Verizon Wireless MVNOs - Alternative Cell Phone Providers

VolNRaleighNC

Anybody with a Verizon MVNO and happy with plan, coverage, service? Straight Talk Wireless, Reach Mobile, etc.? Looking to get out of Verizon and cut my bill considerably. Currently reside in middle TN and current plan is 4 GB/month for 2 lines, definitely wouldn’t need more than 5 GB max.

Last edited:
Anybody with a Verizon MVNO and happy with plan, coverage, service? Straight Talk Wireless, Reach Mobile, etc.? Looking to get out of Verizon and cut my bill considerably. Currently reside in middle TN and current plan is 4 GB/month, definitely wouldn’t need more than 5 GB max.
Total wireless, coverage in US is the same.
We pay $63/monthly. Unlimited talk, text, 15 gig shared for 2 phones. No contract.
They keep raising the data amount.

Last edited:
Anybody with a Verizon MVNO and happy with plan, coverage, service? Straight Talk Wireless, Reach Mobile, etc.? Looking to get out of Verizon and cut my bill considerably. Currently reside in middle TN and current plan is 4 GB/month for 2 lines, definitely wouldn’t need more than 5 GB max.
spectrum or comcast

Total wireless, coverage in US is the same.
We pay $63/monthly. Unlimited talk, text, 15 gig shared for 2 phones. No contract.
They keep raising the data amount.
Thanks! Will definitely check them out. I’m paying twice that for 4 GB with Verizon. Redonkulous.

I know you said Verizon, but I use ATT prepaid for $300/year. 8gig/mo with rollover.

Verizon has new prepaid options. After 9 months it eventually gets down to $25/mo for 5g and $35 for 15g.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I know you said Verizon, but I use ATT prepaid for $300/year. 8gig/mo with rollover.

Verizon has new prepaid options. After 9 months it eventually gets down to $25/mo for 5g and $35 for 15g.

Are you in TN? I'm in Davidson County, and I had to walk out in the front yard some days to get coverage reception with ATT. I left 3 years ago so things might have changed.
Maps showing coverage areas are on their websites.

Last edited:
I'd been with Virgin and am getting passed around like a cheap date. Virgin went to Sprint. Sprint moved it to their Boost division. Boost is going to get moved over to Dish. Boost is a clown show. But I never could decipher the accents of the Virgin customer support people manning the lines out of India or wherever.

I'd been with Virgin and am getting passed around like a cheap date. Virgin went to Sprint. Sprint moved it to their Boost division. Boost is going to get moved over to Dish. Boost is a clown show. But I never could decipher the accents of the Virgin customer support people manning the lines out of India or wherever.

I'm getting older, and my hearing is getting worse. If I go to London it takes a day to understand their English. Those non-Americans in customer service .are a real problem for me. Using a phone doesn't help. I often think the difficulty is what management wants.

I'm getting older, and my hearing is getting worse. If I go to London it takes a day to understand their English. Those non-Americans in customer service .are a real problem for me. Using a phone doesn't help. I often think the difficulty is what management wants.
That's exactly what they want. It's the same reason automated systems are such a pain in the butt. They want to you get frustrated and give up or start using self service options online. I've worked for both Sprint and AT&T. They aren't shy about admitting that's what they're doing. It lets them reduced the number of customer service employees. Don't you just love cost cutting?

Check out Consumer Cellular. I had Verizon for years and paying way too much , and poor customer service last couple years in my experiences. They use AT&T towers which honestly I do not think are as good as Verizon, but works good enough for me.
They have good prices on cell phones. I had an Iphone5 and just wanted to upgrade, bought a 7 new for $200, wish I had bought the Iphone8 it was $300, but really the 7 is all I need.
American company and great customer service. Get a 5% discount with AARP. My unlimited calling and text is $28.50 month. You can call them and give them usage from your last bill and they will tell you what would cost with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNRaleighNC
Has anyone tried Visible? I believe they are on off-shoot of Verizon or use Verizon network? I have been with Verizon for years just because their coverage is great for our needs. I have had my eye on Visible but haven't heard from anyone who has used them. They have $40 unlimited plans, and then if you 2,3, or 4 people, the costs go down to $35, $30, and $25.

Has anyone tried Visible? I believe they are on off-shoot of Verizon or use Verizon network? I have been with Verizon for years just because their coverage is great for our needs. I have had my eye on Visible but haven't heard from anyone who has used them. They have $40 unlimited plans, and then if you 2,3, or 4 people, the costs go down to $35, $30, and $25.
They are a Verizon subsidiary who uses Verizon towers but their own (virtual) core. Like all MVNO and prepaid users, their users are prioritized behind postpaid users.

They are a Verizon subsidiary who uses Verizon towers but their own (virtual) core. Like all MVNO and prepaid users, their users are prioritized behind postpaid users.
I know what they are but was asking if anyone has used them? Have you? What has been your experience?

VN Store

Back