Will Neyland be at 50% Capacity like Texas, or higher?

Kind of surprised that people would want to risk the possibility of contracting Covid and potentially spreading it to their family simply so they could see a damn football game.
What about going to the store? Going to the doctor? Going to the pharmacy? That's right Covid doesn't live in those places does it?

What about going to the store? Going to the doctor? Going to the pharmacy? That's right Covid doesn't live in those places does it?
& walmart & cosco & list goes on. People simply cannot think for theirselves anymore. I went to KY Kingdom last week. We all sweated all over place. Nothing was left undrentched in this heat & it was ok to be open. This world has absolutely no mind at all. 99% survival rate folks this is not a pandemic

Reactions: Codaman
Of course it does, don't be a goof ball. Which is why it's equally a risk. What was the point that you were trying to make?
That it doesn't matter if you go to a football game or to the grocery store you're gonna get exposed either way. So if you go to the grocery store do you stay away from your family members so they don't get it? I highly doubt it.

Now, if you choose to stay away after going to the store, thats fine, it's your choice. But if you go to a football game, just do the same thing. It would essentially be no different.

Reactions: strongtower
That it doesn't matter if you go to a football game or to the grocery store you're gonna get exposed either way. So if you go to the grocery store do you stay away from your family members so they don't get it? I highly doubt it.

Now, if you choose to stay away after going to the store, thats fine, it's your choice. But if you go to a football game, just do the same thing. It would essentially be no different.

Well you made the point for me, intelligent decision making minimizes risk.

Well you made the point for me, intelligent decision making minimizes risk.
Not sure how I'm making your point though. You're concerned that people would want to go to a game and risk it, when every day you go out in public to the store or for some other need, you're doing the same thing, you're taking that same risk. Do you and your fanily stay home every day of the week and never go out? If so, good for you. But not everyone can do that and survive.

Not sure how I'm making your point though. You're concerned that people would want to go to a game and risk it, when every day you go out in public to the store or for some other need, you're doing the same thing, you're taking that same risk. Do you and your fanily stay home every day of the week and never go out? If so, good for you. But not everyone can do that and survive.

You say "you're taking the same risk". But no, I'm not. Your thesis is based upon your predetermined assumption which is incorrect. And then you infer that the fact that "not everyone can do that and survive" is the same as taking an unnecessary risk by going to a football game for personal enjoyment.

You say "you're taking the same risk". But no, I'm not. Your thesis is based upon your predetermined assumption which is incorrect. And then you infer that the fact that "not everyone can do that and survive" is the same as taking an unnecessary risk by going to a football game for personal enjoyment.
If you're going in to public and getting exposed, how is that any different than going to a place of enjoyment and getting exposed? Are the covid germs stronger at the places of enjoyment or something? I'm just not following the point your trying to make. To me, if you are overly concerned with the virus, you would just take plenty of caution no matter where you go or what you do. If you go out to the store then you better stay away from family members the same way as if you go to the gym or something else that isn't a complete necessity.

Reactions: VolforFootball
If you're going in to public and getting exposed, how is that any different than going to a place of enjoyment and getting exposed? Are the covid germs stronger at the places of enjoyment or something? I'm just not following the point your trying to make. To me, if you are overly concerned with the virus, you would just take plenty of caution no matter where you go or what you do. If you go out to the store then you better stay away from family members the same way as if you go to the gym or something else that isn't a complete necessity.

Because I'm not.

And to your "point", your equating what for many is necessary (shopping for groceries to feed the family) to going to a football game. If you're missing this point or somehow still don't follow, then there's not much I can do for you.

Because I'm not.

And to your "point", your equating what for many is necessary (shopping for groceries to feed the family) to going to a football game. If you're missing this point or somehow still don't follow, then there's not much I can do for you.

Get your groceries delivered. It’s also ok to enjoy life. That’s the point your fear won’t let you comprehend

Reactions: CR-vol and Codaman
This whole concept is stupid. Do we really want a season where the stands are 50% filled? That would totally suck. And what happens when ONE SINGLE player tests positive? Every single kid on both teams would need to be quarantined for 14 days. For those in denial, this virus spreads quickly and easily. A contact sport like football, and it's all over everyone.

Cancel the season. Yes I know I suck for saying it, but it will likely need to be done. Pros can sequester themselves in a couple cities and remain in quarantine, while kids gotta go to class, so we should/could/might have the NFL.
Go watch Monty Python we watching football!

Because I'm not.

But you don't have to go in the store. You can order it online and have them bring it out to you. So why would they risk going into the store?

Also, nobody has answered this question I've posed yet and maybe you can.
You are saying that playing football is MORE risky.

I argue it is not because they will be monitored.

I also know for a fact through social media that every player I've seen has been partying and hanging out with family members. Or just hanging out with friends. Also some protesting. What makes you think that if they dont play football they will be safer? Will they suddenly cease all extracurricular activity?

Playing football INCENTIVISES them to social distance.

I mean several guys across the country had/have it because they havent locked themselves away from everybody.

Not a single player on that team is even remotely close to being high risk. Only 190 people between the ages of 15 and 24 have "died" from coronavirus. They are all either people who died and tested positive for covid, or they had serious health issues. And that's out of the millions in that age group who have had it. Yes we are at 4 million cases now, but the CDC thinks we could have anywhere from 6 to 24 times that amount. Which means there are virtually no risks.

They will be more protected from the virus if they play than if they dont. Because there will be an incentive for them to stay away from people. You think those young guys will just steer clear of everybody if they don't play? You think they've been hunkering down and not hanging out with friends and family all this time?

Get real.

There are multiple players on the Tennessee roster that have pre-existing conditions that make them, even as elite athletes, at risk of becoming seriously ill if they contract COVID-19. It’s one of the reasons why Tennessee has taken such incredible measures to ensure the health and safety of their players.

There are multiple players on the Tennessee roster that have pre-existing conditions that make them, even as elite athletes, at risk of becoming seriously ill if they contract COVID-19. It’s one of the reasons why Tennessee has taken such incredible measures to ensure the health and safety of their players.
Understand if you don't want to mention names, but I'm curious who else outside of Trey.

Understand if you don't want to mention names, but I'm curious who else outside of Trey.

Can’t/won’t mention names, but Tennessee (and most schools) has players with severe asthma, monitored heart conditions and sickle cell related issues. COVID could cause enough damage to end careers of even healthy players.

But you don't have to go in the store. You can order it online and have them bring it out to you. So why would they risk going into the store?

Also, nobody has answered this question I've posed yet and maybe you can.
You are saying that playing football is MORE risky.

I argue it is not because they will be monitored.

I also know for a fact through social media that every player I've seen has been partying and hanging out with family members. Or just hanging out with friends. Also some protesting. What makes you think that if they dont play football they will be safer? Will they suddenly cease all extracurricular activity?

Playing football INCENTIVISES them to social distance.

I mean several guys across the country had/have it because they havent locked themselves away from everybody.
No I didn’t. I said that driving to the game, which someone said was equally or more dangerous, combined with going to the game would be taking a double risk. Some people here have issues with reading comprehension.

Reactions: NashVol11
I'm putting my money on football, but with no fans. But also doubt we finish the "season".....whatever that turns out to be. This sucks!!!! GBO.

I'm betting on fans to some level. Some of those momma's have watched every game their "baby" has ever played, and not Covid is going to break that streak. Best guess, all season ticket holder who've paid in full will get to attend.

VN Store

Back