Memphis trip -need advice

Germantown Commissary. Corky’s is fine too ...Try to get on the roof of the Peabody or the Bass Pro viewing deck (Pyramid). If you haven’t before.

All good. Great suggestions.

There's a café inside the museum where you can get reasonably priced sandwiches, salads, and snacks. Near the paddle boat area there is also a park where you can bring your own picnic or grill.

For a more formal dining experience head to nearby Harbor Town. Tugs is a family-friendly restaurant that serves local craft beer with great sunset views. On the roof of the River Inn of Harbor Town you can enjoy happy hour drinks and snacks while you watch the sky change colors. Cordelia's Market is a community grocery where you can pick up gourmet meats, cheeses, salads, even ice cream for a picnic alongside the Mississippi River.

You can get to Mud Island by taking a walk on the footbridge (located at 125 N. Front Street) or riding the monorail over the Mississippi river.

There used to be an upscale restaurant that had enormous views of the Mississippi. When you dined at night, the barges coming in would sound their warnings. The fog was so dense that all you could make out was the search lights of the incoming. Too many times, they came so close to the restaurant that peeps would leave. lol

I stay at Gold Strike when I go I get free rooms meals etc there . Pretty generous. They have excellent buffet there also at Atrium excellent. Be sure to check at desk for meals comps for play.? I got a host named Vikki Easterling maybe she can hook you up .Havent been gambling in a while but normally go to Indiana now . Also in Tunica Fitz excellent buffet Ken Muse. Maybe he can hook you up.Giid luck have fun.

Reactions: sonofUT62
I stay at Gold Strike when I go I get free rooms meals etc there . Pretty generous. They have excellent buffet there also at Atrium excellent. Be sure to check at desk for meals comps for play.? I got a host named Vikki Easterling maybe she can hook you up .Havent been gambling in a while but normally go to Indiana now . Also in Tunica Fitz excellent buffet Ken Muse. Maybe he can hook you up.Giid luck have fun.

Much obliged

Thinking of going to Memphis/Tunica for a weekend getaway soon. Haven’t been to Memphis in 20 years. Anyone with local knowledge have a bbq restaurant they like? It would also need to be in a safe neighborhood since I am taking wife. Thanks in advance.
did u already go?

Reactions: sonofUT62
also best italian is Pete and Sams. great atmosphere. not the nicest area but I've never had an issue. burnt down a few years ago but they rebuilt. been there since the 1940's. I'd recommend a lot more cool chit to do but COVID messed errybody up

Reactions: AWVOL and gordonr24
also best italian is Pete and Sams. great atmosphere. not the nicest area but I've never had an issue. burnt down a few years ago but they rebuilt. been there since the 1940's. I'd recommend a lot more cool chit to do but COVID messed errybody up

Caught on fire again a couple years ago and they were closed for 7 months. Pete and Sams and Ciao Bella are my favorite local Italian places in town.

Reactions: theFallGuy

VN Store

Back