'20 GA CB Kamar Wilcoxson (Florida commit x3)

How are rising high school seniors being able to go to college without taking any senior courses? At some point, if it's not already happening, more and more schools will start this. Why doesn't UT get Lewis and Brooks to go ahead and enroll?
Are they that good as students? I'd say very few are that good and planned ahead. Plus it takes up a year of eligibility in a year you are verry unlikely to play at 17, anyway. I do remember Kamar was supposed to be a top student. Doubt he plays this year.

Are they that good as students? I'd say very few are that good and planned ahead. Plus it takes up a year of eligibility in a year you are verry unlikely to play at 17, anyway. I do remember Kamar was supposed to be a top student. Doubt he plays this year.
But, for those kids with above average talent and WAY above average egos, it gets them a year closer to the NFL.

Reactions: Devo182
You're not going to believe this, but Kamar Wilcoxson just made a decision without really thinking it through.
Yeah, really weird he announced he is reclassifying at the same time you have other players on social media with negative comments. Seems like he just wants people to stop asking if he is going to decommit again.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
If this dude ends up being really good this year it's going to bug me

I wasn't excited about him when he did commit.

People jumped on me for it. Surprise surprise right?

Decommitments and recommitments aside.
He's a tweener. He's a big slow CB. He's not very physical player. Good athletic ability...but extremely overhyped.

Maybe he becomes a solid Free Safety.

If this dude ends up being really good this year it's going to bug me

I don’t see much of an opening for him this year, unless some really established, proven SEC players are going to sit. Marco Wilson and Kaiir Elam are set at CB, both with multiple career starts, and solid backups behind them in Chester Kimbrough and Jaylen Hill. At NB, they have Trey Dean and Amari Burney, both struggled at times last year (Dean due to NB being a new position, Burney due to nagging injuries). So maybe this is the one spot where Kamar can earn some playing time? At safety, UF has 3 multi-year starters in Sean Davis, Donovan Stiner and Brad Stewart. All three have a ton of huge plays in huge games, so I don’t see safety as a possibility.

I don’t see much of an opening for him this year, unless some really established, proven SEC players are going to sit. Marco Wilson and Kaiir Elam are set at CB, both with multiple career starts, and solid backups behind them in Chester Kimbrough and Jaylen Hill. At NB, they have Trey Dean and Amari Burney, both struggled at times last year (Dean due to NB being a new position, Burney due to nagging injuries). So maybe this is the one spot where Kamar can earn some playing time? At safety, UF has 3 multi-year starters in Sean Davis, Donovan Stiner and Brad Stewart. All three have a ton of huge plays in huge games, so I don’t see safety as a possibility.
They are opting out. Which is why Kamar jumped the line.

They are opting out. Which is why Kamar jumped the line.

Haven’t heard of any DB’s opting out. And I doubt you’ll see the two attention-starved WR’s opt out when they realize what’s ready to take their place.

But as far as DB, who’s opting out?

They grow on trees in Florida. DBU.
No it’s a DB state. DBU is between LSU and Alabama personally. Really good DB’s have come from Florida but I’ve always associated the D-line with Florida, similar to Auburn. Passing over Florida isn’t as hard as trying to win running on Florida.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
You now lsu? Your most recent guys, Teez Tabor is an FA and VH3 has been waived, signed, waived, who knows.
DBU 🤣🤣🤣🤣😃

Those are your Florida DB examples? 😂

You missed:
Reggie Nelson
Joe Haden
Marcus Maye
Marcel Harris
Keanu Neal
Brian Poole
Quincy Wilson
Duke Dawson
Quentin Dunbar
Jaylen Watkins
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
CJ Henderson

And I know I’m missing a few. But yes, LSU is in the discussion too.

Last edited:
Those are your Florida examples? 😂

You missed:
Reggie Nelson, current NFL leader career Int’s
Joe Haden
Marcus Maye
Marcel Harris
Keanu Neal
Brian Poole
Quincy Wilson
Duke Dawson
Quentin Dunbar
Jaylen Watkins
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
CJ Henderson

And I know I’m missing a few. But yes, LSU is in the discussion too.
I don't think Reggie Nelson is the NFL leader in career int's though. He had 38 which is good but not the most by far.

VN Store

Back