 10 HS players who weren't good enough to make it. Of course, Holly played a hand in not preparing them for the next level; luckily, it seems Harrison succeeded in spite of Holly...not because of her.

So itā€™s a coincidence that highly ranked players are better? Got it. Great we got lucky with developmental kids like Catchings, Randall and Holdsclow too I guess.

Top ranked kids seem to have worked out ok for the teams winning the national championships for the last decade.

So itā€™s a coincidence that highly ranked players are better? Got it. Great we got lucky with developmental kids like Catchings, Randall and Holdsclow too I guess.

Top ranked kids seem to have worked out ok for the teams winning the national championships for the last decade.

developmental kids/coaches....I watch Mercedes Russell and see the value of having proficient assistants...Her fluidity of movement since moving out of the collegiate S/D coaches are amazingly advanced...She is moving much more effortlessly and now looking like what she was projected to be.

I am a mechanics and skills coach ...I know little about S&D except to recognize the need for it. After seeing MR play and move like she is now, I have a great respect for S&D coaches who can do that

developmental kids/coaches....I watch Mercedes Russell and see the value of having proficient assistants...Her fluidity of movement since moving out of the collegiate S/D coaches are amazingly advanced...She is moving much more effortlessly and now looking like what she was projected to be.

I am a mechanics and skills coach ...I know little about S&D except to recognize the need for it. After seeing MR play and move like she is now, I have a great respect for S&D coaches who can do that
Iā€™m not sure what ā€œlooking like what she was projected to beā€ means.

With Stewart out last year Russell played 26 MPG. With Stewart back she is averaging half of what she did in minutes, points and rebounds, at 13 MPG, 3.6 PPG and 3.1 RPG.

Oh right, because first round WNBA draft picks this year Bella Alarie, Satou Sabally, Jocelyn Willoughby, Mikiah Herbert-Herrigan, Kitija Laksa, Tyasha Harris, Jazmine Jones and Ruthy Hebard were all top 25 ranked HS players. Oh wait, I guess they weren't. Not a single McD AA in that group. But somehow, they made up 8 of the 12 first round picks in the draft. I guess it did have something to do with player development in college.

Iā€™m not sure what ā€œlooking like what she was projected to beā€ means.

With Stewart out last year Russell played 26 MPG. With Stewart back she is averaging half of what she did in minutes, points and rebounds, at 13 MPG, 3.6 PPG and 3.1 RPG.
Stewart is in the MVP talks.
Of course she will play less minutes, so would anyone except for a rare few

Oh right, because first round WNBA draft picks this year Bella Alarie, Satou Sabally, Jocelyn Willoughby, Mikiah Herbert-Herrigan, Kitija Laksa, Tyasha Harris, Jazmine Jones and Ruthy Hebard were all top 25 ranked HS players. Oh wait, I guess they weren't. Not a single McD AA in that group. But somehow, they made up 8 of the 12 first round picks in the draft. I guess it did have something to do with player development in college.
And the rookie of the year will probably either a top 3 or top 6 ranked HS player. This subject has me wondering who is currently the best WNBA player who was ranked outside of the top 50 by all the recruiting services coming out of HS.

Last edited:
And the rookie of the year will probably either a top 3 or top 6 ranked HS player. This subject has me wondering who is currently the best WNBA player who was ranked outside of the top 50 by all the recruiting services coming out of HS.

Satou Sabally still would be one of the favorites if she doesn't take too long to recover from her injury.

To answer your second question...at least for current players...my picks would be Angel McCoughtry, Courtney Vandersloot, Courtney Williams and Allie Quigley.

Satou Sabally still would be one of the favorites if she doesn't take too long to recover from her injury.

To answer your second question...at least for current players...my picks would be Angel McCoughtry, Courtney Vandersloot, Courtney Williams and Allie Quigley.

I assume your using Hoopgurlz rankings only in your previous post by those rookies being ranked outside of the top 25 that got drafted. Bella Alarie and Mikiah Herbert-Herrigan fit the description that you're talking about but the rest of them don't. Some of the players you listed like Satou Sabally and Kitija Laksa are European players and they aren't ranked by the recruiting services. Ruthy Hebard wasn't a top 25 ranked player but made the USA basketball team prior to her freshmen season. Tyasha Harris was ranked 18 by Prospect Nation and 22 by Bluestar. Jazmine Jones was ranked 13th by ASGR and 20th by Prospects Nation. Jocelyn Willoughby was ranked high as 15th by ASGR, 26 by Bluestar, and 29 by Prospects Nation.

Reactions: lfvol

Fair points, development and elite talent produce the best - no argument. The point I was making was that elite talent typically become the best players.

VN Store

Back