'21 CA WDE Jailen Weaver (Nebraska commit)

couldn't remember his name, but Lorenzo Carter is exactly who i was thinking about...though i think he might have longer arms than this kid...lol. that kid was long.

nb4 twss...lol.
For sure, and this kid has about 40 pounds on carter Lmao

I say take him. If nothing else he will make field goals and pat more difficult.

looks really really really raw...slow off the line.

but he is physical as hell and seems like he's pretty mean on the field lol.
he's so freaking big, and while i do think he's slow at the snamp, for such a big guy he does seem to run and move pretty well......

he'd need to develop, but what the heck. 6'8" DE? we need someone that can maybe match up against our TE competition down at UGA.....lol

We have coaches that will develop him. Kid is an animal.

looks really really really raw...slow off the line.

but he is physical as hell and seems like he's pretty mean on the field lol.
he's so freaking big, and while i do think he's slow at the snamp, for such a big guy he does seem to run and move pretty well......

he'd need to develop, but what the heck. 6'8" DE? we need someone that can maybe match up against our TE competition down at UGA.....lol
Man he looked pretty quick to me. Snap reading can easily be fixed, but dang he looks quick for someone so tall.

Does he play bball too? Asking for a friend named Rick.

Brumbaugh is heading up his recruitment.
“I don’t even really have to use my power right now in high school,” Weaver said. “I have power, but I mainly rely on my get-off and first couple of steps. Usually that’s all I need and then I can use my speed to get after quarterbacks.” Tennessee offered the Antioch, Calif. native back in February after reviewing film. “They told me they really liked what they saw on tape,” Weaver said. “They like how physical and big I am. Plus, they said they like how I can move with my size.” Weaver has never been to Knoxville and really hasn’t visited many campuses during the recruitment process. Instead, the 2021 prospect has been focusing on academics in-between playing football, basketball and running track for Antioch High.
“I’m a real up front person. I need a coaching staff that won’t mess around or sugarcoat anything,” Weaver said of a potential staff. “I don’t want to hear one story and then have it change when I get there. I need them to be on all of us to get better. “I’m looking for some teammates who are focused. I’m not going to a major university to lose games. That’s just not my style.” The three-sport athlete excels on the basketball court and on the track for his high school. Despite his frame, Weaver is used in the 4X1 relay and 100 meter sprints on the track team – along with throwing discuss. “In basketball, I do it all for my foot work and balance,” the athlete said. “I run track to work on my speed and to stay in shape between seasons.” The three-star said he’s been clocked as fast as 4.8 seconds by laser in the 40-yard dash.
Weaver has eight offers as of now stemming from Tennessee, Texas A&M and Arkansas form the SEC. Indiana, Washington State, Fresno State, San Jose State and Nebraska have also extended an offer to the prospect. Like many athletes around the country, Weaver has been in survival mode throughout the quarantine period. “I’ve gone to the park a lot and gone to some friends’ houses who have weights,” Weaver said of the past few months. “But we haven’t been able to lift anything heavy. I’ve just been doing what I can do.” “The past few months of recruitment really hasn’t changed for me. It’s pretty much been the same since my freshman year,” Weaver said. “I talk on the phone a lot. I’ve never really did the face-to-face thing and I don’t go to campuses, so it’s been pretty much the same.” And with his recruitment continuing to heat up, Weaver is in no hurry to make a final decision. “I’m probably going to be the last person to commit somewhere,” Weaver anticipates. “I will probably wait until February to sign.”
-VQ

Yeah...at 6'9 he's already at a natural disadvantage at DE. I can't imagine if he grows anymore. But he could be interesting at OT or even a freak endzone TE.

Given today’s emphasis on the passing game, I think taller dline are the preference. Longer arms=greater pass rush ability

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
He’s 6’7 which hasn’t saddled Middleton.
That is exactly who I thought about watching his film. Especially taking plays off. Middleton was the big kid at Powell and played when he wanted to.

If I were on the staff I would show him what they are doing with Middleton as an example of what they can do for him.

That is exactly who I thought about watching his film. Especially taking plays off. Middleton was the big kid at Powell and played when he wanted to.

If I were on the staff I would show him what they are doing with Middleton as an example of what they can do for him.
As soon as he GOT IT last season, so it seems did the whole defense. Maybe more a reflection of him delivering despite mixed bag expectations partially based on your noted previous scouting report. Rocker did a stellar job reaching him imo.

WDE on 247 usually indicates pass rusher/3-4 OLB, ie Morven Joseph (6-3 220)

Interesting they've classified a 6-8 270 lbs kid as weak side instead of strongside..

Reactions: Vol8188
Strangely enough too, I believe I heard Joseph was starting his career at ILB
Uhhh. Inside backer? That definitely doesn’t seem like the correct way to go, considering his suddenness & size. 🤔

Uhhh. Inside backer? That definitely doesn’t seem like the correct way to go, considering his suddenness & size. 🤔

Pruitt's defense is so intricate that I don't put much stock guys listed positions. The same way great offensive minds find ways to get the ball to their playmakers, Pruitt does with his defenders. With the amount of up-tempo offenses around today, it makes sense as a linebacker to learn inside out. If he can identify and make calls as a Mike on early downs, he can certainly pin his ears back and get after the passer when needed.

He (Morvin Joseph, not his thread I know) reminds me of Rashaan Evans, who finished his career with 150 tackles, 15 sacks, and became a first round pick.

Reactions: GojiraVol17

VN Store

Back