Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they put their bodies on the line because they love to play the game and for the furtherance if their ambitions..

If guys are getting a free education and healthcare to play ball..then they should play ball or forego the free stuff. How long is this bull💩 gonna go on? It is ridiculously interminable at this point.

Hell..I wish they would just tell guys that are scared to go on with life to go home, that is their perogative, and give the crap to guys that want to play...I am pretty damn sure they would not have trouble finding guys to field a team at most major universities.

I wish the NFL would field a minor league, and develop their own players (I won't care, because I hate the NFL and don't watch it unless it has something to do with cheering on former Vols) so we start to get away from this mercenary crap.

Sick of all of it..have a nice day..

View attachment 298491
Enjoy brother

The potential is very limited. Most guys are out of the league after a couple years. Then they’re like the rest of us schmucks but probably have worse knees, backs, shoulders, etc than 95% of us

They make the choice to do so or not. The players can make a choice to unionize. The Universities can make a choice to revoke their scholarship. No one is being made to play this year or any year in the SEC. Already allowed to opt out.

Not really. What about players who destroy their bodies with drugs? Should schools be responsible for that? What about players who don't take care of their bodies? School responsible? If you want to put the school on the hook for all medical care, then they should be allowed to set requirements for how these guys live their entire lives, not just the time they're in school. And that would be ridiculous. Morality doesn't play into this, and nothing about it is simple.
You’re making leaps and assumptions that I really don’t think would be a problem for most of these guys. Sure, there would probably be a couple that abuse the system but does that mean the majority of guys living right should be deprived of medical care they deserve?

They make the choice to do so or not. The players can make a choice to unionize. The Universities can make a choice to revoke their scholarship. No one is being made to play this year or any year in the SEC. Already allowed to opt out.
Rooting for the players on this one. They hold the cards too. If no one plays the university losses millions

Nope! Kill it all. I want to see it all brought to their knees. They all make too much money and it is no longer a college sport but a pro feeding ground if they get what they want. It is time to get sports back to where they should've stayed. Tons of kids will not get an education or any opportunities in life like what they get now because of their selfish entitlement. I can keep my money and do other things like watch high school sports with kids who play for the love of the game and pride of their school. Kids who want an education can now go to college to take advantage of getting something they work for. If they go this route, then kill it for all of the kids. I can go to places and enjoy the beauty of this country instead of wasting time with all the pricks. Refunds for all and no more rewards for guys who wouldn't sniff a six figure salary without sports.
Right there..sick of all of it..

Rooting for the players on this one. They hold the cards too. If no one plays the university losses millions
Fans follow the university not the player. If JG doesn't play this year the show goes on, same for EG, BT,AT. The players don't hold the cards there are thousands just waiting for them to slip up that would be happy with what is offered and would be on campus in a heartbeat.

You’re making leaps and assumptions that I really don’t think would be a problem for most of these guys. Sure, there would probably be a couple that abuse the system but does that mean the majority of guys living right should be deprived of medical care they deserve?
You're talking about what people "deserve" and I'm the one making leaps and assumptions? I can think of plenty of professions that I believe "deserve" more than what they actually get, but football player would not be on that list. I wish I had half the talent of most of these kids, not to make money, but just for love of the game.

Fans follow the university not the player. If JG doesn't play this year the show goes on, same for EG, BT,AT. The players don't hold the cards there are thousands just waiting for them to slip up that would be happy with what is offered and would be on campus in a heartbeat.
Yeah scabs would ruin it but if all the players showed solidarity they’d easily beat the schools. Wouldn’t take much time either

You're talking about what people "deserve" and I'm the one making leaps and assumptions? I can think of plenty of professions that I believe "deserve" more than what they actually get, but football player would not be on that list. I wish I had half the talent of most of these kids, not to make money, but just for love of the game.
Right there.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
The money is there for players to get what they deserve so why deprive them of it?

If they cancel college sports for the next year, it will be EXPONENTIALLY more devastating than if they go run around on a filed together or play a sport indoors with no fans.

Sane people need to step the hell up.

An entire industry will go up in flames and the residual effects are heart breaking. Sure they could recover but the cost will be tremendous. And it's not really a given at all that they would recover.

Everything is totally absurd.

Yeah scabs would ruin it but if all the players showed solidarity they’d easily beat the schools. Wouldn’t take much time either
No they wouldn't. The players have no power. There are 100 different options for the schools. For the players its dont play dont go to the league. Its really not hard to figure out.

If they cancel college sports for the next year, it will be EXPONENTIALLY more devastating than if they go run around on a filed together or play a sport indoors with no fans.

Sane people need to step the hell up.

An entire industry will go up in flames and the residual effects are heart breaking. Sure they could recover but the cost will be tremendous. And it's not really a given at all that they would recover.

Everything is totally absurd.
The world is now ran by the criminally stupid...it is only going to get worse going forward.

If they refuse to play because of money(not the virus), then I look forward to them receiving their tuition bills as they will have violated their scholarships.

I thought they put their bodies on the line because they love to play the game and for the furtherance if their ambitions..

If guys are getting a free education and healthcare to play ball..then they should play ball or forego the free stuff. How long is this bull💩 gonna go on? It is ridiculously interminable at this point.

Hell..I wish they would just tell guys that are scared to go on with life to go home, that is their perogative, and give the crap to guys that want to play...I am pretty damn sure they would not have trouble finding guys to field a team at most major universities.

I wish the NFL would field a minor league, and develop their own players (I won't care, because I hate the NFL and don't watch it unless it has something to do with cheering on former Vols) so we start to get away from this mercenary crap.

Sick of all of it..have a nice day..

View attachment 298491
Exactly. About to start going to HS games and forget the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back