Best College Football Entrance

As much as it pains me to admit it, USCjr deserves a mention. We were down there a few years back, packed house. When that theme from 2001 A Space Odyssey came on ?! It gave me chills.

The only one comparable to running thru the T is Arizona State. Others are lame.

Not having FSU on there is a joke. I don't care who you are. Nothing says your ready for war more than when Chief Osceola rides out on Renegade with a spear of fire and the crowd doing the Tomahawk chant.

Most epic imo
Absolutely. 100%
Seeing that live is a cool experience. Been there many times!

1593391801818.gif

Notre Dame always over hyped. I haven't looked but I'm sure their in the pre season top ten.
Chief Osceola riding out on Renegade with a spear of fire. Yeah it is pretty cool but you can look for that to change too.

Reactions: VolForLife83
It’s funny to me how UT’s tradition is “simple” yet that isn’t mentioned on any others. If any of these are considered complicated for anyone then maybe college isn’t the right choice for that person.

Oh, and I’ve been to a big game at Lane Stadium when Enter Sandman kicks in. Pretty much the whole stadium starts jumping up and down. It’s pretty cool. Plus, good song choice.

There isn't a thing unique or specific to the school for SCAR. Smoke & pre-recorded music, what's so special about that? Hundreds of high schools do the same thing

Auburn Tiger walk isn't a stadium entrance.
2-4 don’t belong on this list. It’s between Tennessee and Clemson. And of course, Clemson gets the nod right now because they’re the best program in college football over the last 5 years.

Seriously? The Auburn Tiger walk? Tennessee does the Vol walk, plus running through the T. Do these people even know what college football is? SMH!

I think Auburn gets the nod because UT got it from Auburn:

The walk was introduced on October 20, 1990 by Head Coach Johnny Majors for the UT vs. Alabama game. Coach Majors was inspired by the similar tradition over at Auburn, and decided that a spirit-infused pep rally here at home could be exactly what the Vols needed before this big rivalry game. The rest is history.

Attachments

• 1593441971431.jpeg
    1593441971431.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Clemson #1 is the epitome of recency bias. Nobody nationally loved or even gave much thought to it until a few years ago.

The only reason Miami is on there is because a lot of NFL teams thought that was cool and started to imitate it in the 80s and 90s. Probably because Miami put so many guys in the NFL and encouraged their pro teams to do it.

Enter Sandman at #7 😂

Clemson is ok but with the amount of players who topple down that hill it’s only a matter of time before they’re forced to walk down.

I’d liked to have seen the war eagle flight for Auburn

Speaking of War: If you don’t feel that in your soul when Chief Osceola rides our to mid field and that chop starts are you really a fan? It’s close to #1.

S. Carolina is a joke much like the rooster when they score.

Notre Dame always over hyped. I haven't looked but I'm sure their in the pre season top ten.
Chief Osceola riding out on Renegade with a spear of fire. Yeah it is pretty cool but you can look for that to change too.

I doubt that they’ve got full support.

No one has a better entrance than running through the T.

GT’s Rambling Wreck is a distant 2 nd.

I think Auburn gets the nod because UT got it from Auburn:

The walk was introduced on October 20, 1990 by Head Coach Johnny Majors for the UT vs. Alabama game. Coach Majors was inspired by the similar tradition over at Auburn, and decided that a spirit-infused pep rally here at home could be exactly what the Vols needed before this big rivalry game. The rest is history.
Auburn stole it from George Perlous and Michigan State, the first team to do it in the 1980’s. Everybody started doing it after that.

Reactions: Boca Vol
They actually do from the Seminole Tribe of Florida. Now, whether or not that the keeps FSU from giving into the pressure to change it anyway is another question.

That would be a pretty big slap in the face to the Tribe. They tried before and the chief told them to stuff it and that there was nothing wrong with how they were portrayed.

That would be a pretty big slap in the face to the Tribe. They tried before and the chief told them to stuff it and that there was nothing wrong with how they were portrayed.
I don't disagree, but the pressure from the media and social media mob to get rid of it could get immense. If they deem it to be disrespectful, and their general tendency is to deem their opinion to be the "correct" one and the only one that matters, even if the Tribe itself approves of it, they won't let up.

I've never understood the notion some people have of getting offended on behalf of somebody else (i.e., if something doesn't bother them it wouldn't bother me), but as @RDU VOL#14 said in another thread the driving force behind some of these changes is simply to push envelopes, get "likes," and draw some attention to yourself.

VN Store

Back