Knoxville Beer Board votes to simplify alcohol service at UT athletics events

Makes sense; on the off-chance fans are permitted to attend this fall, there was no way that they were going to allow merchants to sell beer poured into a big cup.

Reactions: tbh and Boca Vol
I was at a Spurs game in the old Hemisfair Arena in the early 80s when Mose Malone had to step over empty Pearl Light cans to shoot the game winning FTs at end of regulation. After than, beers were poured in a cup.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
In before the SEC puts out an edict on throwing can/bottles on the field (which I am sure is already in the rules but will be strictly stated now).
You know that some drunks can throw a full bear can a long way. No telling what will happen. Beer sales may be go back to no beer at all. I really see little difference in drinking a coke or a beer from a plastic cup.

You know that some drunks can throw a full bear can a long way. No telling what will happen. Beer sales may be go back to no beer at all. I really see little difference in drinking a coke or a beer from a plastic cup.

What if it never happens?

I mean, if you are going to play the "what if" game as the basis for your disagreement that beer be sold in the stadiums, then you have to evaluation all possibilities, right?

Maybe they should just go to selling pints of Jack Daniels...It's a way better disinfectant!

It'll put a whippin on that Kung Flu!

If they are smart, they will go to can only, and get rid of the burden of maintaining draft lines.

There weren't any draft lines at Neyland or TBA, it was all cans. The SEC and Beer Board required cans poured into cups when they approved the plans. I haven't heard that the SEC changed its rule, but it seems they have.

If you waited in line to pay $12 to $15 for a beer you aren’t throwing it. Trust me.

MLB and NFL have been selling beer in tall boy and bottle shaped cans for years. They just open it and hand it to you. No big deal.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel

VN Store

Back