Moving from Texas to TN

Actually just stirring the pot. So little going on, except riots, I wanted to give people something to get stirred up about. The Board has been so dull with no sports going on. East Tn is great actually. LOL
Hey no worries, I was actually gonna say that on a clear calm Friday or Saturday night it's very possible you could hear banjo's echoing thru the hollers.

If OR is that much better, Dallas must be dreadful. Most disgusting people in this area reside in Oak Ridge.

Also officially my address is Clinton, my backyard borders the town of Oak Ridge. So on my two acres and 3000 square foot house that cost less than the two bedroom 1800 sq ft house with a tiny lot in Dallas, I live pretty damn fine.

Also officially my address is Clinton, my backyard borders the town of Oak Ridge. So on my two acres and 3000 square foot house that cost less than the two bedroom 1800 sq ft house with a tiny lot in Dallas, I live pretty damn fine.

Yep. Austin is even worse. One of the main reasons we are moving to TN.

I am born and raised in TX, never lived anywhere else, and never thought I would want to live anywhere else. Until I realized how screwed property taxes are here. We pretty much got priced out of our old home due to property taxes. Half my mortage each month was taxes.

Between housing affordability, the brutal heat down here, and how much more beautiful TN is... we made the decision that we are finally leaving Texas.

I am born and raised in TX, never lived anywhere else, and never thought I would want to live anywhere else. Until I realized how screwed property taxes are here. We pretty much got priced out of our old home due to property taxes. Half my mortage each month was taxes.

Between housing affordability, the brutal heat down here, and how much more beautiful TN is... we made the decision that we are finally leaving Texas.

Hell, Texans and Tennesseans are just about blood kin.... Shout when you get moved.... I just might have a welcome gift for you, if you'd like some high-quality, non-taxed TN sipping whiskey.

Be Safe,

CH_V

The beautiful part is from Nashville and East. The more east the more beautifu, mountains. The elevation tends to go up the more east which means cooler temperatures.
You have to be very careful about schools. Both the system and individual schools within a system. You might search best schools in TN .
We've lived in these cities as adults.
From most liked to least:
Johnson City: good schools, cool weather, laid back, etsu. Kingsport is possibly even better. Both are decent size towns.
Chattanooga: A good small city. Which school is important.
Nashville: Excellent entertainment, not just country music.Better for young people these days.
Adjoining counties Williamson and Wilson are nice. Also Sumner county. Search schools.
Knoxville: We're Vol fans, nice people, just not what we hoped for. Proves you can't go home.
Cleveland: It's last, although we knew some nice people there. 30 miles from Chattanooga.

So, as it turns out, you don't live in Oak Ridge and don't need to feign offense.

Reactions: overseasorange2

Near Elza Gate?

Howdy from an Aggie,

We are looking to move from Texas to eastern TN. Parents had a cabin near Gatlinburg, and driving around between Knoxville and the NC border, we really love that part of TN.
My daugher attended an event at UT and loves the campus and wants to be a Volunteer now. :)

We are looking for a little bit of land to run a couple horses for the kids and a few small animals. We like the idea of living near a small-ish town, but with decent schools for the kids. So far we have been looking around the Greeneville, Rogersville, and Elizabethton areas.

If anyone has any recommendations for areas/towns to check out, as well as any general tips/information about moving to TN, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
When you decide to make the move, shoot me a notification and I give you an email address. Would be happy to out any way I can in the mortgage process.

Reactions: GamerAg
I’m thinking somewhere between Lenoir City/Loudon and Maryville. There’s great views, close to the city but not in it. Should be a decent amount of land there.

For views and land somewhere on the highway 411 run between Chattanooga and Knoxville but I’m not sure about schools in that stretch. It’s mostly rural with small towns and many small towns are plagued by meth and other drugs (this can be said of small towns everywhere unfortunately).

Well, we looked a bit around the Cookeville area, and all over east TN, and ended up finding our new home in Surgoinsville. A nice 4br home on 20 acres with a large barn and spring-fed pond. Moving up right after Christmas.
Can't wait to get up there!
Congratulations! Happy to help with the loan process if you aren’t already squared away.

Kingsport has a great school system but no land....maybe look around other spots in Sullivan county. South Holston lake area is nice. Lots of nice land around Greenville. Erwin might be nice as long as you are not bringing a pet elephant.

Realtors have told me that Johnson City is 10% to 20% more expense than other areas.

VN Store

Back