Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Here is my team's National Championships

images
A LOT OF WBB programs trophy case look like this but some people out here trashing us when we dont even have a room left in our case make it make sense

Oh and I LOVE TO ARGUE...

you have no argument, south carolina is nowhere near tennessee. all the droughts that you speak of i'm pretty sure that south carolina was wayyyyy longer. the fact that you are another team forum proves that tennessee is still relevant and will always be otherwise you wouldn't be here!!!

you have no argument, south carolina is nowhere near tennessee. all the droughts that you speak of i'm pretty sure that south carolina was wayyyyy longer. the fact that you are another team forum proves that tennessee is still relevant and will always be otherwise you wouldn't be here!!!

This is FACTS 💯

nothin like a 43 year drought till South Carolina won their first natty

I’m here because I like too talk to you all. Is that wrong? 🥺

Reactions: mcannon1 and Will83
Nope, keep posting

You don’t speak for all of us 😏😂... Actually, I don’t mind someone who doesn’t agree with me but when you start throwing shots at a program that helped build the sport you like to support maybe you should rethink about talking $#!+ about them on their own board (especially when you don’t have one). Pat no only opened the door but kicked it open so that players like Dawn could have an opportunity to be seen by more fans on tv.

We also have to remember Pat coached in the SEC and in the SEC there were states that didn’t take kindly to black players back in the day and Pat didn’t care but played the best players and made it a point to mention them in the after game pressers and made sure the players got their due.

So any poster that wants to come on here and honestly disrespect our program can do so but while they tell us we won’t get back to where we were ... you’re still trying to get to where we were and at least we can fondly look back on a program with 8 titles.

Crazy thing about those 8 titles though... you think a fan would stop talking a bunch of crap about a school that’s women’s basketball team has DOUBLE the amount of all the national titles from your whole school 😏

So @SCspur and @superfly remember not all fans disrespect your program and some of us appreciated the way your coach stuck up for our program just like we were sticking up for Dawn and the SC team when there were teams calling your team out of there names talking about their style of play along with certain incidents.

You don’t speak for all of us 😏😂... Actually, I don’t mind someone who doesn’t agree with me but when you start throwing shots at a program that helped build the sport you like to support maybe you should rethink about talking $#!+ about them on their own board (especially when you don’t have one). Pat no only opened the door but kicked it open so that players like Dawn could have an opportunity to be seen by more fans on tv.

We also have to remember Pat coached in the SEC and in the SEC there were states that didn’t take kindly to black players back in the day and Pat didn’t care but played the best players and made it a point to mention them in the after game pressers and made sure the players got their due.

So any poster that wants to come on here and honestly disrespect our program can do so but while they tell us we won’t get back to where we were ... you’re still trying to get to where we were and at least we can fondly look back on a program with 8 titles.

Crazy thing about those 8 titles though... you think a fan would stop talking a bunch of crap about a school that’s women’s basketball team has DOUBLE the amount of all the national titles from your whole school 😏

So @SCspur and @superfly remember not all fans disrespect your program and some of us appreciated the way your coach stuck up for our program just like we were sticking up for Dawn and the SC team when there were teams calling your team out of there names talking about their style of play along with certain incidents.
Amen

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

Well put and post of the day. I would like for someone to start a forum for them so they will have a real home to post (roost) with actual fans of their own school. Maybe they will take their enablers with them so they will have some likes for their posts as well.

Well put and post of the day. I would like for someone to start a forum for them so they will have a real home to post (roost) with actual fans of their own school. Maybe they will take their enablers with them so they will have some likes for their posts as well.

They had one and it was so lame it’s now defunct.

Haha thanks. I didn’t do it for the likes just got tired of the disrespect. I wasn’t really bothered by the not being where we were because that’s true we aren’t. “The you’ll never get back to where you were” because we might not but we just may. However, when you start knocking our titles because it was “easier” back then I’m like Pat could have took the easier route and not help grow the game but she chose the right thing. And wasn’t the SAME thing the issue when people were saying their title was “easier” because Uconn wasn’t their and they played an emotionally spent MSU team ? Can’t have it both ways😂

** I will be man enough to say I misrepresented some information. I said the LV have DOUBLE what their whole athletic dept had. That is not completely factual as they have 10 total. The thing is 6 are Equestrian which only at most 20 out of the 353 NCAA D1 schools have. The other thing is while the NCAA considers it an “emerging” sport there are multiple national champions so in a year you could win 3 national championships so twice they’ve won multiple national titles and out of the 6 have a total of 3 “overall” champions... go figure LOL I just didn’t want to misrepresent their total of “championships”

I guess what else bothers me was the smack they were talking was days before the anniversary of her death... probably wasn’t even at the top of their minds but still classless regardless. Anyways I said what I said and I meant what I said...

I think for the most part @SCspur has been decent. @superfly has been ok too i guess. They feel the need to defend their team and that’s ok. I HOPE you wouldn’t purposely disrespect Pat Summit or her program a couple of days before the anniversary of her death. Each year we are reminded that her life ended too soon multiple times during the year (we back pat , her birthday, anniversary of championships, her death date, the day she revealed she had that terrible disease to name a a few).

Last edited:
Haha thanks. I didn’t do it for the likes just got tired of the disrespect. I wasn’t really bothered by the not being where we were because that’s true we aren’t. “The you’ll never get back to where you were” because we might not but we just may. However, when you start knocking our titles because it was “easier” back then I’m like Pat could have took the easier route and not help grow the game but she chose the right thing. And wasn’t the SAME thing the issue when people were saying their title was “easier” because Uconn wasn’t their and they played an emotionally spent MSU team ? Can’t have it both ways😂

** I will be man enough to say I misrepresented some information. I said the LV have DOUBLE what their whole athletic dept had. That is not completely factual as they have 10 total. The thing is 6 are Equestrian which only at most 20 out of the 353 NCAA D1 schools have. The other thing is while the NCAA considers it an “emerging” sport there are multiple national champions so in a year you could win 3 national championships so twice they’ve won multiple national titles and out of the 6 have a total of 3 “overall” champions... go figure LOL I just didn’t want to misrepresent their total of “championships”

I guess what else bothers me was the smack they were talking was days before the anniversary of her death... probably wasn’t even at the top of their minds but still classless regardless. Anyways I said what I said and I meant what I said...

I think for the most part @SCspur has been decent. @superfly has been ok too i guess. They feel the need to defend their team and that’s ok. I HOPE you wouldn’t purposely disrespect Pat Summit or her program a couple of days before the anniversary of her death. Each year we are reminded that her life ended too soon multiple times during the year (we back pat , her birthday, anniversary of championships, her death date, the day she revealed she had that terrible disease to name a a few).

Thank you, VA_VOLFAN, first for the good posts, and more importantly, for the way you went about expressing vigorous dsagreement. You kept your tone civil, you presented facts and logic, and you refrained from hurling childish insults. That is a welcome change from the style some prolific members use.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Classy Move by Notre Dame

This is why I take exception to the SC fans and anyone else who tries to crap on this program. Pat gave her heart and soul to women’s basketball and without her, women’s basketball wouldn’t be what it is today. Every program owes her a debt of gratitude.

This is why I take exception to the SC fans and anyone else who tries to crap on this program. Pat gave her heart and soul to women’s basketball and without her, women’s basketball wouldn’t be what it is today. Every program owes her a debt of gratitude.

Exactly! I had a student once who said to another student “why are you worried about my grade... what I eat should make you $#!+” while I told him the verbiage could have been different the point remains.

In most cases that’s true... SC made the finals and won UConn didn’t make it... doesn’t matter they have a natty! SC fans can talk crap because their on top right now but that doesn’t take away the tradition and the fact that TN put not only the SEC but women’s b-ball on the map.

Now the LV are also the special case of what they ate made others poo because Pat got more funds into the game, she helped grow the game, helped get them on tv , AND helped forced the hand for women’s coaches to get better contracts which brought better coaches to the game. So we may be that 1% of where what we are benefited others. Lol

VN Store

Back