2022 Target List

I have to imagine there is a good reason why CRB and staff aren't all over this young man. I'll trust CRB's judgment and wish Clark well wherever he goes.

I have to imagine there is a good reason why CRB and staff aren't all over this young man. I'll trust CRB's judgment and wish Clark well wherever he goes.
We are recruiting him, but he just moved to the Nashville area from the west coast, I believe. It isn't like he's been a life-long Tennessee native. He has been a UK lean for quite some time, so I'd imagine we decided to not invest a ton of time and effort when he's likely headed to Lexington. We have more realistic prospects in mind like Jaden Bradley and BJ Edwards at PG for 2022, and Kennedy Chandler in 2021 if Clark reclassifies.

Yes, new to Tennessee so we have no "loyalty equity" built up concerning him. I understand he will probably end up at what is a blue blood program, so I don't feel like we will be losing one we could have had.

Reactions: StrangeVol
We are recruiting him, but he just moved to the Nashville area from the west coast, I believe. It isn't like he's been a life-long Tennessee native. He has been a UK lean for quite some time, so I'd imagine we decided to not invest a ton of time and effort when he's likely headed to Lexington. We have more realistic prospects in mind like Jaden Bradley and BJ Edwards at PG for 2022, and Kennedy Chandler in 2021 if Clark reclassifies.

As someone who doesn’t follow recruiting very much, it’s sometimes confusing on where guys are actually from. I saw he’s from Brentwood and was like “really, we didn’t put more of a fight for him” and then saw he just moved here so he’s not a true in state guy

Reactions: cncchris33
As someone who doesn’t follow recruiting very much, it’s sometimes confusing on where guys are actually from. I saw he’s from Brentwood and was like “really, we didn’t put more of a fight for him” and then saw he just moved here so he’s not a true in state guy
Correct. Nashville is a real hotbed for population growth, so I'd be skeptical of anyone "from" that area being a true in-state prospect without digging deeper.

Correct. Nashville is a real hotbed for population growth, so I'd be skeptical of anyone "from" that area being a true in-state prospect without digging deeper.
I lived in Nashville all my life until I moved to Knox in 2006. It still shocks me seeing how much bigger and how many more people are there now. Huge difference.

That certainly sounds like he is more open that the rumors have suggested. Good to hear. The phrase that, and I'm paraphrasing, "I don't approach this idea (picking a school) like I did as a kid. This is a business decision and a decision about fit", is rather promising.

Impressive list of teams and Coach Barnes and his staff are upgrading the roster every season.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
That certainly sounds like he is more open that the rumors have suggested. Good to hear. The phrase that, and I'm paraphrasing, "I don't approach this idea (picking a school) like I did as a kid. This is a business decision and a decision about fit", is rather promising.
That connected with me, too. It seems our chances are better than I thought.

Updated Rivals rankings...

#5 Brandon Huntley-Hatfield
#7 Jaden Bradley
#11 Dariq Whitehead
#13 Brandon Miller
#16 Skyy Clark
#19 Scoota Henderson
#34 Eric Dailey Jr.
#48 Prince Aligbe
#50 Felix Okpara (Hamilton Heights)
#52 Roddy Gayle Jr.
#58 Colin Smith
#61 BJ Edwards (Knoxville, TN)
#83 De’ante Green
#87 Devin Ree

NR Daniel Sanford
NR Handje Tamba

Last edited:
In less glamorous, but important, news the Vols offered local 7-footer Hadje Tomba from Knox Catholic this week. This offer has been a possibility for a long time now and to say that Tennessee thoroughly evaluated Tamba would be an understatement. The Vols weren’t ready to pull the trigger with an early offer during Tamba’s sophomore season but the improvement he’s shown over the last five months convinced the staff to make the move.
Tamba not only plays both high school and travel ball with another 2022 target in B.J. Edwards, he has been in the same B-Maze Elite program with assistant coach Des Oliver’s son, Dante (a 2023 prospect at CAK who could also turn into a high major player). As a result the Vols have had ample opportunity to gauge Tamba’s talent and potential as well as getting a good feel for his character.
-VQ

This is who I want to replace Banchero. Of course, I also want Jabari Smith, but if I had to choose one, it would be Huntley-Hatfield

Reactions: BillVol7

VN Store

Back