Football isn’t happening...

Yup.

It sucks, but it's been the reality for a long while. Maybe they can play basketball, tennis, and soccer right now with proper precautions (and even that may be doubtful), but it's completely unrealistic to play a sport with 100+ man rosters (and a large support staff), with athletes constantly breathing all over each other, and that requires extensive practices to even get ready for the season.

I have a close friend and neighbor who works with several professional teams. She's very connected in that world and she's pessimistic about even baseball happening this year. She thinks there's no chance for football.

Yup.

It sucks, but it's been the reality for a long while. Maybe they can play basketball, tennis, and soccer right now with proper precautions (and even that may be doubtful), but it's completely unrealistic to play a sport with 100+ man rosters (and a large support staff), with athletes constantly breathing all over each other, and that requires extensive practices to even get ready for the season.

I have a close friend and neighbor who works with several professional teams. She's very connected in that world and she's pessimistic about even baseball happening this year. She thinks there's no chance for football.
Baseball isn’t happening because the players and owners are idiots who are trying to kill the sport. Frankly I haven’t watched a full baseball game since the strike and don’t care now. And they are now trying to kill it for a whole new generation of fans. But I agree about football. The season is in trouble.

Baseball isn’t happening because the players and owners are idiots who are trying to kill the sport. Frankly I haven’t watched a full baseball game since the strike and don’t care now. And they are now trying to kill it for a whole new generation of fans. But I agree about football. The season is in trouble.
Baseball doest exist past college. They killed the game. Truth is the cheaters made MLB more fun to watch.

I think one misconception is that's it's up to the NCAA or a conference or a school. It seems to me like governors can possibly throw things into a tailspin.

If say the Texas and Arkansas govs go into shutdown mode then what happens to the rest of the conference?

Reactions: onevol74
23 Clemson football players test positive for coronavirus - CNN

With breakouts like this and what’s already happening with MLB, I’d say it’s a done deal.
I DO NOT trust these tests they are using, and I have heard that results can depend on calibration, which means it is arbitrary. This virus is not a year old. Who has ever validated the accuracy of these tests? Nobody. I find it hard to believe 23 kids all got it at Clemson. There is so much misinformation about what you should/shouldn't do. What treatments work. How many of us have natural immunity. You have no idea who to listen to or trust, but this story sounds like Fake News to me

I love our age of misinformation and misleading headlines. "The virus is spiking!!' Keep in mind we're testing so much more now then we were. Roughly 28 million Americans have now been tested. Even with skyrocketed testing, numbers are trending down from early April. This is from the CDC today.

Attachments

• AADCEF24-33CB-4F14-894E-B1581776981D.jpeg
    AADCEF24-33CB-4F14-894E-B1581776981D.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 139
I love our age of misinformation and misleading headlines. "The virus is spiking!!' Keep in mind we're testing so much more now then we were. Roughly 28 million Americans have now been tested. Even with skyrocketed testing, numbers are trending down from early April. This is from the CDC today.

Then there's Fla, SC, Ark, OK, and TX to name a few that's un-flattening the curve...

All these college players have tested positive and not one single one with a serious issue from it. Seems terribly risky.

It's only a matter of time before a player or coach with pre-existing conditions gets seriously ill or dies. I can think of at least one player and a number of coaches on our team who are especially vulnerable to this disease.

VN Store

Back