Football isn’t happening...

I have no interest in telling people how they should feel about this virus. Everyone is entitled to do what they will with the information available. If you're not scared of it or don't take it seriously, that's up to you. If you aren't concerned with rising numbers of positive cases, that's also up to you. Don't take this post as trying to change your mind.

But, if you have any desire to see football played in any form in a little over 60 days, it is crucial that you understand that the people who will decide whether or not that happens don't think like you. If we do not see a significant drop in positive cases, college football isn't happening.

If you want to see football in 2 months, then starting now you need to limit your public outings as much as possible. When you have to go out, you need to wear a mask and socially distance yourself from anyone who isn't your immediate family. If you find out that you might have been exposed, you need to get a test, and you need to self-isolate until you know that you're negative. If you test positive, you need to self-isolate even if you have absolutely no symptoms. And you need to suggest to anyone and everyone that they do the same.

You can spend the next 60 days thinking how absurd this all is. You can kick yourself for giving in to the media fearmongering. You can be mad at everyone whose fear and paranoia made all of this necessary. But if you want football, you will suck it up and do what you have to do. Because the cases aren't dropping until everyone does what they have to do, and football isn't happening if the cases don't drop.

If football isn't a big enough deal for you, then go on about your business.
What we do or don't do is not going to have any impact on the season whatsoever.

If we completely shut everything down again, and everyone stayed at home for 2 months, the virus would come right back and we'd shut everything down....again.

Last week, deaths were down 90% from April.

They were down 20% from last week to this week.

They'll be down next week too. Cases really aren't important at all.

Because guess what. The mean age of people testing positive is now 30 years younger than it was in April - and for that demographic it "is just the flu". Football's bigger hurdle is the social justice nonsense.

I ran a conference today in a closed room with 35 doctors from various health systems. 4 of them chose to wear masks. Of the 4, 2 were lard asses and the other 2 were in their upper 60s.

Last week, deaths were down 90% from April.

They were down 20% from last week to this week.

They'll be down next week too. Cases really aren't important at all.

Because guess what. The mean age of people testing positive is now 30 years younger than it was in April - and for that demographic it "is just the flu". Football's bigger hurdle is the social justice nonsense.

I ran a conference today in a closed room with 35 doctors from various health systems. 4 of them chose to wear masks. Of the 4, 2 were lard asses and the other 2 were in their upper 60s.
Deaths are not down.

They reported this last week that 120 million have died from this thing. At least thats what i read online somewhere.

I'd like to know what the case numbers were in March and April when less testing was available. It could have been MUCH higher, but we will never know. I went to get tested in March, and because I didn't check enough of the boxes, they wouldn't test me. Saved that test for someone sicker.

It's logical, now that testing is more available, that the numbers WILL go up, even when in fact the cases could be going down. Lack of testing and data early on really skew all of this. Who really trusts the data from the experts anyway? They have missed and missed badly the last 6 months.

I'd like to know what the case numbers were in March and April when less testing was available. It could have been MUCH higher, but we will never know. I went to get tested in March, and because I didn't check enough of the boxes, they wouldn't test me. Saved that test for someone sicker.

It's logical, now that testing is more available, that the numbers WILL go up, even when in fact the cases could be going down. Lack of testing and data early on really skew all of this. Who really trusts the data from the experts anyway? They have missed and missed badly the last 6 months.

Yep, death's are the only true measure. And even still it is estimated that those are inflated by a minimum of 20%. Ironically, all-cause mortality is actually down in several states year over year and at mean levels.

The great thing, is that as long as you have average health and are below 60, you have a higher chance of dying in an automobile accident than by COVID, and the mortality is actually still trending downward.

Decisions regarding sports will not be based on deaths. They will be based on new and active cases. It's wonderful that deaths are declining. It will not matter when it comes to sports.

Reactions: volfanbill
Everyone just needs to make the decisions that are best for them and their families. If that means wearing a mask and social distancing then great. If it means doing things as normal then that this up to each individual as well. The bottom line is this, nobody in the medical community anywhere in the world really has a 100% sure path forward and for most people that is as troubling, if not more than the virus itself. Time will tell what was done right and what was done wrong. Hopefully we can all be setting in Neyland soon and look back on this as just another thing we dealt with in this day and time.

Go VOLS

Reactions: preacherwebb
We have the worst response in the world to this pandemic, except for maybe Brazil. This is a picture, a picture of our failure. We went down a little bit. We started to get it under control under tremendous sacrifice that many of us made as a civil society, and it was squandered by our leadership, and we`re going right back up again.

All of that sacrifice, all of that pain and suffering, all of that staying indoors, they threw it all away.

We have the worst response in the world to this pandemic, except for maybe Brazil. This is a picture, a picture of our failure. We went down a little bit. We started to get it under control under tremendous sacrifice that many of us made as a civil society, and it was squandered by our leadership, and we`re going right back up again.

All of that sacrifice, all of that pain and suffering, all of that staying indoors, they threw it all away.
How so?

Everyone just needs to make the decisions that are best for them and their families. If that means wearing a mask and social distancing then great. If it means doing things as normal then that this up to each individual as well. The bottom line is this, nobody in the medical community anywhere in the world really has a 100% sure path forward and for most people that is as troubling, if not more than the virus itself. Time will tell what was done right and what was done wrong. Hopefully we can all be setting in Neyland soon and look back on this as just another thing we dealt with in this day and time.
What if people are incapable of making decisions for themselves to the point that it begins to affect my family? Then we have a problem. Just put your dang mask on for a couple months and hopefully we can all watch UT WTFA this fall.

There may be a soccer season and maybe NBA(?) MLB is due to start the 3rd week of July. NASCAR is still in session. Will there be an NCAA basketball season? With all the rise in COVID 19 cases there may not be any football-NCAA and NFL. California, TX and Florida cases are up! This thing could last up until election time!

Reactions: oz615
Note how the Harry Potter guy just throws a bunch of stuff at the wall until confronted with facts and then doesn't provide any of his own.

It's almost like...people who define themselves by a children's book may be....intellectually challenged.

What if another virus pops up tomorrow? What then? This was a created virus which means another one could be just around the corner, this virus has shown we need at least a year to create a vaccine and when we get one lets say another virus comes along and then another, we have to live life as much as that sounds cold and callous its just the truth, this has turned our country upside down and if we follow this blueprint in the future were in for some really hard times.

VN Store

Back