Knox County Passes Mandatory Indoor Face Masks

"The order goes into effect Friday and lasts until the board votes to rescind it. Violating it is classified as a Class C misdemeanor, punishable under state law by up to 30 days in jail and a $50 fine."

Knox County Board of Health passes face mask mandate
Part of me wonders if that’s why Fulmer has been so persistent about Neyland being at full capacity. I’m sure he got the heads up on this somehow or another before it leaked.

Part of me wonders if that’s why Fulmer has been so persistent about Neyland being at full capacity. I’m sure he got the heads up on this somehow or another before it leaked.

I don't even know if it applies to the stadium. Technically the stadium is outdoors. I doubt Fulmer even knew they'd pass this before he released his comments.

Reactions: Remy and spyfish007

The University announced weeks ago that masks will be required for students and visitors to all campus buildings and public areas in the fall. That will certainly extend to Neyland.

I don't even know if it applies to the stadium. Technically the stadium is outdoors. I doubt Fulmer even knew they'd pass this before he released his comments.
That’s true. Didn’t think to look at it that way. Was just thinking in terms of the whole social distancing thing. I just hope we have football this season one way or the other.

The University announced weeks ago that masks will be required for students and visitors to all campus buildings and public areas in the fall. That will certainly extend to Neyland.
Wasn’t aware of that. Thanks @DeerPark12. That explains a lot. I myself think that’s a good call. The masks are a minor inconvenience but worth it IMO

The county’s order may or may not apply, but the University’s mask policy was written to include the outdoor stadiums by adding “all public areas”

I don’t know if Fulmer has any advance knowledge of the Knox County situation, but Governor Lee’s legal team has been working on a state mandate for a couple of weeks.

The county’s order may or may not apply, but the University’s mask policy was written to include the outdoor stadiums by adding “all public areas”

I don’t know if Fulmer has any advance knowledge of the Knox County situation, but Governor Lee’s legal team has been working on a state mandate for a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I saw your previous post above, that's good. I'm wondering what will be the details of the state mandate. Right now with regard to Knox County public schools(not universities) there is no mandate for students to wear masks. I can only assume that will change the closer we get to the school year.

"Message from the Sheriff:
There are serious questions as to the constitutionality of the order made by the health board. My Deputies are sworn to support and defend the constitution. We will rely on the citizens of this community to protect themselves and others in the manner they find appropriate."

Sheriff Spangler’s Response to the COVID-19 mask regulation order.

"Message from the Sheriff:
There are serious questions as to the constitutionality of the order made by the health board. My Deputies are sworn to support and defend the constitution. We will rely on the citizens of this community to protect themselves and others in the manner they find appropriate."

Sheriff Spangler’s Response to the COVID-19 mask regulation order.
The Sheriff is the only one with any common sense. These left wing authoritarians are power hungry mad. There is no due process of law. These people forget they work for us.
Bote them out. This should be a voluntary thing.Who the hell do they think they are
threatening people with a class c misdemeanor even the sheriff sounds like he doesn't going to enforce this edict.

"The order goes into effect Friday and lasts until the board votes to rescind it. Violating it is classified as a Class C misdemeanor, punishable under state law by up to 30 days in jail and a $50 fine."

Knox County Board of Health passes face mask mandate

Token gesture. Unenforceable.

It exempts the under 12s and anyone with a health condition. That seems vague. Thus I doubt any store is going to want to engage in disputes with a customer whether they are exempt or not.

The Sheriff is the only one with any common sense. These left wing authoritarians are power hungry mad. There is no due process of law. These people forget they work for us.
Bote them out. This should be a voluntary thing.Who the hell do they think they are
threatening people with a class c misdemeanor even the sheriff sounds like he doesn't going to enforce this edict.
What about stop signs, speed limits, building codes, seat belts, air bags, ingredient labels on groceries, OSHA regulations to protect us at work, requirements for doctors & engineers to take training and prove they know what they're doing? Should we eliminate all of those things? Are those things left wing and authoritarian?

The athletic department generates I don't even know how much revenue from people putting money in scholarship funds before they can even buy their season tickets. Those people all expect to be able to put their butts in a seat. I think pretty much the only thing the AD is going to say is "we want every last one of you here". They'll have to comply with whatever guidelines are in place, but the correct thing for them to be saying is "we love you all and we want a full stadium but our hands are tied here". You don't lead with "we're not sure, so we're planning on contingencies where you all are not here" even if you're doing exactly that.

“Left wing authoritarians”? We’re talking about Knox County, TN. Literally every politician currently in local office is a Republican.

Nashville TV news reported this morning (7-2) that the governor stated there would be no statewide mask requirement.

“Left wing authoritarians”? We’re talking about Knox County, TN. Literally every politician currently in local office is a Republican.
Article clearly states this order is from the board of health which is primarily not comprised of politicians.

"The Knox County Board of Health voted Wednesday to approve a public health order requiring most people to wear face coverings in public.."

"The board, which is composed of six medical professionals from various fields, a Knox County Schools representative and Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs, voted 7-1 to approve the public health order. Only Jacobs voted no."

"The medical professionals voted to pass the order despite the near constant objections of Knox County Deputy Law Director Myers Morton, who called the order unconstitutional..."

How can a group almost entirely made up of unelected officials make what is essentially a law with a penalty of 30 days in jail?

Last edited:
It's only a matter of person freedom when it only affects you. When some mouth breathing yokel risks my health and the friends and family I come in contact with, then it's no longer person freedom.

It's not that hard to wear a mask. Don't be that douche.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back