Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big 10 will survive this, it's not in any remote danger.

Nebraska is just showing their ass. They're lucky Delany still isn't the Big-10 commissioner. It's my understanding he had a predilection towards colorful language and was not beyond throwing it at ADs or coaches who crossed him. Too bad he's not still in charge.

No way the Big 12's revenue sharing could compete with Big-10. Remember Texas has its own TV network and doesn't share any of that with the other teams in the Big-12. Plus the conference is now populated with a large number of 2nd tier teams like West Virginia.

But you are absolutely right, it would be great to have Nebraska playing Oklahoma regularly again. Those games in the 60's and 70's were really good.
I think there will be negative consequences for the Big 10 starting with recruiting especially if the other conferences play even half of their games. How far those reach we will see. But I could definitely see Nebraska leaving the conference. They have never really fit in and went downhill since joining. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds especially with MV talking about the next 48 hours.

I think you’re not reading enough into the idea that most of the time they couldn’t trust JG to throw so they had to run

But it was the same when BM and JTS were in games. Which is why JG would end up back in games. If Pruitt trusted just anybody to align the offense in run situations, then JG would likely have never seen the field after the UF game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back