2020 NBA Season Thread (brought to you by Jerry’s need for attention)

In case you didn't have enough reason to hate on the Lakers, the May edition of Real Sports (which I watched part of last night) stated they were the only NBA team (if you trust the disclosures) that applied for a loan under the Paycheck Protection Program. And they got it.

Maybe this was common knowledge already and they paid the money back but, damn, how many actual small businesses didn't get a loan and went under before all of that came out.

How, exactly, did the L.A. Lakers get a 'small business' loan? - CNNPolitics

It also highlighted the Sacramento Kings staging a press conference to highlight their community charity by offering their old arena to use as hospital overflow. Later it was discovered that they were doing so at the tune of $500K per month to the city (they did not charge for the practice facility). In their defense, they did donate $250K to community organizations (not sure if this was in addition to normal donations from the organization).

Sacramento Kings Announce Natomas Arena to Serve as Surge Hospital and $250,000 Donation to Support Area Community Organizations in COVID-19 Response Efforts | Sacramento Kings

Sports franchises just can't help themselves from taking from the taxpayers.

What are they beefing about?

They're not beefing, per se. Kyrie and some others are concerned about the NBA being a distraction from the political activism that we're seeing. He is proposing the NBA does not resume. People like Barkley are saying play hoops and use your platform to help with the change.

They're not beefing, per se. Kyrie and some others are concerned about the NBA being a distraction from the political activism that we're seeing. He is proposing the NBA does not resume. People like Barkley are saying play hoops and use your platform to help with the change.
Ahh, i had seen the Kyrie stance. Surprised to see Lebron on the other side.

Ahh, i had seen the Kyrie stance. Surprised to see Lebron on the other side.

I'm not that surprised. I think he understands that guys getting paid and using the platform, which will almost be exclusive given MLB's nonsense, is better than the alternative.

Also, selfishly, I am sure he wants his shot at another ring as he isn't getting any younger.

So....... kyrie Irving has no platform outside of basketball. I haven’t heard a word from him until he opposed returning to basketball. Wouldn’t he be more effective with, you know, his platform ?

So....... kyrie Irving has no platform outside of basketball. I haven’t heard a word from him until he opposed returning to basketball. Wouldn’t he be more effective with, you know, his platform ?

The really ridiculous thing is that he isn't even going to return to play, I don't believe. So let's derail everyone else. Dude is a wreck.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
The moment you realize Kyrie is in charge of your message.

giphy.gif

I think/hope cooler heads are prevailing. You got people like D12, Kyrie, and Captain Jack on one side and then you got Lebron and Barkley on the other.
The latter matters more than the former in that regard, BY A MILE

VN Store

Back