'21 TN K JT Carver (Tennessee Commit) (PWO)

This young man no doubt has a crazy strong leg! However, I want to see it during a game. The kick is one thing, but you also need the snap, hold and in the face of a rush.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
This young man no doubt has a crazy strong leg! However, I want to see it during a game. The kick is one thing, but you also need the snap, hold and in the face of a rush.
Don’t think the snap or hold will be a problem at at major d1 program

Reactions: Coach_Z
That’s the same sort of garbage that drove Pennington to Clemson last week.

...except it’s not. The kid and his family grew up in Knoxville. His dad’s an alum, longtime UT administrator & now President at UT-Martin. Sooo how is it “the same sort of garbage” again?

Reactions: volsfan_17
...except it’s not. The kid and his family grew up in Knoxville. His dad’s an alum, longtime UT administrator & now President at UT-Martin. Sooo how is it “the same sort of garbage” again?
I’m talking about the whole “he’s a lock to Tennessee” just because of his ties. Just because he’s learning from the Wilhoits. It’s just annoying that some already have it in their minds that most TN state recruits are already predisposed to go ahead and be penciled in. I agree with your statements & that’s very valuable information and very well could be what tips the scales. But I what I’m referring to is the notion that some go ahead and say there’s no way we don’t get him. That’s what I believe drove Pennington away from us. It’s just unfortunate is all.

I’m talking about the whole “he’s a lock to Tennessee” just because of his ties. Just because he’s learning from the Wilhoits. It’s just annoying that some already have it in their minds that most TN state recruits are already predisposed to go ahead and be penciled in. I agree with your statements & that’s very valuable information and very well could be what tips the scales. But I what I’m referring to is the notion that some go ahead and say there’s no way we don’t get him. That’s what I believe drove Pennington away from us. It’s just unfortunate is all.
It’s not sour grapes to state that if those around him and their ASSUMPTIONS made him disqualify a school? I don’t want him. He’ll get worse shenanigans as long as his career lasts. Need sturdier character in our program. That being said, I think you’re wrong and he had other reasons.

It’s not sour grapes to state that if those around him and their ASSUMPTIONS made him disqualify a school? I don’t want him. He’ll get worse shenanigans as long as his career lasts. Need sturdier character in our program. That being said, I think you’re wrong and he had other reasons.
I very well may be wrong, just sharing my thoughts on it. I was very disappointed to see him quiet for such a long period of time, then leave us out of his top schools, then heel turn into the Clemson cult. Just makes your stomach hurt.

I very well may be wrong, just sharing my thoughts on it. I was very disappointed to see him quiet for such a long period of time, then leave us out of his top schools, then heel turn into the Clemson cult. Just makes your stomach hurt.
Not interested in tricking anybody into signing on. Whatever his reasons were...he’s where he needs to be. On to the next one. Learned how to not bemoan the guy we didn’t get since Derric Evans...never just one player.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Not interested in tricking anybody into signing on. Whatever his reasons were...he’s where he needs to be. On to the next one. Learned how to not bemoan the guy we didn’t get since Derric Evans...never just one player.
I thought Evans was going to be a great one. What could've been.

I’m all for offering elite kickers scholarships. It’s the long snapper thing that I think is silly.
If we’re within the 40 yard line late in the fourth quarter against Georgia, I want everyone who touches the ball (kicker, holder, snapper) to have perfected their craft so much that they have earned a scholarship. Snapping, setting, and kicking a ball seems easier than the rest of the game, but it’s like golf, the slightest mistake can make a huge difference. I want the guy that was so good at his craft that many don’t even think about, that he attracted the eye of scouts and coaches.

If we’re within the 40 yard line late in the fourth quarter against Georgia, I want everyone who touches the ball (kicker, holder, snapper) to have perfected their craft so much that they have earned a scholarship. Snapping, setting, and kicking a ball seems easier than the rest of the game, but it’s like golf, the slightest mistake can make a huge difference. I want the guy that was so good at his craft that many don’t even think about, that he attracted the eye of scouts and coaches.

I agree. I just haven’t seen any evidence that scholarship long snappers are better than walk-ons who earn scholarships. Hell, Lovingood was supposed to be the best LS in the country and was an initial counter, but only snapped on punts. Medford snapped on FGs and PATs. I just don’t think it’s worth wasting an initial counter on a guy who isn’t better than what you can get as a PWO.

Reactions: lfvol

VN Store

Back