'21 AL WR Roc Taylor (Memphis signee)

-On April 30th, butchna said he hopes Edwin White isn't one commit to get a GIT. Is ok with Roc getting a GIT.
-On April 28th Ryno14 said he would be "absolutely stunned to ever see Roc Taylor in a Vol uniform."
-On May 2, Wormwood said "Taylor was already talking about “my recruitment is still open” a week after he committed so as far as I’m concerned he can kick rocks any time now."
-On May 3, coskramer said "Between R Taylor, N Evans, J Jones, and E White at most only 1 end up in this class"
-On April 30, Vol4Life1991 said "idt roc is going to stick... ever since he said his recruitment was still open"
-On April 30th VoluptousBOOMS pointed out that Roc Taylor, Nate Evans, Jay Jones, and Darrell Jackson weren't getting in on the twitter fun. To be fair, this is reading far too much into things on my end, but still "represents the pulse." I was talking about.
-On April 28th VoluptousBooms said "Who knows if we keep all the guys. We already know Roc Taylor’s recruitment is “still open”.
-On May 3, Frankwillie87 said "If you git shirt Roc Taylor, Evans, Jones, and Elijah Howard, you need another WR, so I would think Kaemen Marley is a good fit here" further representing the thought that Roc is a GIT option in some opinion.
- On May 4, coskramer said "At least 3 of N Evans, J Jones, E White, and R Taylor won't be Vols"
-On May 11, swchander1988 said "Taylor may not have a spot"
-On May 19th, Butchna said "drop mosely or Roc Taylor" for Brashard Smith and we're cooking with gas!
-On May 20, Trippie said he could see Roc Taylor going elsewhere.
-On May 22, Bass said "I like Roc Taylor's film, and he isn't a guy we would normally process, but I do wonder with him being basically the same player as Nixon but probably not as good, and with us taking 2 other tight ends in Campbell, whom the staff loves, and Hudson Wolfe, we might have to let him go somewhere else. Idk."
- On May 22 85sugar Vol said "They Gone:Nate Evans, Edwin White, Jay Jones. Possibles:Roc Taylor, Walker Merrill, Elijah Howard"
-On May 22 Jake4ut said "you could argue they've already recruited over Roc...."
All you’ve proven is that recruiting is fluid, we already knew that. That’s what makes recruiting fun, everyone posts their assessment as the recruitment changes, and it does. Read every recruit’s thread, over the years, you’ll find more of the same, in different degrees.

-On April 30th, butchna said he hopes Edwin White isn't one commit to get a GIT. Is ok with Roc getting a GIT.
-On April 28th Ryno14 said he would be "absolutely stunned to ever see Roc Taylor in a Vol uniform."
-On May 2, Wormwood said "Taylor was already talking about “my recruitment is still open” a week after he committed so as far as I’m concerned he can kick rocks any time now."
-On May 3, coskramer said "Between R Taylor, N Evans, J Jones, and E White at most only 1 end up in this class"
-On April 30, Vol4Life1991 said "idt roc is going to stick... ever since he said his recruitment was still open"
-On April 30th VoluptousBOOMS pointed out that Roc Taylor, Nate Evans, Jay Jones, and Darrell Jackson weren't getting in on the twitter fun. To be fair, this is reading far too much into things on my end, but still "represents the pulse." I was talking about.
-On April 28th VoluptousBooms said "Who knows if we keep all the guys. We already know Roc Taylor’s recruitment is “still open”.
-On May 3, Frankwillie87 said "If you git shirt Roc Taylor, Evans, Jones, and Elijah Howard, you need another WR, so I would think Kaemen Marley is a good fit here" further representing the thought that Roc is a GIT option in some opinion.
- On May 4, coskramer said "At least 3 of N Evans, J Jones, E White, and R Taylor won't be Vols"
-On May 19th, Butchna said "drop mosely or Roc Taylor" for Brashard Smith and we're cooking with gas!
-On May 22, Bass said "I like Roc Taylor's film, and he isn't a guy we would normally process, but I do wonder with him being basically the same player as Nixon but probably not as good, and with us taking 2 other tight ends in Campbell, whom the staff loves, and Hudson Wolfe, we might have to let him go somewhere else. Idk."
- On May 22 85sugar Vol said "They Gone:Nate Evans, Edwin White, Jay Jones. Possibles:Roc Taylor, Walker Merrill, Elijah Howard"
-On May 22 Jake4ut said "you could argue they've already recruited over Roc...."

1592963628620.gif

Liked for the amount of time it probably took you to post this..lol

Reactions: GojiraVol17
The argument for him being recruited over is if he's viewed as a TE. Some believe he is. As a true wr, that argument holds less water.

Sounds like he's a wr based on Callahan's comment.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
You posted a bunch of people's opinions that he may not be in this class because he may decommit, not that they believed he wasn't talented enough to be in the class.

So what is your opinion? Do you believe he will bail on us? Or do you believe we should bail on him? Because most of those people "agreeing with you" believe he isn't a solid commit. Very few believe he just can't hack it as a player.

You posted a bunch of people's opinions that he may not be in this class because he may decommit, not that they believed he wasn't talented enough to be in the class.

So what is your opinion? Do you believe he will bail on us? Or do you believe we should bail on him? Because most of those people "agreeing with you" believe he isn't a solid commit. Very few believe he just can't hack it as a player.
I don’t know that I believe we should bail on him. I just haven’t respected the commitment since he posted “his recruitment was still open” A DAY after committing. Also I have watched no film of the guy. He could very well be our best WR in the class and I would have no idea. I was stating that I’m fine with him getting a GIT shirt and I’m not the only person on the board who believes so. Some examples posted were people who thought he’d just leave yes, but my point was there is a small opinion on this board that some of us aren’t very worried if we land him or not.

Reactions: bigl3327
I don’t know that I believe we should bail on him. I just haven’t respected the commitment since he posted “his recruitment was still open” A DAY after committing. Also I have watched no film of the guy. He could very well be our best WR in the class and I would have no idea. I was stating that I’m fine with him getting a GIT shirt and I’m not the only person on the board who believes so. Some examples posted were people who thought he’d just leave yes, but my point was there is a small opinion on this board that some of us aren’t very worried if we land him or not.
That's a respectable take, and one that would have been better received instead of your previous simply stated "GIT", which left open the possibility that you simply believed he wasn't any good.

The argument for him being recruited over is if he's viewed as a TE. Some believe he is. As a true wr, that argument holds less water.

Sounds like he's a wr based on Callahan's comment.

Roc is Dee Beckwith 2.0. Auburn wants him bad. No way he is a Git shirt

Don’t agree with you, but gave a like for backing up your point

Reactions: VolByLaw

0B1071AE-901D-4A9C-B592-0905066B8B93.gif

Those are some names! I recognize a couple. 😉

I know everyone wants to be at the top of the recruiting boards, but at what point do we put more trust in the coaches knowing what they're doing than we do recruiting services? If our coaches see something in this kid, I don't care if he's a one star. Until they prove me wrong, coaches have my support. Whatever happens with Roc, so be it.

Roc is Dee Beckwith 2.0. Auburn wants him bad. No way he is a Git shirt
Auburn is recruiting him, but has yet to offer. Same for his cousin Rod Orr.

Alabama and Auburn recruit instate very similar to how Clemson recruits nationally. They only offer a kid if they are really ready for his commitment because kids in AL pine to play for one of them. (For the most part)

Both kids are Auburns if they offer. But that’s just my opinion.

Wouldn’t shock me if Brooks and Bell are the only two Alabama kids currently committed that sign with us.

Last edited:
Auburn is recruiting him, but has yet to offer. Same for his cousin Rod Orr.

Alabama and Auburn recruit instate very similar to how Clemson recruits nationally. They only offer a kid if they are really ready for his commitment because kids in AL pine to play for one of them. (For the most part)

Both kids are Auburns if they offer. But that’s just my opinion.

Wouldn’t shock me if Brooks is the only Alabama kid currently committed that signs with us.

Trinity Bell?

VN Store

Back