Lady Vols vs UConn 2021

That's assuming that she hasn't learned anything about ball handling from her year in a new program with coaches that teach fundamentals like ball control. Last year UConn ranked 59th in turnovers/game. Tennessee ranked 255th.
lol im kinda hoping she doesnt 😂😂

Reactions: brassie
That's assuming that she hasn't learned anything about ball handling from her year in a new program with coaches that teach fundamentals like ball control. Last year UConn ranked 59th in turnovers/game. Tennessee ranked 255th.

And that’s assuming she is actually healthy...

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
EW has been a turnover machine since high school i doubt that has changed with a year off . She just finished rehab so she couldn't really do full contact drills , anyone can dribble but game time is a different story.

I doubt EW plays much point guard for UConn. That job will go to the #1 player in the 2020 class.

The Lady Vols committed 27 turnovers, scored 14 points in the entire 2nd half and allowed a freshman bench player to beat them. The game in Knoxville will hinge on a lot more than EW's ability to handle the ball.

I doubt EW plays much point guard for UConn. That job will go to the #1 player in the 2020 class.

The Lady Vols committed 27 turnovers, scored 14 points in the entire 2nd half and allowed a freshman bench player to beat them. The game in Knoxville will hinge on a lot more than EW's ability to handle the ball.
Freshmen that go to UConn hardly ever start their freshmen season even if shes the #1 recruit.Even Diana didnt start her freshmen year until there was an injury on the team. Geno himself said he doesnt like starting freshmen.

Last edited:

I wonder if Geno laughs about turnovers during practice and film sessions.... 🤔

Reactions: glv98 and Voltopia
Freshmen that go to UConn hardly ever start their freshmen season even if shes the #1 recruit.Even Diana didnt start her freshmen year until there was an injury on the team. Geno himself said he doesnt like starting freshmen.

That's not accurate. Diana didn't start because 2 AAs -- Ralph and Abrosimova -- played ahead of her. Montgomery, Bird, Rizzotti and Christyn Williams all started as freshman. Kia Nurse became a starter by the 3rd game of her freshman season. Makurat was projected to be a starter from day one last year until nerves got the better of her. She eventually became a starter. I'm sure there are others. Bueckers isn't just any freshman.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
EW has been a turnover machine since high school i doubt that has changed with a year off . She just finished rehab so she couldn't really do full contact drills , anyone can dribble but game time is a different story.
I would bet she doesn’t play much if any point guard. More likely she will be at the 2 or 3 position.

Westbrook had a similar season in regards to turnovers compared to Horston their freshmen seasons. Westbrook did improve to 163/101 turnover/assists her sophomore season. Hardly a turnover machine. I would love for Horston to make that same kind of improvement.

Some of you all only talk about what the LV did wrong in the game and nothing they did well. If you all prefer UCONN’s coaching and style of play, why not root for them? Why not come out and say you’re a fan? That’s basically what a fan is. Someone who loves the coach, play and defends their team to no end.

Some of you all only talk about what the LV did wrong in the game and nothing they did well. If you all prefer UCONN’s coaching and style of play, why not root for them? Why not come out and say you’re a fan? That’s basically what a fan is. Someone who loves the coach, play and defends their team to no end.

I think people can be fans of a team and still be critical about aspects of their play.

Their freshmen season's were very similar. Jordan with more rebounds and more turnovers. I don't find this too surprising.
After all, they were both the #2 rated recruit, overall, in their respective classes.
also better 3 point shooter,free throw shooter,averaged more assists,more steals, & more blocks

than Evina in freshmen year

I'd take Jordan 9 out of 9 times over Evina
Evina had no lateral movement and less speed.
I'd sacrifice the nine 3's difference for the vast potential.

We'll see if Evina reaches her potential under Gino
I have no doubt Jordan will reach hers

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'd take Jordan 9 out of 9 times over Evina
Evina had no lateral movement and less speed.
I'd sacrifice the nine 3's difference for the vast potential.

We'll see if Evina reaches her potential under Gino
I have no doubt Jordan will reach hers
I was only discussing who had a better 3pt shooting % their freshman year. Do you disagree that Evina shot 3's at a higher % than Jordan ?

I was only discussing who had a better 3pt shooting % their freshman year. Do you disagree that Evina shot 3's at a higher % than Jordan ?
lol my mistake Evina had less turnovers and hit more threes. Evina was better in those 2 categories her freshmen year than Jordan.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I think as a program we are moving in the right direction, but we are not there yet. UConn, along with Baylor, South Carolina, Notre Dame, and Oregon are at another level compared to us, and it may be some time before we get there. This is not a criticism, its just a fact. Tennessee is no longer apart of the national conversation as far as the national title is concerned, and yes it pains me to no end. So what will get us back to the top? 1. The first step has already taken place, a new coach, go Coach Harper. 2. I don't want to get bogged down into why players left the program, whether they got mad, felt abandoned, got in trouble, lost playing time, or what ever the reason, and some reasons are true, the fact of the matter is perspective recruits only hear in their heads that top players and players they know are leaving Tennessee. This has to stop, if we are going to win the recruiting battle nationally. 3. We have to start landing more of the nation's premier high school players. Landing one is good, but its not enough, you have to have an abundance. I know we had 7 HS all-Americans on one team and look what happen, don't get me started. But seriously, how many championship teams have a big 3, remember the 3 Mique's? 4. We have to do a better job at player development. Players must show a marked improvement in their game, and in their physical levels from year to year. 5. We must make major strides in our strength and conditioning as a program. This not a criticism, this an area unlike talent, we can have a year in - year out advantage over other teams. UConn's style of play exposes team in this area relentlessly, before you know it your down by 20 and tired to no end. These are but some of the changes I we need to make, and If we can fill these gaps, not only will be back, but the whole basketball world will once stop again and take notice, why, UConn and Tennessee are playing and its for all the money.

A lot of truth in your post. But, it does not have to take a long time if you can add an elite player or two. Think top three variety. Got to put in the time to convince one special talent they are the missing piece and not convince yourself I can do it by coaching up lesser talent. If you don’t have an assistant that can get that done, fix it.

Do you realize that you almost never answer a question, asked of you, directly ?
It's like a politician. When they're asked a tough question (almost any question !), they respond with their talking points. Even though it has nothing to do with the original question.

I am Coach Jumper and I support this message

VN Store

Back