Will Neyland be at 50% Capacity like Texas, or higher?

Have all seats available to the fans that want to use them. Many fans could have already gotten over Covid by the time the season gets here.

If a fan was asymptomatic and was never tested they are in the clear and don’t even know it. If they can’t catch it again they can’t spread it again.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
I could easily see capacity increased as the season goes on, numbers drop and the medical community gets a better handle on things.

Not to be a smarta$$, but 25% seems somewhat ridiculous when the games will be played outdoors in 90 degree plus weather.

I agree, but I also see far more potential liability for UT from paying fans attending the game than from players and staff. I've been in the "overblown" group on liability with players and staff, but an outbreak among the general populace traced to Neyland could be bad news.

All that said, if numbers drop and things get better, I'll be surprised if attendance limits aren't relaxed as the season goes on.

I’m not trying to be smart, I appreciate your inside info.

Is the 25%, inside info or an educated speculation?

A little of both. I know some SEC schools have already arrived at either 25% or no fans. I’m not positive that Tennessee has made its decision.

As for your idea above of opening up and having all seats available, that’s not something UT is going to be allowed to do by state and local health officials. They have to submit a plan to public health officials for reduced capacity. If they submitted a plan of letting everybody in and making fans assume the risk, it would be rejected.

Not to be a smarta$$, but 25% seems somewhat ridiculous when the games will be played outdoors in 90 degree plus weather.

The information that schools and the conference are working off of as they make decisions shows that outdoor temperatures don’t have anything to do with spread, and is not greatly reduced by being outside as opposed to inside. True, there is no recirculation of air, but people standing and yelling still spreads droplets that can carry the virus easily. The models show a significant drop in exposure when the capacity is dropped from 50 to 25 percent.

The information that schools and the conference are working off of as they make decisions shows that outdoor temperatures don’t have anything to do with spread, and is not greatly reduced by being outside as opposed to inside. True, there is no recirculation of air, but people standing and yelling still spreads droplets that can carry the virus easily. The models show a significant drop in exposure when the capacity is dropped from 50 to 25 percent.

I have a question to which you may know the answer, but I understand if that's not the case.

Pretend that Neyland capacity is capped at 25% and you let ~25k fans through the gates. Obviously, single game seats aren't going on the market and not all season ticket holders will be guaranteed/permitted seats.

For the season ticket holders who are granted their seats, is there anything in the pipe that would be preventing them from giving away their ticket/selling it on the secondary market? Essentially, is there a chance (for health and safety reasons) that a ticket would be expressly tied to its original owner and pre-designated (that remain in place for the whole season) guests?

A little of both. I know some SEC schools have already arrived at either 25% or no fans. I’m not positive that Tennessee has made its decision.

As for your idea above of opening up and having all seats available, that’s not something UT is going to be allowed to do by state and local health officials. They have to submit a plan to public health officials for reduced capacity. If they submitted a plan of letting everybody in and making fans assume the risk, it would be rejected.

What's your thought, percentage-wise, that we (SEC) will even have college football this year

NFL just announced that if games are played, masks will be required for fans. Expect the same for college football if games go forward. That should be fun for an afternoon game in September in the South.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
TSSAA decided high school games will be allowed fans the number depends on the schools. Temp checks and masks have to be worn by fans, band, cheerleaders etc

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Not sure if people are delusional are insane. It’s like you guys have never been to Neyland. 100k seats in a stadium that should really seat 75k. What are you going to do when you have to go piss? Gotta climb over people. Also, who do you think is going to get the 25k tickets? Students have to have some. What level of donor will you have to be for the rest? 50k a year? 100k?

Reactions: knoxvol16
NFL just announced that if games are played, masks will be required for fans. Expect the same for college football if games go forward. That should be fun for an afternoon game in September in the South.

Can't wait to see the interaction in the stands between unmasked fans and the mask police :p

Reactions: knoxvol16
Either we have at least 50 percent at all stadiums including Neyland or we just cancel the season. I don’t want to watch the games with no fans in the stands which of course negates your home advantage that we will need against Florida and Bama in Neyland.

VN Store

Back