Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
fricking chiner

Put a billion people together on land that has enormous swaths that are only now being inhabited by large numbers of humans and it's a novel virus and flu bug paradise. I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten more from India given their population size and land size but I suppose India being a former colony of the UK and traders who very much interacted with the Roman World before that has already exposed everyone to much of what their landscape might cook up for humans. Same for the Americas who via European colonization already exposed most of our local viruses to the rest of the world (although I have a feeling there are probably nasty surprises waiting for us the further we push into the rain forest and inhabit areas that have been pretty well left alone). China, OTOH, has been remarkably closed off except for certain trade areas for a very, very, long time which didn't matter until their population exploded and they pushed into newer areas in the giant landmass that is China.

Due to my horrible medical history, I've experienced a lot of cameras inside my body. They're never pleasant.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Much, much more painful. Do not believe when they say, "you'll just feel a little pressure".
I was given that line by my Dr once when I was having fluid drained from my knee. Once we got to a resting point, I told the Dr to change his description to "This is going to feel like I'm using a jackhammer on your knee"

Just go to sleep when you hear the word "mustang"
Yeah...I'll take CJP and picking his brain all day over Chief. Maybe the game has passed him by or something, but his defenses have not been great for years.

*He had a nice run though, no disrespect to him and his contributions here.

Reactions: jlawso21
Yeah...I'll take CJP and picking his brain all day over Chief. Maybe the game has passed him by or something, but his defenses have not been great for years.

He did keep Fulmer afloat for 5 years

I think he couldn’t adjust to defending the RPO’s.

I think he couldn’t adjust to defending the RPO’s.
Could be, but I don't feel like he's had a great defense in nearly a decade. RPOs didn't seem widespread till maybe 4 or 5 years ago...then really blew up in the SEC when Bama started doing them recently, at least in my mind they showed everyone how effective they could be in the league with speedsters. Hell I don't know if I saw them ran at UT until last year, at least in any large volume.

But you could be on to something. I'm sure they were more prevalent in reality 5-10 years ago, just not in the public awareness. Defending them and zone reads seem to be a big divider these days between the have and have-not DCs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gibbs Hall 625
Could be, but I don't feel like he's had a great defense in nearly a decade. RPOs didn't seem widespread till maybe 4 or 5 years ago...then really blew up in the SEC when Bama started doing them recently, at least in my mind they showed everyone how effective they could be in the league with speedsters. Hell I don't know if I saw them ran at UT until last year, at least in any large volume.

But you could be on to something. I'm sure they were more prevalent in reality 5-10 years ago, just not in the public awareness. Defending them and zone reads seem to be a big divider these days between the have and have-not DCs.

I agree. I almost went back and edited my response to say that he had slipped quite a bit before the RPO’s got going good.

The state of Emergency has been extended till August in Tennessee-- is Football going to be delayed? (contact sports)

Nah, "That 70's Show" was her big come back. I went to see "Shanna, Queen of the Jungle" at the movie theater, with my grandmother. So embarrassed, but I still had a pic of her running down the beach, bouncing around burned in my mind. Tanya, not my grandmother, bwaa-ha-ha
She was much better than Brooke Shields in that part

You look about 40 to me.

11564483-large.jpg
Don't hate the playa

The early preseason previews I’ve been working on have been reserved for our more significant opponents. I’ve looked at Arkansas and think we’re probably a 16 point favorite. In fact Bill Connelly gives the hogs a better probability of beating the Pirate’s MSU team in Starkville or the Missouri Tigers in Columbia that he gives them against us when we roll into Fayetteville. Bill expects the hogs to lose all 3 games but their toughest is not the road games, it's the home game against us.

ScreenHunter 465.png

Speaking of Missouri, I read a preview they did of us a couple weeks ago. The writer did a really good job and while some of the information is now dated (No Tim Jordan) I was really impressed at his take on our team for this year. I’ll provide the link and recommend it for anyone who has an interest in a thorough article offering an in-depth look at our team/rising program from the perspective of an opponent and surprisingly without bias. For those not interested in the read, here is his conclusion:

We better hope that Oklahoma and Florida beat the hell out of the Volunteers because I don’t see how Missouri wins this one straight up.

Unless Drinkwitz can sprinkle his magical offensive fairy dust on the Tigers and make them competent immediately, Mizzou will find itself in a lot of defensive slugfests, something that Pruitt and the Volunteers are happy to do. The Vols are starting over with their receivers but return their quarterback, top three running backs, and most of their offensive line, as well as damn-near their entire defense. They have experience, an identity, one helluva offensive coordinator, and an excellent defensive mind as a head coach. And this game is in Knoxville. Certainly anything is possible but it’s hard to see a path to stealing a win on the road here.

2020 (probably?) Missouri Football Opponent Previews: Tennessee Volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back