Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t matter which bathroom I sneak off to use for #2. Magically the kid, the dogs, and the wife all congregate outside the door making enough noise to sound like a battle royale.

FYI younger guys, if you want to poop in peace don’t get married or have kids.
And off on the inevitable tangent we go

Be sure to go around Cades Cove 2 hours before sunset.

How are you doing? Still in our prayers, have you and your Urologist come up with a good plan?

Been there 3 times, once Wednesday morning to ride our bikes. Cades Cove has always been my wife's favorite place.

Heading back to Charleston today to have my prostate removed on Monday.

Thanks for your continued prayers.

It doesn’t matter which bathroom I sneak off to use for #2. Magically the kid, the dogs, and the wife all congregate outside the door making enough noise to sound like a battle royale.

Seconded. It’s because they know they caught us with our pants down, and vulnerable. Blood in the water.

Florida –

I find that one of the more amusing things the media tends to focus on every year for our game with Florida is the “mental hurdle”. I think it’s all psychobabble. The real issue is that year in and year out for the past 11 years Florida has had the better defense and defense wins games. The low rent teams in our conference, the ones who can’t afford to build on both sides of the ball, tend to focus on offense because that excites the fans and sells tickets. Obviously, you’d prefer to be strong on both sides of the ball but some teams in the league can’t pull that off as well as the elite of the elite.

The following table shows the scoring offenses of UF & UT against conference competition and the scoring defense against conference competition. The table looks at the differences between the offenses and the differences between the defenses and then shows the net difference between the two teams. That net difference fairly well aligns with the outcome of the game between UF and UT every year up until the last two. In the last two years since we both had coaching changes Florida has started to pull away from the tight spread that frequently existed between the two teams.

Obviously we’ve been beyond inept on offense the last couple of years, with turnovers, stupid penalties, and costly mistakes, that have doomed our competitiveness in those two matchups. The thing is other than 2015 & 16 with Dobbs I don’t think we’ve put an offense on the field in most years capable of competing against an elite defense. I mean I liked Bray and I don’t fault him for not having a defense but his offense couldn’t really perform all that well against elite defenses either. He did, however, beat the UF defense by 8.1 points in 2012. Dobbs beat the UF defense by 11.8 points in 2015 and by 18.3 points in 2016, the latter of which was enough to finally get us a victory in the series.

We lost in 2012 because we had no defensive coaching whatsoever that year and gave up 40 points a game on average to all conference opponents. In 2015 we had over the top stupid play calling on defense that allowed UF to convert over 17.8 million 4th downs in the 4th quarter to come back and win. In 2016, in the second half, between Dobbs, Barnett, Jennings, Malone, TKjr, Hurd, Wolf, and others, they said, hell no, not this time.

The most celebrated analysts in all of college football are expecting us to have the 7th best defense in the country this year. That suggests we will be giving up on average less than 17 points per game to the opposing teams. Now Florida lost more production on both sides of the ball than we did and they lost key guys to the NFL from all three levels of their defense. Would it really be too much to ask that we score at least 24 points against their guys this year. I don’t think so. jmo.

View attachment 301525
It's mental. Sorry.

I sold my family to a traveling carnival for that very reason.

We intentionally let HB get the Rona that way when the other QBs “catch it” during the season he takes over and never looks back.

Chess not checkers.

I agree with all that except that as I understand it HB doesn’t and hasn’t had the virus. It seems he and others were in contact with someone who tested positive and through contact tracing was identified for quarantine until the prescribed time had elapsed to allow for the virus if it had been picked up to incubate in its new hosts. It’s been reported that the virus never took hold with HB and that he has tested negative twice in quarantine and is now expected back at practice on Monday, at which point all hell is likely going to break loose in the QB room. jmo.

I’m cynical. Last year Shannon Reid was the man in fall camp and Nathan Neihaus was the man in spring practice. This year the buzz goes to JT Shrout. Now that may be real or it may be we don’t want him to transfer and since all the prior buzz was about JG and BM it would seem as a RSo JTS would be the most likely to consider looking around. On Monday it won’t matter. Once HB shows up at practice ALL of the other QBs are going to realize that the competition is over. It’s like I’ve always heard. You don’t pull on superman’s cape, you don’t spit into the wind, and you don’t mess around with HB. jmo.

Welcome. You will grow to love the locals as well as the beautiful environment. Real estate values are strongly increasing here, so make the move on buying before they skyrocket more. As the real estate market improves in the midwest and Florida, the people waiting to relocate here are now able to sell their homes at prices that can make it happen. A lot of infrastructure proposals and plans are being implemented on the state level to accommodate the anticipated growth.
I have land in wears valley I hope it doesn't grow at all. If it becomes pigeon forge I'm out.

Reactions: tnhunter 10
Welcome. You will grow to love the locals as well as the beautiful environment. Real estate values are strongly increasing here, so make the move on buying before they skyrocket more. As the real estate market improves in the midwest and Florida, the people waiting to relocate here are now able to sell their homes at prices that can make it happen. A lot of infrastructure proposals and plans are being implemented on the state level to accommodate the anticipated growth.

Unfortunately, we won't buy for a couple of years because we're traveling out west for a good bit the next 2 years in our RV. Will winter in Charleston near family/grandkids. Then we'll settle somewhere around here.

I gave up pooping in peace in the high school basketball locker rooms that did t have doors on the stalls. We use to throw wet towels, socks with icy hot on them, and other horrible things at our teammates trying to poop in peace

Still not fixed but I agree. Only thing I'll add is I've never really found a good quality laptop. My Dell desktops have performed well over the years.

I assume you don't want it for gaming. I've had good experiences with the Lenovo Thinkpad series. Also, and if you have the money, I know a few people that have a MS Surface and they all like theirs.

One piece of advice about laptops if you need one: you're going to spend the money, but definitely spend the money. Desktops will always, on average, outperform and outlive laptops. A laptop processor is nowhere near the capability of its desktop variant.

The four-star Class of 2021 defensive lineman from Gaffney (S.C.) High School shared a graphic that listed Tennessee and South Carolina as his leaders.

The graphic also showed Georgia listed under the heading of "contenders" .

The 247Sports Crystal Ball still points to South Carolina as the favorite to land him, with the Gamecocks getting five of the six current predictions and one pick going to Georgia.

BackBrightKakapo-size_restricted.gif

I assume you don't want it for gaming. I've had good experiences with the Lenovo Thinkpad series. Also, and if you have the money, I know a few people that have a MS Surface and they all like theirs.

One piece of advice about laptops if you need one: you're going to spend the money, but definitely spend the money. Desktops will always, on average, outperform and outlive laptops. A laptop processor is nowhere near the capability of its desktop variant.
I try my hardest not to be an Apple guy but MacBooks can't be beat.

Direct contact.

This. Have something for you guys to try. We mix in the meat Famous Davs Devils spit BBQ along with cheddar cheese mixed in it. Now my wife adds an egg and bread crumbs that help keep the patty together cause the sauce makes it mushy. Put on grill carefully once seared on one side really makes it easier to flip over but still be slow and careful when doing that. Once they are done there are just incredible. When friends come over and we grill them they are always blown away and want to know what I did to my burgers. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back