Season Ticket Refunds

flowbe209

My family is not going to suffocate in a mask while watching a football game in the baking sun in September. UTAD better have a no questions asked refund policy when the official word comes out later this week. And none of this credit to apply to next year BS either. You can charge the card or bank account you can just as easily refund the card or bank account. The approach they take on refunds will be an obvious clue about the strength or lack there of in the financial situation.

My family is not going to suffocate in a mask while watching a football game in the baking sun in September. UTAD better have a no questions asked refund policy when the official word comes out later this week. And none of this credit to apply to next year BS either. You can charge the card or bank account you can just as easily refund the card or bank account. The approach they take on refunds will be an obvious clue about the strength or lack there of in the financial situation.
Coming in HOT with the 6th post!

Sorry to wreck your rage buzz but all that has already been posted to the web:

Season Tickets FAQ

1. If there is not a 2020 football season, will I receive a refund for my tickets and Tennessee Fund donation?
  • Yes. If that scenario plays out, you will have a few options. You may choose to:
    • donate the ticket payment and donation to the Tennessee Fund as tax-deductible contribution, or
    • have the ticket payment and donation carry over for the 2021 football season, or
    • receive a refund for the price of the tickets and your donation

They just need to announce something! 25%, 30%, or 100%....Mask or No mask... Full refunds or not, we’re a little over a month out from the scheduled start of the season. NFL teams are doing it, other schools are starting to do it. They have my money for 2020, but how they handle this will decide if they ever get it again. I also would rather cancel than go sit in a near empty stadium wearing a mask in the September sun. They are delaying the inevitable at this point.

Reactions: flowbe209

Season Tickets FAQ

1. If there is not a 2020 football season, will I receive a refund for my tickets and Tennessee Fund donation?

• Yes. If that scenario plays out, you will have a few options. You may choose to:
    • donate the ticket payment and donation to the Tennessee Fund as tax-deductible contribution, or
    • have the ticket payment and donation carry over for the 2021 football season, or

I’ve seen that too, but what about a mask requirement? If they require a mask and some don’t want to wear one will they get the option to cancel and get a refund?

Season Tickets FAQ

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Since Neyland won't be at 100% capacity, I would imagine that any season ticket holder whose purchase is honored would certainly have the option to receive a full refund (donation included) considering Tennessee would have absolutely no difficulty finding another taker for those tickets.

Whether or not seeking a refund would make more sense than selling those tickets on a secondary market is a fair question dependent upon your donation level and where your seats end up being assigned.

They just need to announce something! 25%, 30%, or 100%....Mask or No mask... Full refunds or not, we’re a little over a month out from the scheduled start of the season. NFL teams are doing it, other schools are starting to do it. They have my money for 2020, but how they handle this will decide if they ever get it again. I also would rather cancel than go sit in a near empty stadium wearing a mask in the September sun. They are delaying the inevitable at this point.
Well said.

I’ve seen that too, but what about a mask requirement? If they require a mask and some don’t want to wear one will they get the option to cancel and get a refund?
I suspect you can be certain masks will be required as it's also already been published in the university reopening plan students will be pretty much required to wear masks at all times on campus other than when in their dorm room.

Reactions: 08Vol and Bill4volz
I suspect you can be certain masks will be required as it's also already been published in the university reopening plan students will be pretty much required to wear masks at all times on campus other than when in their dorm room.

I’m pretty sure that they will be required too, but they need to make it official and give info on what canceling would look like for those like myself that have no interest in attending a game like that.

Either people are going to tough it out and wear a mask or they will not. Plus are the ushers and or cops going to enforce this SEC Big Orange mask mandate ?? Another issue is it's should going to be hard drinking those twelve dollar beers wearing that mask. Am willing to bet that there will be games played this year but only the true diehards will attend.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I’m pretty sure that they will be required too, but they need to make it official and give info on what canceling would look like for those like myself that have no interest in attending a game like that.
It's not entirely the university's decision either. The Knoxville County Board of Health can issue it's own mask order in spite of not having the legal authority to do so.

Either people are going to tough it out and wear a mask or they will not. Plus are the ushers an d or cops going to enforce this SEC Big Orange mask mandate ?? Another issue is it's should is going to be hard drinking those twelve dollar beers wearing that mask. Am willing to bet that there will be games played this year but only the true diehards will attend.

Very interesting point. I saw that Walt Disney World recently had to augment their food/beverage policy because people were walking around the park sans-mask with water or a pretzel since one isn't required to wear a mask while eating/drinking, which of course lead to designated socially-distanced food/beverage zones thus closing the "loophole" that allowed guests to walk around without a mask for periods of time.

I doubt that Tennessee is going to tell fans that they can't eat/drink in their seat, but this general idea seems to reinforce the notion of 25% maximum capacity in an effort to achieve some modicum of distancing in the stands and throughout the concourses. I would fully understand any major school saying "no thanks" to fans given the hoops through which they'll be jumping for minimized revenue.

Depending on how this plays out, you might want to go ahead and get some tickets and then try to sell them.

If you can’t get the refund or it jeopardizes future season tickets in the same seats(What section are you currently in?), or secondary ticket market sky rockets after all goes great and you have 4 of the 25,000 tickets instead of 4 of the 100,000 tickets, you might want to gamble with the money you are already willing to spend.

Typically that’s a bad idea, but this year, you never know what’s coming next.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Either people are going to tough it out and wear a mask or they will not. Plus are the ushers and or cops going to enforce this SEC Big Orange mask mandate ?? Another issue is it's should going to be hard drinking those twelve dollar beers wearing that mask. Am willing to bet that there will be games played this year but only the true diehards will attend.
Concessions stands probably won’t be open this year.

Reactions: 08Vol

UT is waiting on the state to let them know what their capacity can be. They're hoping to be able to move forward soon. Schools will not be making any announcements until the SEC gives its update on Friday the 31st.

UT has already announced that masks are mandatory in all public areas of campus. That includes Neyland Stadium.

If you're high enough on the donor list to be eligible for tickets but you don't want to attend because of the mask mandate, UT will happily allow someone else to buy your tickets. If it's 25% capacity, you can rest assured someone will want them.

Very interesting point. I saw that Walt Disney World recently had to augment their food/beverage policy because people were walking around the park sans-mask with water or a pretzel since one isn't required to wear a mask while eating/drinking, which of course lead to designated socially-distanced food/beverage zones thus closing the "loophole" that allowed guests to walk around without a mask for periods of time.

I doubt that Tennessee is going to tell fans that they can't eat/drink in their seat, but this general idea seems to reinforce the notion of 25% maximum capacity in an effort to achieve some modicum of distancing in the stands and throughout the concourses. I would fully understand any major school saying "no thanks" to fans given the hoops through which they'll be jumping for minimized revenue.

No school (or pro team) is making money on 25% capacity because of the fixed costs of opening the stadium. Anyone doing 25% is doing it for the PR benefits of being able to make SOME fans happy. I know of one SEC school that isn't planning on having fans because they'll lose money at 25% and they're concerned that fans outside the 25% will be more angry about not being included than they will be about having noone in the stands. We'll see.

VN Store

Back