Trump bullies the CDC and schools

lawgator1

Trump trashes CDC school-reopening guidelines -- then CDC updates them - CNNPolitics

The ultimate in politics bullying science. Any physician or scientist with an ounce of backbone working at the CDC would march out tomorrow in protest. Trump's temper tantrums and deliberate indifference to the risk of more infection he creates with each of these actions is just astounding.

Regardless of where you come down on the issue, Trump should not override the scientific community, especially where lives are at stake, to suit his own ends. When we start burying teachers and kids and parents because the virus was caught at school, that is going to be one hell of an albatross around his neck.

Trump trashes CDC school-reopening guidelines -- then CDC updates them - CNNPolitics

The ultimate in politics bullying science. Any physician or scientist with an ounce of backbone working at the CDC would march out tomorrow in protest. Trump's temper tantrums and deliberate indifference to the risk of more infection he creates with each of these actions is just astounding.

Regardless of where you come down on the issue, Trump should not override the scientific community, especially where lives are at stake, to suit his own ends. When we start burying teachers and kids and parents because the virus was caught at school, that is going to be one hell of an albatross around his neck.

Tune out Fauci. Reopen the schools. Let’s also play football.

You are so lame.

Is there some magical force inside the school walls that make kids vulnerable to this all of a sudden?

Munch_The_Scream_detail_1600.jpg

Is the CDC a purely public health organization or does it have a political angle to it?

Tune out Fauci. Reopen the schools. Let’s also play football.
We certainly don't want you to get bored and frustrated

I'm all for playing football as well, BUT the minute 5 starters from either side of the ball of any team tests positive, all of a sudden an opponent is going to have an unfair competitive advantage because they were luckier with the virus. It's not the same as untimely injuries

We certainly don't want you to get bored and frustrated

I'm all for playing football as well, BUT the minute 5 starters from either side of the ball of any team tests positive, all of a sudden an opponent is going to have an unfair competitive advantage because they were luckier with the virus. It's not the same as untimely injuries

My school days are done. And to your second point, it’s not much different from when a team has a flu outbreak or stomach bug. It happens.

Schools should be open and I know I'm sending mine. Kids aren't getting this. Kids aren't transmitting this to others

This is the exact opposite of what Cuomo did that cost thousands of lives and the left cheered him

I actually think you could have a locale that examines their own situation and comes up with a way to balance the risks such that they could offer brick and mortar school hours, albeit perhaps modified in some way.

What bothers me is that Trump sends out a tweet disavowing the CDC on the issue, demands all schools be open, regardless of circumstances, and threatens to cut off federal aid if they dare defy him.

I honestly do not understand how anyone could possibly defend that.

VN Store

Back