Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about Mello Yello. I don't know anyone that drinks Mountain Dew. People I know argue about those two. Most of them are Yankees that have moved here. So we like to use our Tennessee drink to make sure they understand they are still Yankees even if they are living in Tennessee.
Can’t find Mello Yello in stores down here, but in those high end soda machines you can get all the different variations never available when I was growing up. Diet Grape Mello Yello hits the spot.

Catsup vs Ketchup - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

giphy.gif
The biggest difference is that Hunts marketed it as catsup west of the Mississippi. I always pronounced it catch-up and resisted when introduced to Heinz because the spelling didn't match up with my preconception and ketch seemed hillbillyish.My dad, fooling around always pronounced it Cat Soup. so it's a bit of a nostalgic joke as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
There were 7 true freshmen that made the top 100 QB list at CFBstats last year. These kids were all in the 2019 class. Using the same points awarded analysis posted earlier in the comparison of the high school careers of Bailey, Guarantano, and Maurer, I’ve produced the same comparison between Guarantano and those 7 true freshmen from last season.

My purpose is to provide as objective a comparison as possible and not to disparage JG. There could be any number of reasons for JG’s inconsistent performance last year and this year things could be all better. I’m hoping to show that we should not be afraid of having a true freshman (Bailey) take the reins at QB for us simply because he is a true freshman.

One more thing to keep in mind. Jarrett Stidham in 2017 beat Georgia and beat Alabama and led Auburn to the SEC championship game. He went into 2018 with a lot of hype but owing to having lost his offensive line Auburn ended up with a substandard team in 2018. If fact they lost to a team that at the time was on an 11 game losing streak to SEC opponents. That wasn’t entirely Jarrett’s fault. jmo.

I’m just hoping Bailey gets a chance this year because it’s seemingly possible that after next year we will no longer have any 5-star offensive linemen for him to play behind. Having a good football team always comes down to having all the right parts at the same time and things are shaping up for 2021 to have all the right parts. It would be better in my opinion to work on our passing game for next year starting this year and I think that probably includes Bailey, Gibbs, Keyton (former HS teammate of Bailey’s), and Wideman, as a minimum. I think those 3 receivers in particular have 5-star potential. I think Whitehead may end up as a power back so with him, Gray, and Brown we should be good next year in the backfield. jmo.

I should also note that I’ve read that JG has already started working with Bailey to get him up to speed as quick as possible, a move on his part that I both applaud and appreciate. jmo.

So the summary points table first then the supporting tables for the comparisons:

ScreenHunter 439.png

ScreenHunter 434.png

ScreenHunter 437.png

Last edited:
Oh, by the way, Happy Father’s Day to all fathers here tomorrow, in case I have to work again tomorrow. You’re all appreciated. Good dads are just as important as good mothers.
My parents went to a church at which they presented a Bible to the oldest and the youngest father's in the congregation. My dad was presented his as the youngest at the age of 77.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back