'21 GA DT Marlin Dean

The Class of 2021 defensive lineman from Elbert County High School in Elberton, Ga., said the Vols are one of two teams that have been recruiting him hardest, along with South Carolina, since he decommitted from Georgia nearly two weeks ago, and he’s hoping to visit Tennessee again after the ongoing dead period for recruiting.

“Right now, at the very top, my top two that’s been recruiting me real hard is Tennessee and South Carolina,” said Dean, who’s ranked the No. 456 overall prospect and No. 28 defensive tackle in the 2021 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“It’s no love lost toward Georgia,” he said. “I still love their program and how they recruit their players. I just wanted to look at all my options before I choose whatever school I’m going to go to.

“They still talk to me as much as they did when I was committed.”

He said he’s still considering Georgia, too, adding that he “could see myself going back” there in the end.
-Callahan (247)

Giving out GITs when they have 10 commits? And appear to keep missing on big time targets?
View attachment 296707

Yeah, hard for me to believe he was a GIT when they don't need to make room yet. Unless they're convinced they get TID maybe? Or that it helps them get TID? I don't know, just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Yeah, hard for me to believe he was a GIT when they don't need to make room yet. Unless they're convinced they get TID maybe? Or that it helps them get TID? I don't know, just doesn't make sense.

If I were Georgia I wouldn’t say anything is a lock right now. They’re doing pretty bad on the trail and moves like keep showing up. I’d bet that he was offered a grey/blue decommited but if it changed he’d go back.

He's got 18 offers w/ 8 SEC offers. FSU, PSU offers. Maybe he's just not a Git. Damn Gazers how many will they run off. Must not trust Pruitt or the staff. Got some news for you, the recruiting services are way behind due to COVIS. Also there's not much difference between a 5.7 and a 5.8. Sometimes the 3 stars have something to prove while 4 stars don't.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back