'21 AL OL Rod Orr (Free Shoes U commit)

Wait, so Orr shot his friend? Or his was near someone who shot his friend?

Seems like the distinction between the two would be important here.

If Orr is the one who pulled the trigger, accidental or not, it gives me some pause on whether to take his commitment or not.

Others might disagree with me. I think people deserve a second chance but I think being careless with a firearm is different than purchasing weed or getting caught with some drugs on you.

I’ll wait till all the facts come out before I form my final opinion, but this is at least somewhat concerning.

If Orr is the one who pulled the trigger, accidental or not, it gives me some pause on whether to take his commitment or not.

Others might disagree with me. I think people deserve a second chance but I think being careless with a firearm is different than purchasing weed or getting caught with some drugs on you.

I’ll wait till all the facts come out before I form my final opinion, but this is at least somewhat concerning.

Article says we are continuing to recruit him. Our head coach might be the most knowledgeable person on the planet about NE Alabama football. Just one mans opinion, but that’s good enough for me.

Article says we are continuing to recruit him. Our head coach might be the most knowledgeable person on the planet about NE Alabama football. Just one mans opinion, but that’s good enough for me.

I'm not sure what being knowledgeable about NE Alabama football has to do with a kid accidentally shooting and killing his friend, but okay. I'm not saying I don't trust Pruitt. I just think this is a different situation than talking trash to the cops or getting caught with drugs.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
I'm not sure what being knowledgeable about NE Alabama football has to do with a kid accidentally shooting and killing his friend, but okay. I'm not saying I don't trust Pruitt. I just think this is a different situation than talking trash to the cops or getting caught with drugs.
You know 0 about the situation. What if his friends were trying to teach him how to properly load and unload the firearm? What if the gun jammed and in the process of getting it unjammed it discharged. What if his buddy was downrange trying to play a joke and didn't know about the guns? There's a million explanations that could mean anything

1)I’m not sure that it’s been 100% determined that he was the one who pulled the trigger. One article said he was “close to the situation “.
2) My point was that Pruitt knows basically everyone involved in football in that area. And I he doesn’t know them, his Dad or Probst know them. If the kid has any character issues it will take about 4 seconds for JP to find out about it.

1)I’m not sure that it’s been 100% determined that he was the one who pulled the trigger. One article said he was “close to the situation “.
2) My point was that Pruitt knows basically everyone involved in football in that area. And I he doesn’t know them, his Dad or Probst know them. If the kid has any character issues it will take about 4 seconds for JP to find out about it.

That makes more sense. I was just clarifying and confused by the original comment. As I said in my original post, I am waiting for the rest of the info to come out. I just personally find it slightly concerning which I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. I hope it turns out to be not the kid’s fault.

You think accidently shooting someone is worse than knowingly carrying drugs? They're called accidents for a reason. And without knowing any more details about the situation, the word accident is all we have to go on. I would think choosing to do wrong is worse than accidently doing wrong, but I'm just the Dalai Lama, what do I know?

You think accidently shooting someone is worse than knowingly carrying drugs? They're called accidents for a reason. And without knowing any more details about the situation, the word accident is all we have to go on. I would think choosing to do wrong is worse than accidently doing wrong, but I'm just the Dalai Lama, what do I know?

I’m not going to get in a philosophical debate with you. As I said in multiple posts I’m waiting on more information to come out before making a final judgement.

Alabama district attorneys usually take a very hard stance on accidental deaths.
The shooter will get time. Football player or not.
Even though you would never hear it in today's media, there still are places in our country that believe in personal responsibility.

Homicide is worse than knowingly carrying drugs.
Damn near everywhere.

i'll defer to the law

Reactions: GojiraVol17
I think some of you must not understand what the word "accident" means. Accidental homicide is not the same as murder. Murder is done with intent. Hell, we don't even know if Orr is in fact guilty of accidental homicide and some are already passing judgement. That's just stupid.

I think some of you must not understand what the word "accident" means. Accidental homicide is not the same as murder. Murder is done with intent. Hell, we don't even know if Orr is in fact guilty of accidental homicide and some are already passing judgement. That's just stupid.
I think sometimes you go full blown offended when someone is only trying to discuss something with you, if you want me to be honest. Chill out a little, buddy. It’s all good. At least it’s not something we’re involved in directly. I hate it for the kid, truly. That young man that was accidentally killed, his family needs our prayers. Yet again in another thread we can’t see past our noses with our first world problems. Got people out here losing their children and we’re in here bit*hing at one another. Smh.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Could, but accident means there was clearly no intent. There was not a choice made to do something wrong.

And again, this is all speculation, as far as I know. I'm guessing the coaches know far more than we do.
110%. I fully trust our coaching staff knows as much as anyone can at this point.

VN Store

Back