Nike Reported A $790m Loss For 1st Qtr

Nike has decided to stop using cotton in all of their products due to the negative connotations of its association with slavery.

Thank you for that. It never occurred to me that COVID played a roll. I guess I assumed most people would use a little deductive reasoning...like considering that the article was posted on Nike because of the extraordinary loss they are taking compared to the loss of their competitors like Under Armour....or does Nike customers get more corona that Under Armour customers? :rolleyes: Keep getting triggered though!

I can assure you, I'm not triggered. Just trying to clarify the facts vs the economic narrative you tried to paint.

Your deductive reasoning regarding UA is flawed but fixable. Under Armour is dying and eroding investor value as a result - especially relative to Nike. They are waaaay off their market high in September 2015 vs Nike's market high of January 2020. They backed out of a deal with MLB a couple of years ago and now are trying to back out of University deals in California.

You would be a lot poorer today having invested in UAA vs NKE when the CK stuff was going down in 2018, regardless of COVID influence.

The fall of Under Armour

I can assure you, I'm not triggered. Just trying to clarify the facts vs the economic narrative you tried to paint.

Your deductive reasoning regarding UA is flawed but fixable. Under Armour is dying and eroding investor value as a result - especially relative to Nike. They are waaaay off their market high in September 2015 vs Nike's market high of January 2020. They backed out of a deal with MLB a couple of years ago and now are trying to back out of University deals in California.

You would be a lot poorer today having invested in UAA vs NKE when the CK stuff was going down in 2018, regardless of COVID influence.

The fall of Under Armour

What if you invested in Nike back in 1988? šŸ˜Ž

The fall of Under Armour
Under Armour struggles over the period in the article stemming from the accounting investigation. Nike's US market sales are down 46% compared to 23% from UA. The thing protected Nike is their strong China market sales...don't think the Chinese care much about who kneels for what during a NFL football game.

Under Armour struggles over the period in the article stemming from the accounting investigation. Nike's US market sales are down 46% compared to 23% from UA. The thing protected Nike is their strong China market sales...don't think the Chinese care much about who kneels for what during a NFL football game.
Iā€™m pretty sure said quarterback who gets paid by Nike would be sentenced to multiple years hard labor camp for kneeling during the Chinese Anthem on a world stage if he were a ā€œcitizenā€ of China. Good to remember weā€™re the ones who suck this week.

Edit: I think China cares a great deal who takes a knee for our National Anthem. Itā€™s a very dividing subject in our country. Anything that creates angst and division among our culture is something Iā€™m sure they are reveling in. Right now is an amazing propaganda tool to use against us and Iā€™m sure they are doing everything that they can to influence more division and chaos in our free society.

Last edited:
Iā€™m pretty sure said quarterback who gets paid by Nike would be sentenced to multiple years hard labor camp for kneeling during the Chinese Anthem on a world stage if he were a ā€œcitizenā€ of China. Good to remember weā€™re the ones who suck this week.

Edit: I think China cares a great deal who takes a knee for our National Anthem. Itā€™s a very dividing subject in our country. Anything that creates angst and division among our culture is something Iā€™m sure they are reveling in. Right now is an amazing propaganda tool to use against us and Iā€™m sure they are doing everything that they can to influence more division and chaos in our free society.
There is another very prominent figure who dwells in angst and social division...it ainā€™t Kapernick ... Iā€™m sure the Chinese love having him in their pocket as well...couldnā€™t have found a better asset....

Reactions: GoVols15

VN Store

Back