Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of recruits for the next cycle will re-think their college choices.

Kinda like when SMU got the death penalty years ago.

The NCAA will have a hard time telling these kids at big ten and other schools that they can’t transfer. Especially if certain kids lawyer up. Gonna be a mess for sure.

But..... if the SEC and ACC stay the course and play..... My My My we could REAP the benefits.

Just thinking, could this help teams like Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, etc.? It depends on a kid's situation and classification. But if he just has a year or two left, then he will want to play. Also, the 25 limit will cap a recruiting class, so recruits will have to look at schools that have room.

I think a lot of recruits for the next cycle will re-think their college choices.

The NCAA will have a hard time telling these kids at big ten and other schools that they can’t transfer. Especially if certain kids lawyer up. Gonna be a mess for sure.

But..... if the SEC and ACC stay the course and play..... My My My we could REAP the benefits.
Is the SEC, assuming we play, happy about this because of a potential shift for recruiting, TV money etc.?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I talked to P5 staff member last night. This BIG 10 decision was expected. SEC and ACC are both very committed to playing. Wild card is Big 12. If Big 12 will play, then it will only strengthen SEC and ACC’s commitment to play.
BTW, players want to play - coaches want to play.

Yep I thing Big 12 is going to be the deciding factor, if they say play, SEC and ACC will stick to their guns.

Reactions: Devo182

But SMU was on an unique island...by themselves. No defined timeline for when they would ever play football again. Not exactly a parallel. I could see them second guess the conference’s commitment and one has already done so by decommiting from tOSU...but he’s from Texas. Recruits who’ve grown up enamored with the Buckeyes and Wolverines might not be so fickle in large numbers.

It would be crazy cool to see football in Michigan in February. Comon.

“Hello there and welcome to the I Suddenly Really REALLY Regret Committing to Michigan Bowl here on ESPN. It’s a breezy 12 degrees Fahrenheit here in Ann Arbor, with light snow expected for the entirety of the contest...”

It's crazy to see how little leadership there is in college football. It's like chickens running around with their heads cut off
Exactly what happens when no one is in charge of the P5/A5 consortium. There are 5 separate "leaders" and the presidents see openings to push their weight around.

If P5s are going to control themselves in football, maybe they need a better system for uniform decision making. This whole thing has exposed the autonomous conferences' lack of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back