The South Eastern Conference Threatens Mississippi Schools

Caculator

No sane person wants to live on planet of the apes
The South Eastern Conference Threatens Mississippi Schools – Change the Racist State Flag or Lose Title Games
Posted at 3:38 pm on June 19, 2020 by Brad Slager

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter

e8d70ac8-8cbf-4cf8-8af5-4f6d8c17c17d.jpg
(AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis, File)

A college governing body apparently needs some civics lessons.
Well, if you thought that the upcoming NFL season might be an insufferable slog with all of the promised player protests, and you hoped to have college football serve as a diversion, let me dash your hopes. The moronic controversy at Oklahoma State University over its head coach wearing a t-shirt is not the only dose of asinine activism. What is arguably the most powerful conference in the NCAA is ramping up the idiocy.

A state flag is being declared a racist symbol for having a display of the Confederate Flag within its display. The administration from the South Eastern Conference has come forward to declare that it is considering no longer allowing schools in the state of Mississippi to host the conference championships of various sports unless the state flag is altered. Now, as far as football is concerned, that is a non-starter, as the SEC title game is hosted in Atlanta, Georgia. (More on that in a moment.) But as far as the other sports this is a possible threat.

Reactions: hmhawk
The South Eastern Conference Threatens Mississippi Schools – Change the Racist State Flag or Lose Title Games

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter

Well, if you thought that the upcoming NFL season might be an insufferable slog with all of the promised player protests, and you hoped to have college football serve as a diversion, let me dash your hopes. The moronic controversy at Oklahoma State University over its head coach wearing a t-shirt is not the only dose of asinine activism. What is arguably the most powerful conference in the NCAA is ramping up the idiocy.

A state flag is being declared a racist symbol for having a display of the Confederate Flag within its display. The administration from the South Eastern Conference has come forward to declare that it is considering no longer allowing schools in the state of Mississippi to host the conference championships of various sports unless the state flag is altered. Now, as far as football is concerned, that is a non-starter, as the SEC title game is hosted in Atlanta, Georgia. (More on that in a moment.) But as far as the other sports this is a possible threat.
Didn’t bother to read the article because you lose all credibility when you call the SEC the South Eastern Conference.
It’s the Southeastern Conference.

might as well just give in everyone else has.

Something will be changed at every school. The fight song, mascot, the name of stadium/field or nickname. No school in the SEC will be left untouched, or should I say, The South. If "Rocky Top" is banned for some unforeseen reason or Smokey and his Frontiersmen handler and it goes without saying, anything about, "The Vols", well camels' back broken.

Something will be changed at every school. The fight song, mascot, the name of stadium/field or nickname. No school in the SEC will be left untouched, or should I say, The South. If "Rocky Top" is banned for some unforeseen reason or Smokey and his Frontiersmen handler and it goes without saying, anything about, "The Vols", well camels' back broken.

Rocky Top should be safe from the wrath of the SJWs. It's about killing law enforcèment.

He won’t have his gun, hat, and Smokey will just be a blue tick when it’s over with.

redstate.com

lmao
Massachusetts, Boston especially have very progressive views. Ask black pro athletes how they're treated on visits to Boston. So stop with the BS, narrow minded, tired, ignorant view that racism only comes from one party. Want people to take you seriously then stop saying stupid sh!t

Reactions: BUBear and Pacer92
I am conservative as any here but Confederate flags have no place on state flags or govt buildings. If someone wants to fly on their home, in their yard, etc. they should be protected like any other flag.
Their state flag has the confederate flag in it. It has every right to fly over their state Capitol until the people of that state vote to have it removed. Unless you’re from Mississippi it shouldn’t be up to you

Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter

Seriously? A college football conference leader thinks that he has the right to start telling states what to do. I realize that there are serious issues to be resolved, but don't puff up your chest and trying to be more important than you really are for the sake of saying look at me. I despise band wagon jumpers.

Their state flag has the confederate flag in it. It has every right to fly over their state Capitol until the people of that state vote to have it removed. Unless you’re from Mississippi it shouldn’t be up to you

But I am entitled to my opinion. Fortunately the vast majority of Americans left the Civil War in the past and agree with me. And if it were put on the ballot in Mississippi, I’d expect it would be removed. I’ve worked there for years and the large majority are ready to leave the past.

But I am entitled to my opinion. Fortunately the vast majority of Americans left the Civil War in the past and agree with me. And if it were put on the ballot in Mississippi, I’d expect it would be removed. I’ve worked there for years and the large majority are ready to leave the past.
Yes, your entitled to your opinion. Opinions are like buttholes, everybody’s got one. And I try to keep my butt out of other people’s business and not try try to sway others towards my opinion.

Now Kylin Hill says change the flag or he sits...I guess he wasn’t aware of the flag when his recruitment started or when he signed there or grew up there. Come on man

His opinion carries a little more weight in the grand scheme of things now.

UF and FSU have benefitted from Mississippi kids who never gave Ole Miss or MSU a sniff because of their state’s history.

Jack Jackson and Terrell Buckley immediately come to mind.

His opinion carries a little more weight in the grand scheme of things now.

UF and FSU have benefitted from Mississippi kids who never gave Ole Miss or MSU a sniff because of their state’s history.

Jack Jackson and Terrell Buckley immediately come to mind.
I don’t have a problem with him taking issue with the Mississippi flag. That’s his prerogative. I question his timing and the fact he’s going to leave his teammates before his Senior year for something that he apparently wasn’t that outspoken about until now . I think he might be a bit ambitious here, unless he thinks he going to start an avalanche where all the players follow suit.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I don’t have a problem with him taking issue with the Mississippi flag. That’s his prerogative. I question his timing and the fact he’s going to leave his teammates before his Senior year for something that he apparently wasn’t that outspoken about until now . I think he might be a bit ambitious here, unless he thinks he going to start an avalanche where all the players follow suit.

You assume some of his other teammates didn’t feel the exact same way, but didn’t have the juice Hill had to make an impact.

You assume some of his other teammates didn’t feel the exact same way, but didn’t have the juice Hill had to make an impact.
Maybe so. I just found the fact that he’s been in Mississippi his entire life, chose to accept a scholarship to an instate school when he had offers to other schools in the SEC and Big XII interesting. If thats what he wants to do, then that’s what he wants to do.

The flag should be changed, I guess. But the renaming of stadiums and now wanting the statue of Hemingway taken down in Oxford, has to stop! Geez.

Every freaking building named after someone around pre 1970 is going to have to be re-named. This is ridiculous.

Reactions: oz615
GENERAL NEYLAND WAS A WARMONGER ! He engaged in war and has blood on his hands .He also didn’t allow blacks on his team!
#RENAMETHESTADIUM
#TAKEDOWNTHATSTATUE
Sounds ridiculous doesn’t it?

I am center right but I also can look objectively at statues , memorials , etc... in their proper context and be objectionable . Should a bust of Nathan Bedford Forrest be displayed in the TN statehouse? I say no because at the bare minimum the display of the NBF bust presents bad optics. Spare me the arguments about the “original intent “ of the Klan and how it was later dissolved only to be retooled in the early 20th century into what we now recognize as a murderous hate group. I know my history and my belief has evolved over 20 years to the point where I now believe that any likeness of NBF should be confined to a museum or private collection.

Should Columbus Ohio be renamed SPLAZZLE Ohio or anything else Ohio? I would give that an emphatic NO.

Common sense is becoming more and more rare.When common sense is continually silenced by those yelling the loudest then what once would have been considered ridiculous becomes reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: preacherwebb
The civil war wasn't about slavery, it was about States Rights. It was about unfair taxation on some of the southern states farming interests.
We have a bunch of rabble rousers today that keeps making racial relations worse. Murder is murder no matter what color your skin is. Injustices shouldn't happen to anyone! Destroying and politicizing it will only make matters worse, not better.

Proverbs 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

When the news won't shut up about it, it keeps those emotions heated and people angry. I say let's let our justice system do it's job and if they don't, let's vote them out of office and get someone that will.

The flag should be changed, I guess. But the renaming of stadiums and now wanting the statue of Hemingway taken down in Oxford, has to stop! Geez.

Every freaking building named after someone around pre 1970 is going to have to be re-named. This is ridiculous.
I wasn’t aware that the flag hasn’t been flown on Mississippi State or Ole Miss’ campus since 2016. I would be surprised if it weren’t changed relatively soon.

VN Store

Back