Coronavirus (No politics)

Masks go a long way to slowing it down. A lot of “responsible” adults out there refusing to be responsible.

In my informal observations, it was getting ridiculous the last couple of weeks with the no-mask people out and about. There are a lot more people wearing this week and more businesses around Knoxville are requiring masks. I wish we'd just wear the damn things now and then we can argue later if they're oppressive or not.

In my informal observations, it was getting ridiculous the last couple of weeks with the no-mask people out and about. There are a lot more people wearing this week and more businesses around Knoxville are requiring masks. I wish we'd just wear the damn things now and then we can argue later if they're oppressive or not.

No kidding. I don’t want to wear the damn thing either but i also dont want to roll back to Phase 1 or “Stay at home”.

No kidding. I don’t want to wear the damn thing either but i also dont want to roll back to Phase 1 or “Stay at home”.

I think that there's strong evidence that masks are effective. Places like Japan have been 100% compliant with masks and have far better statistics. Our resistors have likely ruined college sports until the pharma industry develops a solution.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I think that there's strong evidence that masks are effective. Places like Japan have been 100% compliant with masks and have far better statistics. Our resistors have likely ruined college sports until the pharma industry develops a solution.

Finebaum said yesterday that the chances of college football this fall are near nil unless something changes in the next week or two.
I just happened to see him while flipping channels.

Not enough people have it (do the math). Herd immunity is 10 or 20 years away.

It’s not as contagious as I thought. Just mediocre really. In fact, it’s a lot like 1918 in both that and death rate. It’s very comparable. I was wrong about the death rate too. People in 1918 had permanent immunity and the epidemic had 3 solid years.

Last edited:
An update we have been in Florida & Georgia for the past 3 days and no one has died yet...also a plug.. Wild Adventures in Valdosta isn't a bad way to spend a few hours.. basically it's a theme, zoo, and water park in one...had to wear a mask but we survived and they had comfort zones where you could take them off 20200710_105357.jpgIMG_20200710_155338_007.jpgIMG_20200710_101131_574.jpg

Last edited:

It’s not as contagious as I thought. Just mediocre really. In fact, it’s a lot like 1918 in both that and death rate. It’s very comparable. I was wrong about the death rate too. People in 1918 had permanent immunity and the epidemic had 3 solid years.

Uh, it is absolutely nothing like 1918 in terms of death rate.

Could you please clarify your position. There are some contradictory statements in your post, and I’m hoping you could flesh out what you think about the situation.

Not all bad news ..21k tests, 1.1k recoveries and death and hospitalized continue to fallView attachment 292207

I dont want to be a doom and gloomer but % positive is steadily going up. If people dont want to roll back to Phase 1 they better start taking it seriously again. Where a mask and encourage others to do so as well.

And it really doesnt matter if “you” think its a real threat or not. The people that have the authority to close businesses and cancel sports do. So nut up and do your part.

I dont want to be a doom and gloomer but % positive is steadily going up. If people dont want to roll back to Phase 1 they better start taking it seriously again. Where a mask and encourage others to do so as well.

And it really doesnt matter if “you” think its a real threat or not. The people that have the authority to close businesses and cancel sports do. So nut up and do your part.
When did I say I haven't done my part? I wear masks where required...I work from home and we home school and do online grocery shopping so you might want to back off your preaching.. Tennessee percent positive is at 6% that's about what it's always been 59k/994k tests

Last edited:
When did I say I haven't done my part? I wear masks where required...I work from home and we home school and do online grocery shopping so you might want to back off your preaching.. Tennessee percent positive is at 6% that's about what it's always been 59k/994k tests

I was speaking to the general “you”. Wasnt trying to call YOU out. It was really for others who frequent this thread that have rolled eyes since the beginning.

Positives were closer to 5% in late May/Early June.

Reactions: VolnJC

The week ending on July 4 had Shelby County at 14%. It had been 10% or below just weeks before that. Population centers are the key.

Reactions: VolnJC
Still going strong on our GA/FL road trip ...enduring temp checks, mask requirements, and really high heat but also living our lives and having fun IMG_20200710_192442_139.jpg20200710_144248.jpg
.. I did actually get to make my own salad for the 1st time since the lockdowns started IMG_20200711_121032_044.jpg

Actually, everything in your post is inaccurate.

Mask mandate goes into effect for Washington County tomorrow.

Children under 12 exempt.

700 new cases overnight in Shelby County, which shatters the high. However, there was a backlog of tests over a few days. The Shelby County HD is transparent with this info. Positivity rate is still above 14%, but death rate is still low because younger, healthier people are testing positive.

VN Store

Back