Moving to Tennessee

I’m seriously thinking about moving to Tennessee. I always thought it was pretty when I have visited. But, beyond everything else, the politics of the day make it feel like a safe landing spot.

i have an occupation where I can get a job anywhere.

is it better to be in East, Middle or West Tennessee?

positives and negatives?

thanks

The 3 parts of the state are quite different. West Tn is the pits, East is, well different. The only place to live is Middle Tennessee. Try Sumner and Williamson counties first. Williamson is full of rich folks, think Titans, Preds, rich musicians and rich business people with the accompanying attitudes. Williamson is supposed to have the best public schools if you have school aged children although Merrill Hyde Magnet School in Hendersonville is rated the best high school in the state. I moved to Sumner county 35 years ago and love it. Has houses on Old Hickory lake (Kelly Clarkson's is for sale for $7.5 million) and rural areas that are quite nice. Shelby County (Memphis) and Davidson (Nashville) are the only 2 counties to vote Dem in 2016. My subdivision is full of out of staters. Native Tennesseans, which we are, are considered unicorns.

Last edited:
The 3 parts of the state are quite different. West Tn is the pits, East is, well different, kinda has that "Deliverance" vibe. The only place to live is Middle Tennessee. Try Sumner and Williamson counties first. Williamson is full of rich folks, think Titans, Preds, rich musicians and rich business people with the accompanying attitudes. Williamson is supposed to have the best public schools if you have school aged children although Merrill Hyde Magnet School in Hendersonville is rated the best high school in the state. I moved to Sumner county 35 years ago and love it. Has houses on Old Hickory lake (Kelly Clarkson's is for sale for $7.5 million) and rural areas that are quite nice. Shelby County (Memphis) and Davidson (Nashville) are the only 2 counties to vote Dem in 2016. My subdivision is full of out of staters. Native Tennesseans, which we are, are considered unicorns.

You know you're posting on a Vols fan message board, right? Smh

Need I remind you that the KKK was started in Pulaski in Middle TN?

Middle Tennessee is great, but I don’t like Nashville personally. The “Greater” Nashville area is all good (e.g., Williamson, Sumner, Wilson). The Cumberland Plateau/Highland Rim also has great places to live if you know where to land.
East Tennessee is awesome too, but really wouldn’t want to live outside of Knox or Hamilton.

I’m seriously thinking about moving to Tennessee. I always thought it was pretty when I have visited. But, beyond everything else, the politics of the day make it feel like a safe landing spot.

positives and negatives?

thanks

If you want less Vols, move to West TN, but beware of the local Memphis fans that loathe the SEC and the hierarchy. For entertainment and things to do, move to Middle TN. For scenery, move to East TN.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
If you want less Vols, move to West TN, but beware of the local Memphis fans that loathe the SEC and the hierarchy.

True 'dat. Most ppl that went to Tiger High did so because they went to HS in Memphis. In my grad class of over 150, I was the only one who left.

If you want less Vols, move to West TN, but beware of the local Memphis fans that loathe the SEC and the hierarchy. For entertainment and things to do, move to Middle TN. For scenery, move to East TN.

I recommend that @99gator find a place to live in Orange(and Blue) Mound in Memphis.....

positives and negatives?

thanks
When you decide to head this way, let me know and I can get you squared away on the financing. If you’re looking in west or middle TN, I’d be happy refer a couple of real estate agents as well!

VN Store

Back