Grocery Shopping During A Pandemic

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
I’m wondering what most of you are doing for your groceries?
Are you going into grocery stores, doing curbside pickup or having them delivered?
Share your experiences positive and negative.
Plus any tips that you can share with the rest of us.

For me I only do curbside pickup or have things delivered.
I’ve used Instacart for deliveries for Publix, Costco. The prices are higher than if I went into the store.
Recently I have been using Walmart a lot. For perishables I like the curbside pick up, it’s the same price as if I went into the store. Anything that’s not perishable I have delivered and the shipping is free if it’s over $35, that way I don’t have to lug it up myself.

Are you going into grocery stores, doing curbside pickup or having them delivered?

I’ve used Instacart for deliveries for Publix, Costco. The prices are higher than if I went into the store.
Recently I have been using Walmart a lot. For perishables I like the curbside pick up, it’s the same price as if I went into the store. Anything that’s not perishable I have delivered and the shipping is free if it’s over $35, that way I don’t have to lug it up myself.
why would you want some random person picking out your meat ?

No change either other than probably not go as often. Otherwise, i put on my mandated mask and I go into Walmart, Lowes, Costco and Publix. I shop for my father also. However, I will say as soon as i get in the car, I do heavy hand sanitizer, before i start the car or close the door.

No change either other than probably not go as often. Otherwise, i put on my mandated mask and I go into Walmart, Lowes, Costco and Publix. I shop for my father also. However, I will say as soon as i get in the car, I do heavy hand sanitizer, before i start the car or close the door.

Likewise. I did delivery and pickup for a couple months, but started running low in the things that were in short supply. Started going back to the stores cause certain items were not included. I know they were there cause I went a couple days later and went right to them. There were plenty and it appeared they had them for a while. I just don't trust "shoppers" to look for my items that might be hard to find. I carry PPE in both cars and am prepared. Went to Lowes today and bought a bathroom door to install.

Pickup is good for emergencies, but nothing beats in person shopping. I hate it, cause I have 4 of the criteria for hospitalization if I catch the Virus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VolGirl81
I haven't used delivery, only used curbside when the store was closed. Otherwise it's the same except not as often.

Reactions: Tin Man
Nothings really changed. Go when I need stuff. Didnt wear a mask, now theyre mandated in my area. If I go in and someone tells me to ill put one on other than that nope.

Not really changed much other than not as often. Have not tried the delivery or curbside pickup yet, but I know several that do and love it.

Reactions: joevol33 and MAD

Hey Mad... not sure if you have medical reasons not to go out but if you do.. hit me up and I would be happy to help you out since you're not far away. We have Publix, Winn-Dixie and Wally World all right by over by Bay Pines VA.

We generally make bigger store trips, less often. It's resulted in some more in depth meal planning. We also substitute ingredients, whenever possible, rather than going to the store for just a few things. It's actually a time/money saver. But, it's more work up front.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD and volwindy
Same as usual. Go inside and touch everything I see. Buy a couple of things.
Haha. Wife got pi$$ed and asked what I was doing when I "sampled" the cherries at Aldi yesterday. Said that had to be washed... took another and wiped it on sleeve. washed... BTW there were not priced by the pound so I was not stealing as she also suggested.

Haha. Wife got pi$$ed and asked what I was doing when I "sampled" the cherries at Aldi yesterday. Said that had to be washed... took another and wiped it on sleeve. washed... BTW there were not priced by the pound so I was not stealing as she also suggested.

I'm pretty sure shirt sleeves were invented for wiping.

Curbside pickup Walmart and Kroger's. We were doing it before this mess anyway. We place our order from the poolside. Pickup when we like. We looked at it from this perspective, we are making jobs for those people that the self check outs took away. Saves a ton of time and I don't have to deal with " others". If they are out of stock for an item they usually upgrade us to the next size,/brand at no at cost. For our fresh meat we do in store shopping at Food City and occasionally IGA.

Reactions: MAD and Go aeiou

VN Store

Back