'21 NC OT Diego Pounds (Ole Miss)

Honest coaches... Check
Architecture major... Check
Good people/program culture... Check

Vol
I will be floored if he does architecture at UT.

5 year program. It's a 6 year Bachelor/masters program turned into a professional Bachelor degree in 5 years.
At least 14hrs of required arch classes a semester. Plus what ever other course load you have. And then you have to add in there are anywhere from 3 to 6 hours not accounted for in the studio classes which they count as labs or else it would be 18 hrs of just arch classes.

And there is no way to tutor with how subjective the grading is. And there is going to be zero pull with the AD as they arent used to athletes.

Only thing that will help him is the PC culture.

Reactions: Pepe

5 year program. It's a 6 year Bachelor/masters program turned into a professional Bachelor degree in 5 years.
At least 14hrs of required arch classes a semester. Plus what ever other course load you have. And then you have to add in there are anywhere from 3 to 6 hours not accounted for in the studio classes which they count as labs or else it would be 18 hrs of just arch classes.

And there is no way to tutor with how subjective the grading is. And there is going to be zero pull with the AD as they arent used to athletes.

Only thing that will help him is the PC culture.[/QUOTE

I admire his desire to attain a degree that would pay huge dividends in the future. I say go for it.

He would be better off with an engineering degree.

Heck I am 8 years into a career and most skilled laborers make more than I do.

You only make big bucks if your firm is named after you.

Only thing that will help him is the PC culture.
Dobbs majored in aerospace engineering, minor in business. I know that the architecture program at UT is intense but the Thornton center is a pretty incredible tool for student athletes

Reactions: Devo182
Dobbs majored in aerospace engineering, minor in business. I know that the architecture program at UT is intense but the Thornton center is a pretty incredible tool for student athletes
I like that he has aspirations and interests outside of ball and that he’d be interested in such a challenging program. It really speaks to his character as well as his smarts. That’s the kind of kid you want in your program.

Engineering is a yes/no objective course. Architecture is a weird blend of the exactness of engineering but with hugely subjective grading. You arent graded on what you turn in, you are graded on your process and presentations. There are skills they can help with but not the artsy side of things.

Not saying it absolutely cant be done, just saying I will be shocked. And unless he is lucky/unlucky like me and ends up actually enjoying the work I would point him elsewhere.

Engineering is a yes/no objective course. Architecture is a weird blend of the exactness of engineering but with hugely subjective grading. You arent graded on what you turn in, you are graded on your process and presentations. There are skills they can help with but not the artsy side of things.

Not saying it absolutely cant be done, just saying I will be shocked. And unless he is lucky/unlucky like me and ends up actually enjoying the work I would point him elsewhere.
I agree it would be extremely difficult (i know they used to/still have cots in the architecture building). But i love seeing he’s interested and probably has an idea of how tough it would be, and still wants to

Reactions: Pholisma
I like that he has aspirations and interests outside of ball and that he’d be interested in such a challenging program. It really speaks to his character as well as his smarts. That’s the kind of kid you want in your program.
Everytime he speaks and has spoken, shows his character. I remember reading something, at around the time he was going to graduate, that Vol fans would grow in their admiration of him and his contribution, on and off the field.

Everytime he speaks and has spoken, shows his character. I remember reading something, at around the time he was going to graduate, that Vol fans would grow in their admiration of him and his contribution, on and off the field.
I really hope we get the chance to over the next 4 years

VN Store

Back