charges against Middleton dismissed

Pretty sure you're incorrect. I'm not going to research it.
Yea, so check this out: Attorney Compensation | Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts. Hourly rates are limited to $40/hour in prep and $50/hour in court (but limited). By the way, there’s a cap for the total, and, even if the default cap is waived, there is usually another cap established by court order and getting paid depends on the pool of money available. Nevertheless, let’s pretend the default cap was waived without another cap and the pool of money was unlimited, the max rate is $50/hour. So, let’s take $50/hour for all work (even though most work would be billed at $40/hour as out of court time). To make $1,000,000, Isaacs would’ve had to spend 20,000 hours on the case. Seeing as how 2,000 hours is 40 hours per week multiplied by 50 weeks per year (and that’s healthy billing for an attorney since it requires far more than 40 hours a week in the office and also presuming he worked on no other cases), then it would’ve taken 10 years to bill $1MM at the max rate. None of that happened.
The State will provide some money for experts, but, again, it isn’t millions of dollars. There are expenses for the court (judge, DA, ADAs, personnel, etc.) that are mostly fixed costs. In actuality, the most expensive part is incarcerating the criminal, not any of the other involved matters. So, I leave it to you to evaluate the proper amount of what it costs to incarcerate to society, but don’t delude yourselves and others about the cost of defending an criminal defendant. It’s falsehoods like this that make it impossible for reasonable people to communicate effectively.

Yea, so check this out: Attorney Compensation | Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts. Hourly rates are limited to $40/hour in prep and $50/hour in court (but limited). By the way, there’s a cap for the total, and, even if the default cap is waived, there is usually another cap established by court order and getting paid depends on the pool of money available. Nevertheless, let’s pretend the default cap was waived without another cap and the pool of money was unlimited, the max rate is $50/hour. So, let’s take $50/hour for all work (even though most work would be billed at $40/hour as out of court time). To make $1,000,000, Isaacs would’ve had to spend 20,000 hours on the case. Seeing as how 2,000 hours is 40 hours per week multiplied by 50 weeks per year (and that’s healthy billing for an attorney since it requires far more than 40 hours a week in the office and also presuming he worked on no other cases), then it would’ve taken 10 years to bill $1MM at the max rate. None of that happened.
The State will provide some money for experts, but, again, it isn’t millions of dollars. There are expenses for the court (judge, DA, ADAs, personnel, etc.) that are mostly fixed costs. In actuality, the most expensive part is incarcerating the criminal, not any of the other involved matters. So, I leave it to you to evaluate the proper amount of what it costs to incarcerate to society, but don’t delude yourselves and others about the cost of defending an criminal defendant. It’s falsehoods like this that make it impossible for reasonable people to communicate effectively.
If this is true, it is impossible for an individual to be on equal footing with a prosecution which has unlimited resources. BTW, I don't remember Isaac's name being involved as the lead attorney. It was the old guy that had the biggest.reputation back in the day. I can't remember his name at the moment.

Edit - it was Moncier and the total official was $483000 in defense fees

Last edited:

VN Store

Back