Nike Reported A $790m Loss For 1st Qtr

I love Nike gear, always have, regardless of Kaepernick doing a commercial years ago. Won’t wear anything else...except UF Jordan brand gear of course.

I love Chick FilA, in spite of their owner’s outspoken views that offend some folks.

Ditto for Hobby Lobby.

I loved my wife’s late grandmother, who was raised to be racist and never knew any better. Ditto for my grandfather who was in some ways justified given the times he grew up in.

This knee jerk reaction to anything that runs counter to our own sensibilities is sometimes laughable.

I love Nike gear, always have, regardless of Kaepernick doing a commercial years ago. Won’t wear anything else...except UF Jordan brand gear of course.

I love Chick FilA, in spite of their owner’s outspoken views that offend some folks.

Ditto for Hobby Lobby.

I loved my wife’s late grandmother, who was raised to be racist and never knew any better. Ditto for my grandfather who was in some ways justified given the times he grew up in.

This knee jerk reaction to anything that runs counter to our own sensibilities is sometimes laughable.
Cool. You’re free to do as you wish. I also wear NIKE gear...tho not exclusively. I watch games and the occasional program on ESPN yet still reserve the right to mock them when they get all pious and preachy...as I’m doing with NIKE. My knee is not part of the conversation.

Ditto for Hobby Lobby.

Schadenfreude is a result of emotional immaturity and/or small-mindedness.

"I can't tolerate Nike's politics, so I hope they fail horribly and their employees suffer, regardless of their personal politics."

"I can't tolerate Nike's politics, so I hope they fail horribly and their employees suffer, regardless of their personal politics."

Not really. I hope they fail so that they will not continue to dump a ton of money on things I disagree with. Besides irs a Chinese company now

Reactions: hmhawk and BUBear

Nothing to do with "politics" for me. I'd rather try to find companies that do a lot in the US to buy from. Good all around- economy, environment, etc.

Plus almost all the Nike stuff, with the exception of a pair of cleats I had, has been crap.

Reactions: Wireless1
Nothing to do with "politics" for me. I'd rather try to find companies that do a lot in the US to buy from. Good all around- economy, environment, etc.

Plus almost all the Nike stuff, with the exception of a pair of cleats I had, has been crap.
When your future brand representative blows out his shoe on national TV causing an injury that costs him most of the season and probable NC you have a real quality problem

When your future brand representative blows out his shoe on national TV causing an injury that costs him most of the season and probable NC you have a real image problem

fyp

Nike had no real quality problems anymore than Michelin has quality problems becuz a tire blew out.

Ditto for Hobby Lobby.

I'm the same. If I like something, I like it, if not, it's just because I don't not political reasons. Except Gatorade, screw Florida! 0-12!!

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
When your future brand representative blows out his shoe on national TV causing an injury that costs him most of the season and probable NC you have a real quality problem
When your future brand rep blows out his shoe on national tv and still signs with that same shoe company it shows how much power you have. That was the perfect time for the phrase “never waste A good crisis.” Nike people had people in Durham the next afternoon to fix the shoes.

WHAT!? THIS IS RIDICULOUS! If an american company can't take a washed up, never was, who disrespects the nation that he plays in and make him the face of their company and not increase sales, then I'm moving to Canada!

Um, the entire article is about COVID impact on their retail sales. Nike is off an all time high in January re: stock valuation. The CK stuff happened nearly two years ago and amounted to 1 whole ad, which the company results indicate was an overall benefit to them.

But don't let facts cloud your message. Bang that drum. Enjoy Canada!

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Um, the entire article is about COVID impact on their retail sales. Nike is off an all time high in January re: stock valuation. The CK stuff happened nearly two years ago and amounted to 1 whole ad, which the company results indicate was an overall benefit to them.

You're awesome. I mean that.

Thank you for that. It never occurred to me that COVID played a roll. I guess I assumed most people would use a little deductive reasoning...like considering that the article was posted on Nike because of the extraordinary loss they are taking compared to the loss of their competitors like Under Armour....or does Nike customers get more corona that Under Armour customers? :rolleyes: Keep getting triggered though!

Lol
Thank you for that. It never occurred to me that COVID played a roll. I guess I assumed most people would use a little deductive reasoning...like considering that the article was posted on Nike because of the extraordinary loss they are taking compared to the loss of their competitors like Under Armour....or does Nike customers get more corona that Under Armour customers? :rolleyes: Keep getting triggered though!
Lol classic response

VN Store

Back