Breaking: SEC Approves Conference Only Schedule - Season starts Sep 26

It's every conference for themselves now.

Absolutely; this completely forced the Big XII and ACC's hands, sadly, because there's no way that the ACC's "OOC played within state borders" caveat to their +1 would jive with the Big XII. The only OOC game I can see being played among the giant conferences at this point, unless the ACC and Big XII decide to play smaller schools, is Notre Dame vs. Navy.

So is Fla the 1st game or do they move one of the 2 added games ahead of them?? Jumping right out the gate with fla is pretty tough

Reactions: 08Vol
I'd rearrange the schedule making the first 6 weeks division games, then play the 2 scheduled West opponents, then the last 2 weeks are the pairs of East west matches. This makes more sense than trying to match open dates and whatever. JMO

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
It's every conference for themselves now.
Yeah, but I can't believe the ACC hadn't at least sent feelers out to the SEC about keeping those games.

This means all the cupcake games are gone across the board. A lot of smaller schools are going to be cancelling sports over the majors playing conference only.

Just curious on the decision making process here.

What would make this safer? Or is it just more controlled because every decision is under one governing body, the SEC.

VN Store

Back