Jordan Walker Welcome

Which would be about 1% off what Rutgers shot as a whole... LOL (yep we shot poorly too however I’m not downplaying the young lady). I don’t think anyone on that team hit over 4 in a game. So yes we welcome her one game as an indication of what CAN happen.

When I first saw the 29.9% I thought that you were saying that was Rutgers win record vs the LV but then I realized that would probably be too high 😂
Owwww......so mean.

Reactions: krichunaka
I see a possibility of Walker playing the 1 and Horston sliding into the two as an experiment as well.
I think she will get about 7-10 min per game starting off
Now I‘m really confused.

If Horston and Walker are splitting the PG minutes and Walker is going to play 7-10 minut3s that means that Horston will play the other 30-33 minutes as PG?

AND Horston will play some two guard? How many minutes will Horston play in a game?

Now I‘m really confused.

If Horston and Walker are splitting the PG minutes and Walker is going to play 7-10 minut3s that means that Horston will play the other 30-33 minutes as PG?

AND Horston will play some two guard? How many minutes will Horston play in a game?

There are often minutes where there is no PG on the floor and the ball is brought up by the SF or SG, especially early on when we play the cupcakes....I see this as a possibility, at least I would do it as a coach,,,knowing I have a PG coming in next year and a true PG at backup...But that is just me and how I coach////I want everyone fighting for positions...Noone is without competition at any point.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
There are often minutes where there is no PG on the floor and the ball is brought up by the SF or SG, especially early on when we play the cupcakes....I see this as a possibility, at least I would do it as a coach,,,knowing I have a PG coming in next year and a true PG at backup...But that is just me and how I coach////I want everyone fighting for positions...Noone is without competition at any point.
Having no point guard on the floor rarely happens. Last year PG was split between Massengil and Horston. I can’t remember many minutes if any where on of them wasn’t on the court.

I mean this with no disrespect intended, but I’m more interested in what you think Coach Harper will delegate minutes and not how you will do it.

How many minutes do you think Coach Harper will play Houston?

Having no point guard on the floor rarely happens. Last year PG was split between Massengil and Horston. I can’t remember many minutes if any where on of them wasn’t on the court.

I mean this with no disrespect intended, but I’m more interested in what you think Coach Harper will delegate minutes and not how you will do it.

How many minutes do you think Coach Harper will play Houston?

I'm thinking Horston will get 31 and Walker will get 13...which means that they would possibly be on the floor for 4 minutes together

If Horston continues to be the turnover prone player she was this past season, and there is a veteran pg available getting just a few minutes a game and not turning over the ball continuously, then Coach Kellies decision making capabilities at Tennessee could be in question...

We are all hoping and expecting Horston will have improved her turnover problems, but until it becomes a reality and not just a hope and prayer, it is still a cause for concern...

The number of minutes at the pg position will be determined by which player can handle the offense efficiently, without turning the ball over at the alarming pace as we experienced this past season...

Jordan Horston was 27 of 90 for 30%,,,so 2 percentage points isn't much of an upgrade at PG at all,If Jordan had taken 208 she would have made 62 at 30%...only four less than Walker made.

Kinda puts it in perspective,,,,Maybe Jordan should have shot 200+ threes
I'm fine with both players three point percentage it is their two point percentage that is causing concern. Any player that has at least a 45 percent efficiency on any shot attempt is acceptable. In the college game teams that shoot 45 percent from the field, make their free throws at 70 percent and get as many shot attempts as the opposing team usually win a large percentage of the time. Neither player needs anywhere near 200 attempts the only players that should shoot that many threes are players that shoot 37 percent or above.

I see a possibility of Walker playing the 1 and Horston sliding into the two as an experiment as well.
I think she will get about 7-10 min per game starting off
I can see that in year two when Davis is gone but think they will both share the point guard position next season. I could see Walker and Miles being the point guards with Burrell and Horston having starting roles at the two and three.

I'm pretty sure that Walker will only play point guard. Would you agree with that?

If that is the case, how many minutes would you say Walker will get? I doubt she transferred to Tennessee is she thought she was going to get limited minutes.
I see her taking the majority of Massengill's minutes not quite all but over two thirds of them.

Reactions: Bret178 and gule
I'm not being negative GT,,,Just give Jordan her due

Walker shot
38.5% (185-of-480) from the field,
31.7% (66-of-208) from three
60.8% (59-of-97) from the free-throw line

Horston shot
39.4% (127-of-322) from the field
30% (27-of-90) from three
59% (32-of-54) from the free throw line

very comparable!,,,less volume
They both have to be better two point shooters and free throw shooters. I can live with their three point percentage except 300 attempts would be totally unacceptable. I would say more like 100 per player.

As long as she plays hard, which JM wouldn't, I don't care how many minutes she gets. yomd (youropinionmaydiffer)

Reactions: Prophet1
I will say that in a close game I wouldn't want Horston or Walker in there if they can't shoot better at the free throw line than what they have done thus far in their careers. I would be more inclined to go with a player like Salary that shoots over 75 percent or Darby that shoots over 80 percent. If neither improves on their free throw shooting depending on how the freshmen progress think you could see both on the bench late in a game when you have a small lead and need to make free throws.

what were the Jordaniares ft % in hs?

Well done sir....And no, I don't mean how do you like your steak...Gule, you have now entered the realm of legendary...You have forever now nicknamed our two point guards as the Jordanaires....
maxresdefault.jpg

I can see that in year two when Davis is gone but think they will both share the point guard position next season. I could see Walker and Miles being the point guards with Burrell and Horston having starting roles at the two and three.
Is Walker a PG? Her stats look more like what you'd see from a SG. She was third in her team in assists, and had more turnovers than assists (82 tos vs 76 assts). I'd be surprised to see her starting, unless McCoy or Green aren't productive at the high post, and Burrell ends up having to play there instead of SG. However, I do think she would probably be the first guard off the bench and likely be leading the 2nd team along with KK .

Reactions: krichunaka
Is Walker a PG? Her stats look more like what you'd see from a SG. She was third in her team in assists, and had more turnovers than assists (82 tos vs 76 assts). I'd be surprised to see her starting, unless McCoy or Green aren't productive at the high post, and Burrell ends up having to play there instead of SG. However, I do think she would probably be the first guard off the bench and likely be leading the 2nd team along with KK .
She played point guard in high school haven't determined where she played at WMU. She has all the skills of a point guard great handle and very quick. 5'8" tall I think Kellie plans to use her as a change of pace at point guard for Horston. She had 65 steals which is more than any player on our team had last season.

VN Store

Back