Kicking Vandy out of SEC???

The SEC needs to keep Vandy, they have a decent Baseball team and the wins they give us in football and basketball help us with post season. And if that is not enough, they provide an affordable venue for midstate UT fans to watch the Vols in person with a short walk from the car to the "stadium" (If you can call it that)

Last edited:
Kick out Vandy. Pick up UCF or bring back GA Tech.
(Clemson wouldn't leave, neither would UNC)
Redefine the regions to actually match geography.
Forget about Traditional rivalries.

EAST: Florida, Georgia, TN, SC, Ky, Auburn, and UCF/GT

WEST: Bammers, LSU, miss at, ole miss, TA&M, Mizzou, Arky

The SEC needs to keep Vandy, they have a decent Baseball team and the wins they give us in football and basketball help us with post season. And if that is not enough, they provide an affordable venue for midstate UT fans to watch the Vols in person with a short walk from the car to the "stadium" (If you can call it that)
Baseball is not a needle-mover - Vandy remaining in the SEC would have nothing to do with baseball.

I kind of feel bad for Mizzou (well, not really, because joining the SEC has been great for them financially). They were always kind of just thrown in as an afterthought. The school the SEC really wanted was A&M, and they needed another school to join to the divisions were even. They are such a better fit in the Big 12.

Kick out Vandy. Pick up UCF or bring back GA Tech.
(Clemson wouldn't leave, neither would UNC)
Redefine the regions to actually match geography.
Forget about Traditional rivalries.

EAST: Florida, Georgia, TN, SC, Ky, Auburn, and UCF/GT

WEST: Bammers, LSU, miss at, ole miss, TA&M, Mizzou, Arky
UCF doesn't own its own stadium so the SEC will say no to that...Besides they are a small market team who draws like 20000 to a game...GT left the SEC and doesn't draw flies either...UGA would never allow them to rejoin.

Is the market really that important anymore? The entire country watches the SEC
That’s not totally true. In most out of state markets, it takes a high end cable or streaming package for the network. And I don’t know that I buy that west coasters or midwesterners watch the sec anymore than southerners watch the PAC 12, Big Ten or Big XII. My theory there is based on all my military friends from everywhere

Last edited:
I would keep Mizou and ditch Texas for a team in the East. UNC, VT, or even West Virginia. A&M just doesn’t belong.

UCF doesn't own its own stadium so the SEC will say no to that...Besides they are a small market team who draws like 20000 to a game...GT left the SEC and doesn't draw flies either...UGA would never allow them to rejoin.
UCF doesn't own it's on-campus stadium? Wasn't aware of that.

UNC would never leave the ACC.

Nor would Clemson.

And OU wouldn’t unless you agreed to take Oklahoma State as well, which essentially halves the financial gains the conference would be getting from them.

From an economic standpoint, there is no legitimate rationale showing that MSU or Vandy is carrying their weight..

Neither brings a TV market or moves the needle nationally in football or basketball.

Drop Mizzou and Vandy, then add 4 teams to have two divisions of 8 teams.

VN Store

Back