'21 TN PG Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee commit 08.14.20)

Multiple CB and Future Casts have been for Chandler in the last week. That doesnt happen unless people know something

Reactions: berryvol
I don't mind the wait, I think the players are talking amongst themselves enough. There's no need to have Chandler committed months before the others commit. It'd only be a public perception type of thing and I don't believe our UT staff worries too much about public perception of their recruiting. Chandler commits this/next week or a few months from now; I'd say the result of getting the other guys to commit with him won't ultimately be affected.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Multiple CB and Future Casts have been for Chandler in the last week. That doesnt happen unless people know something
There are some to pay attention to, and some to just ignore because they are just piggybacking off of more established and respected analysts without any real additional information to base their pick on.

I think the cat is out of the bag. Tennessee seems to be the likely pick, so it's more of matter of when, not if, but this is recruiting, so anything is possible.

There are some to pay attention to, and some to just ignore because they are just piggybacking off of more established and respected analysts without any real additional information to base their pick on.

I think the cat is out of the bag. Tennessee seems to be the likely pick, so it's more of matter of when, not if, but this is recruiting, so anything is possible.

Yes. Echoing Vols All Day's earlier post, overall this feels more like the waiting game we had with Jaden Springer's commitment last October. While anything is possible, it does feel like just a matter of when. I wonder if the NCAA's dead period is a factor. If I remember correctly, it currently lasts until the end of August (?). If they continue to extend it, it will be more difficult for recruits to take their on campus official visits.

Reactions: sport3500
I’m not sure what to believe. I’ve said in other posts that I feel like the dad is a pretty straight shooter, so I definitely believe it when VQ says the family hasn’t told anyone anything yet, but on the other hand so many predictions are coming out in TN’s favor, especially from guys who don’t just make predictions without first-hand knowledge of the choice. So who’s to say what is true and what isn’t at this point.
There is no way to know. It might be, at this point, that Chandler himself does not know. These guys make a living out of being first and getting it right, so they have a lot of skin in the game.

Reactions: sport3500
How pessimistic of you. There will be disappointment, sure, but there won't be an epic meltdown. We're swimming in uncharted waters now under Barnes and it's hard to fault him if he misses out on the #1 PG in the country to Duke or Kentucky.
It's not pessimistic. It's an opinion that it COULD happen, and it might.....or it might not.

It wouldn't be a huge coincidence. It would be taking innuendo and thought and formulating a best-guess response.

It wouldn't be a huge coincidence. It would be taking innuendo and thought and formulating a best-guess response.
Lol welll if UK, Duke, and Memphis writers, plus the basketball director of recruiting make their picks this past week, it’s going to be based on something more than just “oh well that guy did it so i will too”.

Lol welll if UK, Duke, and Memphis writers, plus the basketball director of recruiting make their picks this past week, it’s going to be based on something more than just “oh well that guy did it so i will too”.
I'd pay attention to what people like Jerry Meyer, Corey Evans, Andrew Slater, and Eric Bossi say. Those guys have track records of not just guessing or piggybacking on other people's info. They do the legwork and build relationships that pay off. All have put in a pick for Tennessee, so that speaks volumes.

I'd pay attention to what people like Jerry Meyer, Corey Evans, Andrew Slater, and Eric Bossi say. Those guys have track records of not just guessing or piggybacking on other people's info. They do the legwork and build relationships that pay off. All have put in a pick for Tennessee, so that speaks volumes.
Another to pick to watch out for is Evan Daniels. He usually doesn't place a pick until the actual commitment is about to happen or is pretty much a guarantee.

I need some good news this week, so Kennedy if you could please commit to us that would be great. Mookie Betts just signed a 10-Year extension with the Dodgers so I'm currently shoveling ice cream into my mouth while crying.

Give me something good, Kennedy. Please.

Reactions: goodtobegoad
Source: 2021's top ranked point guard Kennedy Chandler discusses the latest

Currently, the NCAA's dead period for recruiting runs through August 31st. However, coaches have speculated to Rivals.com that it could be until December or January before the NCAA allows them to host official visitors and that's potentially problematic for Chandler's timeline.

“I want to take my official visits, go to games and go to see the college coaches and speak to them in person," Chandler told Rivals.com. "I don’t want to do virtual visits over the computer. If I have to I will, but I would rather go to the school with my family. It would be tough for me without visits because I want to take my visits in the fall and go from there.”

Tennessee: “I have a good relationship with them, Coach (Kim) English and Rick Barnes. Ever since they offered me they have really enjoyed recruiting me so I have a great relationship with them.”

RIVALS' REACTION

Speaking with Chandler, a few things are pretty clear. He genuinely wants to keep his promise to his final five schools that he will visit each of them officially and that he doesn't want to have to wait any longer than he has to in order to make a decision.

In a perfect world, the NCAA's dead period gets lifted and Chandler can begin setting visits in September. However, the odds of that happening appear to be slim. Another month or two of a dead period may be something that Chandler could wait out, but he made it clear that if he can't start setting visits relatively soon then he would have to talk to his family about adjusting his plans.

Not taking visits wouldn't be perfect, but since Chandler has seen four of his five finalists he would still be able to make a pretty informed decision.

Currently, Tennessee is the favorite pick of those casting votes in the Rivals.com Futurecast and the Vols are certainly in good shape. However, Chandler himself would not tip his hand in regard to any leader.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
My whole point is that there isn't a coach at UT that would give preferential information to media members about a recruit. I'm not saying these guys don't have information, but coaches aren't going to risk their livelihood, a recruits confidence, and the potential detriment to the university to give out inside info.

VN Store

Back