I wonder what the players are thinking........

They're young and healthy. I'd say the percentage is high.

For their benefit and especially the older coaching staff , I hope they play in empty stadiums. That's If they do play, which I seriously doubt will happen

OIP.Trv2zBACQ7EZAniCRbCqKQAAAA

They want to play to help their draft stock. We could have half filled stadium and during the late fall is when fans shouldn't be allowed in the stadium and do TV only. This way everyone gets their money (which makes up alot or most of their revenue, especially for smaller programs).

Problem I see is the fact that sports rely on fans to make their money buying tickets, watching the games on TV and buying their Jerseys etc... But if the fans ain't working and making money then the teams aren't making money. I don't care about the contracts with TV stations cause last I checked they need to get paid from their customers.

Reactions: sport3500 and Zues1
People do your homework and look at the numbers. This virus is not the problem it's being made out to be. Play the season and get on with life. Do we shut the world down each year for the flu.. NO.. This has a lower death rate than the flu and much lower in young people. I'm sure the nannies on hear will blast me but wake up people you are being taken for a ride. If you don't want to got to a game then stay the hell home and let the rest of us live our lives. ENOUGH>

People do your homework and look at the numbers. This virus is not the problem it's being made out to be. Play the season and get on with life. Do we shut the world down each year for the flu.. NO.. This has a lower death rate than the flu and much lower in young people. I'm sure the nannies on hear will blast me but wake up people you are being taken for a ride. If you don't want to got to a game then stay the hell home and let the rest of us live our lives. ENOUGH>

agree 100%

I'm sure 100% of the student athletes want to play. But that's not the issue at hand. I'm hopeful a solution will be on it's way soon, but with states starting to shutdown again and universities like Georgia having huge spikes of positive tests, it seems like wishful thinking, at best, that a football season happens this year. And basketball. Which is truly a shame. As our basketball team was going to be ELITE this year.

Hopefully this is a positive. The NBA is going forward with their season at Disney's Wide World of Sports. They have about 10 deputies a day working security details there for the next couple weeks during practice time. Unfortuanately they are hiring us to make sure that no fans or outsiders try and come into the sports complex, but still they are prepping to play. AND, the NBA has teamed up with Aurora jewlers and teams/players can opt in to get a ring (essentially its a mood ring for lack of a better term) that they can wear when not playing to help monitor their temperature for any a-symptomatic issues. Not saying college football will be a definite GO, but to me NBA is hopefully setting the groundwork for other sports. NBA playoffs are supposed to start here at the end of the month.

Reactions: tbh and VolLFN
Just yesterday I saw a report of a new strain of H1N1 (swine flu) that has the potential to become a pandemic. It's point of origin? Wuhan, China. Does this seem like too much of a coincidence?

If the season is canceled then so is college sports as we know it. Schools will lose millions. Eligibility will be a nightmare for NCAA. The whole system will fall apart. Wake up and stop being lead around like a sheep by the politicians trying to seize power. If you want a world without sports then let it happen because it will destroy more than college sports. Law suits will run rapid and it will all collapse.

The shutdowns and hype is all politics. The media and one party wants to shutdown the economy to get power. Football and all sports need to be played with fans in the stadiums and arenas. People need a life, diversions and purpose to stay healthy even if a few catch a flu like bug and get well in a week. It's not selfish to want to watch football or any sport. We can protect the vulnerable and the vulnerable can protect themselves. The "experts" have been massively wrong from the beginning. Our spring and summer sports along with our lives were shut down because of their agendas. It's OK to loot and riot but not OK to go to church or play baseball. That's one way to tell this is all political. Let's play some ball.

The shutdowns and hype is all politics. The media and one party wants to shutdown the economy to get power. Football and all sports need to be played with fans in the stadiums and arenas. People need a life, diversions and purpose to stay healthy even if a few catch a flu like bug and get well in a week. It's not selfish to want to watch football or any sport. We can protect the vulnerable and the vulnerable can protect themselves. The "experts" have been massively wrong from the beginning. Our spring and summer sports along with our lives were shut down because of their agendas. It's OK to loot and riot but not OK to go to church or play baseball. That's one way to tell this is all political. Let's play some ball.
Amen Brother agree 110%

If the season is canceled then so is college sports as we know it. Schools will lose millions. Eligibility will be a nightmare for NCAA. The whole system will fall apart. Wake up and stop being lead around like a sheep by the politicians trying to seize power. If you want a world without sports then let it happen because it will destroy more than college sports. Law suits will run rapid and it will all collapse.

I don't have a crystal ball that can look into the future, but I'm pretty damn confident that if this season gets cancelled it's not the end of "college sports as we know it." It will be back. You said it yourself, there is too much money involved for college sports to end.

I know what our receivers are thinking:

“Why doesn’t JG hold the laces when he throws?”

Attachments

• B33A5835-E56B-4B6A-AAE2-79870FEBB52B.png
    B33A5835-E56B-4B6A-AAE2-79870FEBB52B.png
    506.3 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Boca Vol and QU1ZE
I am not saying it there should or should not be football but I know how the players would vote. Look at all the college age people that have been going to pool parties and the beaches and the increase.of cases in those states.

VN Store

Back