Will Neyland be at 50% Capacity like Texas, or higher?

Either we have at least 50 percent at all stadiums including Neyland or we just cancel the season. I don’t want to watch the games with no fans in the stands which of course negates your home advantage that we will need against Florida and Bama in Neyland.
Then just pretend it's canceled and don't watch it, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

NFL just announced that if games are played, masks will be required for fans. Expect the same for college football if games go forward. That should be fun for an afternoon game in September in the South.
Yup. Expect poor attendance for those boiling hot games. Even if only half attendance is allowed, expect much lower numbers in 90 degree weather.

This doesn’t work. This virus comes in waves, sometimes you have a fever sometimes you don’t.

Has not been the case with me and my wife. Temp of 100ish was our very first symptom. Had fever for a couple of days before other symptoms set it. A fever check will not get everyone who is covid positive but it will get the vast majority.

The most interesting/relevant development on which to keep an eye is that Clemson is going to be online only until at least September 21st. Given the uncharted waters and Clemson's steadfast commitment to a season, I'm not sure that this would preclude them from having a football season begin on September 5th but I would expect to see an announcement by Friday regarding Clemson's intentions to play a normal season or otherwise.

Has not been the case with me and my wife. Temp of 100ish was our very first symptom. Had fever for a couple of days before other symptoms set it. A fever check will not get everyone who is covid positive but it will get the vast majority.

This being America in the 21st century and all, they cannot require anyone to remove a burka or hajib so a forehead temperature gun won't work for everyone. Just trying to be fully woke here

I have a question to which you may know the answer, but I understand if that's not the case.

Pretend that Neyland capacity is capped at 25% and you let ~25k fans through the gates. Obviously, single game seats aren't going on the market and not all season ticket holders will be guaranteed/permitted seats.

For the season ticket holders who are granted their seats, is there anything in the pipe that would be preventing them from giving away their ticket/selling it on the secondary market? Essentially, is there a chance (for health and safety reasons) that a ticket would be expressly tied to its original owner and pre-designated (that remain in place for the whole season) guests?

They'll be digital tickets that can be transferred to anyone, so they will have the ability to be resold that way. They likely won't be the person's "regular" season tickets, the stadium will be re-ticketed digitally to socially distance in the seating area, like Bristol did last week.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
TSSAA decided high school games will be allowed fans the number depends on the schools. Temp checks and masks have to be worn by fans, band, cheerleaders etc
cheerleaders wearing masks ? hope they got loud voices and playing an instrument through a mask ? cant be done

They'll be digital tickets that can be transferred to anyone, so they will have the ability to be resold that way. They likely won't be the person's "regular" season tickets, the stadium will be re-ticketed digitally to socially distance in the seating area, like Bristol did last week.
When do you expect an announcement for the season ? What are are the chances for conf games only ?

TSSAA decided high school games will be allowed fans the number depends on the schools. Temp checks and masks have to be worn by fans, band, cheerleaders etc

High School administration will muck up whatever plan is made. I look back to the graduation ceremony last month where the graduates were carefully positioned 8 feet apart for safety while all the parents and relatives were jammed in to the bleachers, far way, for the entire service. Afterward it was total chaos with everyone jamming together in front of the school. My point is the event was ruined by social distancing but in reality there was no real social distancing. They just don't know how to think things through.

The athletes are going to sue the schools. Wait and see.

For what? The SEC has already stated that athletes are not compelled to play this fall due to COVID-19 concerns and will still have their scholarships honored. This is why I vehemently disagree with Emmert's stated opposition to liability waivers; you're already giving these kids every opportunity to avoid playing if they so choose, so you might as well cover your asses in the event of any garbage litigation.

For what? The SEC has already stated that athletes are not compelled to play this fall due to COVID-19 concerns and will still have their scholarships honored. This is why I vehemently disagree with Emmert's stated opposition to liability waivers; you're already giving these kids every opportunity to avoid playing if they so choose, so you might as well cover your asses in the event of any garbage litigation.

Wait. And. See. A kid or two that play will die of COVID this year- about half every team is obese and 80% are black, which have the highest risk of any group. Watch what happens when they broadcast that kid's funeral to all the non-sports people on CNN. These AD departments are wise in canceling the season, which will happen.

Reactions: clarencepeabody
High School administration will muck up whatever plan is made. I look back to the graduation ceremony last month where the graduates were carefully positioned 8 feet apart for safety while all the parents and relatives were jammed in to the bleachers, far way, for the entire service. Afterward it was total chaos with everyone jamming together in front of the school. My point is the event was ruined by social distancing but in reality there was no real social distancing. They just don't know how to think things through.

Beaurocrats are robots.

Wait. And. See. A kid or two that play will die of COVID this year- about half every team is obese and 80% are black, which have the highest risk of any group. Watch what happens when they broadcast that kid's funeral to all the non-sports people on CNN. These AD departments are wise in canceling the season, which will happen.

This has to be one of the most uninformed, borderline ignorant post that I've seen on here in a long time. And that says a lot.

Then you won't be at the game for long. And people removed from the stadium for any reason this year won't be eligible for future games this season.
Barring all persons without masks would seem to be a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act

Barring all persons without masks would seem to be a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act

You have to provide documentation to get an elevator pass and/or handicapped seating at the stadium. I promise you they're ready for the "I have a medical condition!" folks that is in full compliance with the ADA.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
This has to be one of the most uninformed, borderline ignorant post that I've seen on here in a long time. And that says a lot.
Then prove its ignorance. You have no evidence that any intervention that is being proposed will even work. It is a FACT that the football teams have considerable numbers of high risk populations, and you are completely and utterly ignorant to the litigious nature of the US legal system today. Additionally, in case you have been playing WoW for the past year, the amateur athlete is actually finding his voice, and will not be pushed around anymore by corporate interests. If they push this thing, yes there will be players die, and yes you will see lawsuits. The smartest thing to do is just call an end to this right now and wait on a vaccine/herd immunity to develop after the virus decimates our country this winter. Anything else is just fat, bloated money men sacrificing amateur kid's lives for their millions.

VN Store

Back