Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just have to trust the coaches. They badly want to win also. Just make sure we don't have a Trask sitting on the bench.

You just said it all. We have no choice, no skin in the game other than buying tickets and such. We have to trust the coaches. It's their jobs and reputations on the line. However, my gut says they will be willing to lose games rather than make a different choice due to reasoning that has nothing to do with winning games. I desperately want to be wrong, but doubt I will be.

You just said it all. We have no choice, no skin in the game other than buying tickets and such. We have to trust the coaches. It's their jobs and reputations on the line. However, my gut says they will be willing to lose games rather than make a different choice due to reasoning that has nothing to do with winning games. I desperately want to be wrong, but doubt I will be.
I am very curious as to what you think that reasoning is.

Seems to me if they were willing to lose games (not), they would go ahead and let HB play and lose because of freshman mistakes so he would be ready for the next year. What other reasoning is there?

I do not agree. Coaches, above everyone else, understand the truism "Just win, baby"

Seems to me if they were willing to lose games (not), they would go ahead and let HB play and lose because of freshman mistakes so he would be ready for the next year. What other reasoning is there?
Even then the only time you play for the future is when the present is lost. That future you are playing may not even be here in the future(grades,injury,girl friends, ect. ect.) Plus if you don't give those other players the best opportunity to win,they will know it and you will lose that locker room very quickly.

My concern also..

Reactions: Vols4us
Here are the jersey numbers for Tennessee's 19 newcomers:

WR Malachi Wideman: 1
OLB Tyler Baron: 9
WR Jimmy Calloway: 9
DB Keshawn Lawrence: 14
DB Doneiko Slaughter: 18
WR Jalin Hyatt: 21
DB Tamarion McDonald: 29
RB Jabari Small: 33
WR Damarcus Beckwith: 34
RB Len'Neth Whitehead: 35
LB Martavius French: 40
RB Tee Hodge: 44
LS Will Albright: 46
LB Bryson Eason: 55
OLB Morven Joseph: 56
DL Omari Thomas: 58
OL James Robinson: 71
OL Javontez Spraggins: 76
DL Reginald Perry: 89

Tennessee welcomed six newcomers in January. The four early enrollees were athlete Jimmy Holiday (No. 10), quarterback Harrison Bailey (No. 15), offensive lineman Cooper Mays(No. 63) and defensive lineman Dominic Bailey(No. 59). The Vols also added transfers in Georgia offensive lineman Cade Mays (No. 68) and USC wide receiver Velus Jones Jr. (No. 13).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back