'21 GA TE Miles Campbell (Tennessee signee)

I didn’t see it. Always felt they’d find a place for Osovet...if someone else didn’t snap him up. Doubt all of his time is spent with the TE’s. Betting he has an imprint in game day scheming.
Hell I was for making Osevet OC last year, I mean I'm glad we got Chaney but I would have been all for it.

Hell I was for making Osevet OC last year, I mean I'm glad we got Chaney but I would have been all for it.
Hopefully Chaney has some years left in him, but honestly with Osovet, Tee, and Chip Long, have to like our ability to hire internally in the future. No shortage of offensive minds.

It would have been a hard sell to the usual suspects...hell they bisched about him getting the TE’s gig. Then he went on the road. 😉 I don’t see his X’s and O’s as second to many of at all, but Chaney was a legit hire. Selfishly want to keep both and maybe there’s a way to swing it.

It would have been a hard sell to the usual suspects...hell they bisched about him getting the TE’s gig. Then he went on the road. 😉 I don’t see his X’s and O’s as second to many of at all, but Chaney was a legit hire. Selfishly want to keep both and maybe there’s a way to swing it.
I think there’s no doubt they have a sell to keep em both. Hell, Chaney has said he’s wanting to retire here. Osovet can learn from the best, then take over in two years. Perfect scenario. Thank you East Tennessee for being so beautiful, and “user friendly”

Hopefully Chaney has some years left in him, but honestly with Osovet, Tee, and Chip Long, have to like our ability to hire internally in the future. No shortage of offensive minds.
Did we not get some good analyst's also doing kind of what osovet did as an off field coach first.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Didn't know SI even covered high school or still existed. Haven't seen SI since the swimsuit days in the 90s 🤣. Or is this like "ESPN Recruiting" using an old media name for something they hardly do?

Reactions: escapegoat2
The development of this position group over recent years has been critical to track on both Saturdays and Sundays, with an increased value at the tight end position for the H group. These versatile, move, flex types -- also known as Jokers -- are expanding within offensive schemes.

Has anyone else heard of "Jokers" for TE's? Is that a new term or am I just out of the loop?

SIAA's Edwin Weathersby wrote on Campbell, "Hailing from Georgia, yet committed to Tennessee, Campbell has ideal H-Tight End traits. He possesses some twitch and urgency in his releases both in-line and flexed out, and has plus long speed. Campbell can run deep overs, corners, inside verticals and also align on the perimeter to execute curls and comebacks, among other routes. He can even factor heavily in an offense’s screen package as well. As a blocker, the future Vol is more than willing to attack with solid punch accuracy and generates solid leg-churn post-contact to sustain. When studying Campbell on tape, it becomes easy to see how Tennessee offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and tight ends coach Joe Osovet would be excited to use him as a chess piece to scheme up attacks each week in Knoxville."

I especially like the sound of that last statement. Can't wait.

The development of this position group over recent years has been critical to track on both Saturdays and Sundays, with an increased value at the tight end position for the H group. These versatile, move, flex types -- also known as Jokers -- are expanding within offensive schemes.

Has anyone else heard of "Jokers" for TE's? Is that a new term or am I just out of the loop?
Gruden used the term on MNF several years ago and that was the first I heard of it.

Reactions: VetVol
Tight end is becoming a huge position in the nfl.I mean it always has but to have a guy that can block,catch and do it all is rare.Why I like Wolfe kid will turn the corner and level sumone to break his rb loose,same as this kid.See a lot of OJ Howard to his game but I hope he’s featured more.

Tight end is becoming a huge position in the nfl.I mean it always has but to have a guy that can block,catch and do it all is rare.Why I like Wolfe kid will turn the corner and level sumone to break his rb loose,same as this kid.See a lot of OJ Howard to his game but I hope he’s featured more.
One thing for sure is that we’ll have plenty of weapons for the next few years.

SIAA's Edwin Weathersby wrote on Campbell, "Hailing from Georgia, yet committed to Tennessee, Campbell has ideal H-Tight End traits. He possesses some twitch and urgency in his releases both in-line and flexed out, and has plus long speed. Campbell can run deep overs, corners, inside verticals and also align on the perimeter to execute curls and comebacks, among other routes. He can even factor heavily in an offense’s screen package as well. As a blocker, the future Vol is more than willing to attack with solid punch accuracy and generates solid leg-churn post-contact to sustain. When studying Campbell on tape, it becomes easy to see how Tennessee offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and tight ends coach Joe Osovet would be excited to use him as a chess piece to scheme up attacks each week in Knoxville."

I especially like the sound of that last statement. Can't wait.
Love your avatar. I’m a huge animal lover.

Its a card game reference where Jokers are wild, meaning you can play them in a number of different ways. As far as TE's go, they can be another OT type blocker, traditional TE seam route runner, split out and be a mismatch on a smaller DB, move into the back field and be a running back or swing or wheel route pass receiver; OC's are still coming up with new ways to use them. When the term started I don't know, been around a few years.

Reactions: VetVol

VN Store

Back