Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, gents...thought we were getting a lot of furloughs at the office this afternoon and instead I got a call first thing this morning saying I was getting a big promotion. Hopefully doesn't mean furloughs for others though.

Prolly means you will be swinging the axe on the next tranche, gotta earn them spurs.

No. I wish. Not real accurate foot biometrics.

Do you have calipers you recommend?
Depends on your budget. I got some medical ones off EBay a few years ago. I’m using slimguide here. The actual BF% equations vary. Just tracking MM drops from the same measurement spots is a better measure of progress. I tested at 8.45% Sunday, but belly skinfold is 6 and I need to see 3mm to be really happy this round. Not sure if my quads will ever get lean but I’m giving it a run

Depends on your budget. I got some medical ones off EBay a few years ago. I’m using slimguide here. The actual BF% equations vary. Just tracking MM drops from the same measurement spots is a better measure of progress. I tested at 8.45% Sunday, but belly skinfold is 6 and I need to see 3mm to be really happy this round. Not sure if my quads will ever get lean but I’m giving it a run
That is what i do - track from previous numbers to see the percent change.

but i think i will look into calipers - would rather be a little more accurate.

Currently sitting at 12.8% - i was under 10% and happy with that, but I haven't been in a routine at all lately. Just starting again now.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Can't say I hate the black Power T on the helmet...

Are these actual things they're considering or just a mock up?

I like the black shirts with orange letters they wore against South Carolina and the orange pants. They needed black stripes on the orange pants though instead of white.

I struggle with the helmets though. The white with orange T and stripe looked off in the SC game. I don't think I like the white with black letters. I'd probably rather have black helmets with an orange T and stripe.

That is what i do - track from previous numbers to see the percent change.

but i think i will look into calipers - would rather be a little more accurate.

Currently sitting at 12.8% - i was under 10% and happy with that, but I haven't been in a routine at all lately. Just starting again now.
How were you testing, BIA scale or handheld or otherwise?

Anybody in here own a Blackstone Griddle grill? What are your thoughts on it?
We got a small one to use when we‘re traveling the RV - Mr Smokin loves to cook on it and we all love everything he cooks! He got rid of his Green Egg and his gas grill at home and bought a larger one so now we have two!

Last edited:
We got a small one to use when we traveling the RV - Mr Smokin loves to cook on it and we all love everything he cooks! He got rid of his Green Egg and his gas grill at home and bought a larger one so now we have two!
Why did he get rid of the Green Egg? I thought that was supposed to be the greatest thing in grilling.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back