Cade Mays waiver denied

His lawyer dismissed himself from Cade because he started doing consulting work for the NCAA and it was a conflict of interest. Before he left he thought Cades case was a slam dunk and said Tennessee was the best in the business at handling transfer request.
😂
Looks like they failed to get Saban’s approval before the move.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol and I4Vols
The NCAA should either make everyone wait a year with no exceptions. Or grant immediate eligibility for everyone who transfers that first time. We all know they were on verge of changing the rule before covid hit and when things get back to normal they will. It defies logic that they cling to a "lame duck rule" and enforce it randomly.

The NCAA is just so lost right now. How the hell does UGA get not one, but two QB’s approved in mere days, yet Mays is denied and other teams all over the SEC are waiting, waiting and still waiting?

Bulltish!

Wait, I’m missing something.. who is the second QB approved? JT Daniels and?? Newman is a grad transfer who doesn’t need a waiver to play. Did they get another one?!?

Reactions: Jaws
Wait, I’m missing something.. who is the second QB approved? JT Daniels and?? Newman is a grad transfer who doesn’t need a waiver to play. Did they get another one?!?

I actually didn’t realize Newman was a grad transfer, so my mistake there. But there are numerous other examples of players getting immediate eligibility for no apparent reasons, especially QB’s. Tate Martell to Miami, Justin Fields to Ohio State are two of the most well known.

The only problem I see is that he transferred within the division.
I don't think those ever get approved. Unless you're a grad transfer which he is not.

Regardless, under the circumstances....it's the wild-west this season, play him anyway.
NCAA is not very clear on why they approved or not. Can sue them on grounds of conspiracy.

Reactions: Raebo
I absolutely do not understand how they make decisions. Complete bullsh*t.

Their preferred method.
This...

a354db86-bdba-4016-9176-e5dd585553c2_1.8bd557a4dba3ed162a2d44055e4f508d.jpeg

Or...

aq8uakodp2f11.jpg

Still don't know why UT waited so long to send in the paperwork? NCAA said in April they were not going to vote on the transfer rule in May as scheduled.
Does it matter as far as the decision coming out today? If the appeal is denied Mays may opt for the NFL and not play another down of college football.

I agree with some of y'all, just play him anyway...If the NCAA gotta problem with, just tell em' tough sh*t.
Have Sankey tell the NCAA we're leaving for good if the try and sanction y'all...Let them know who daddy is.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I agree with some of y'all, just play him anyway...If the NCAA gotta problem with, just tell em' tough sh*t.
Have Sankey tell the NCAA we're leaving for good if the try and sanction y'all...Let them know who daddy is.
Did the NCAA ever do anything to Memphis basketball for playing James Wiseman after he was ruled ineligible? Nope. What is the worst that could happen? They make us forfeit games that we probably won't win anyway? Pffft.

Mays' lawyer should sue the NCAA for loss of revenue because of the impact on his draft status if he does not get to play. $10-$20 Million should get the NCAA's attention.

Big 10 and PAC 12 players should do the same thing.

His lawyer dismissed himself from Cade because he started doing consulting work for the NCAA and it was a conflict of interest. Before he left he thought Cades case was a slam dunk and said Tennessee was the best in the business at handling transfer request.

Sounds like the consulting work he is doing for the NCAA is how to deny waiver requests.

Reactions: 08Vol
Everything is going to be alright, Ray has spoken to the NCAA about Cade. If it wasnt from Ray ,I am afraid to see where we would be.

VN Store

Back