Mike Gundy facing backlash

Taking a sabbatical would be awesome seeing how big his bank account I’m sure is.

Forget all this crap, I would keep my paycheck and shaft them as close to the season start as I could.

Reactions: Dudleys87
Someone would absolutely hire him because they too would see how ridiculous this is.

A potential employer may agree with, or at least understand, Gundy's perspective. But every college football program depends on the cooperation of black athletes who might not. So no, he's not getting hired until the climate is a little less fraught.

Reactions: Boca Vol
A potential employer may agree with, or at least understand, Gundy's perspective. But every college football program depends on the cooperation of black athletes who might not. So no, he's not getting hired until the climate is a little less fraught.

But everything between Gundy and the player was said to be good now so why the review? Simply put OSU got pressured and they caved.

I’m sure Gundy has enough $$ to walk away and be happy.

But everything between Gundy and the player was said to be good now so why the review? Simply put OSU got pressured and they caved.

I’m sure Gundy has enough $$ to walk away and be happy.

If OSU really believed that everything Gundy and his players was hunky dory, they wouldn't have taken this step. Gundy still has a lot of work ahead to win back his team.

If OSU really believed that everything Gundy and his players was hunky dory, they wouldn't have taken this step. Gundy still has a lot of work ahead to win back his team.

Which is exactly why he should have walked away. If they made him publicly apologize and that’s not enough then what is?

They know they’ve got Gundy over the fence post and every little thing he does someone is gonna piss and moan.

being offended by a t shirt is the same thing as being offended by a cartoon dog.

And btw the way I love how your trying to take the stance that you’d willingly take that pay cut 😂

Wearing a t-shirt is obscene but being over paid by 4 million doesn't raise an eyebrow? Its a new world! None of these coaches deserve the kind of money they are making. It's time to tear the whole thing down and start over. Pick the players from the student body and whoever teaches PE can be the coach.

Reactions: onevol74
And btw the way I love how your trying to take the stance that you’d willingly take that pay cut 😂

I don't believe he took it willingly. He didn't have to take it, but the other option was to quit and be out of coaching for a stretch of time. That's about as "willing" as handing over your wallet to a guy holding you at gunpoint.

Reactions: ChattaVolMD
MSDNC jumped the shark long ago
CautiousIllustriousCobra-size_restricted.gif

They've started a new Russia Russia Russia and the NYTimes is now even backing off from their exclusive one sourced anonymous revelation to the world bombshell again as there is zero corroborating evidence, just a rumor on a battlefield. If you're ever been on a battelfield you understand how correct Rumor Control is at predicting future events.

Reactions: onevol74
I don't believe he took it willingly. He didn't have to take it, but the other option was to quit and be out of coaching for a stretch of time. That's about as "willing" as handing over your wallet to a guy holding you at gunpoint.

By report, he suggested the changes. I read this as him asking (begging) what can I do financially to keep my job.

Reactions: Pacer92
Mike Gundy could have stood at the 50 yard line with a microphone and told Donald Trump to "Suck his d***!" and there would have been zero repercussions. (See Poppovich)

This is some scary George Orwell ****. A 19 year old kid just docked your pay by $1M for wearing the wrong t-shirt. He may get fined again if he doesn't march in the right parade or wear the right ribbon.

🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: brandonco05
They've started a new Russia Russia Russia and the NYTimes is now even backing off from their exclusive one sourced anonymous revelation to the world bombshell again as there is zero corroborating evidence, just a rumor on a battlefield. If you're ever been on a battelfield you understand how correct Rumor Control is at predicting future events.
Guess we’ ll see huh?

Who knows how badly he’s leveraged financially. Some millionaires can’t afford to stop working.
That's a great point. Lots of people make assumptions that because they have a lot of cash consistently coming in the door means that they have a large pile of cash in the bank, or otherwise have a large net worth. There is a big difference, IMO, between having a high income and being rich. Many folks with high incomes aren't rich at all.

VN Store

Back